The Start of Something Bad

Sent to a Bloodsucker

You were peacefully eating the food you had grilled after equally serving the others their share.

"My bones are still rusty after getting out of the hospital..." Niel complained, rolling his neck and shoulders.

C.A.P. growled. "Once I get my hands on them..."

"We won't show any mercy." Ricky finished, in a deeper more scarier voice.

Your eyes were as large as the full moon, staring at the murderous glares the guys had.

"Those bastards will pay." Chunji cracked his knuckles from the thought of the fight.

"Let's see if those rats dare to step foot in our territory again." Changjo scoffed before stuffing more food into his mouth.

"They seriously did hurt me, if I see them, I'll get that cocky leader..." Niel burned a hole into the roof with his laser-like stare.

You hid from their view and munched on your food quietly. *Oh no... Ricky and Changjo better not come to school then...*

"Oh hyung, we have that test on in a few days. We better go to school." Changjo reminded Ricky.

"No!" You squeaked a little too loudly.

All eyes were now on you.

You watched their curious eyes. "Um... I meant, 'no! This is... too hot for me to eat..."' You blew onto the meat held in your chopsticks.

They nodded and went back to eat.

You felt nervous for Hyo and the others, but you still weren't sure why. They did horrible things and kept it from you, but you found out anyway. They were bad people to the public, but why do you feel like they're still good?

"Hey L.Joe, what're you going to do when you see those guys?" C.A.P. asked, looking straight into L.Joe's eyes, not breaking the eye contact.

L.Joe swallowed the rice in his mouth. "I'm gonna kill them."

You squealed even louder in fright. *NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY ASDFGHJK.*

"You serious? Maybe that's a bit too far hyung..." Ricky worried innocently.

"I was just joking." L.Joe smiled and continued to eat his rice.

Everyone relaxed, except C.A.P., who seemed to not be satisfied.

You felt the tension between the two guys and somehow felt guilty for causing all of this. *Was it because of me?*

You stayed silent throughout the whole dinner and ate the least out of all of them. Eating the least was still considered normal for you, since all the males chowed down all the food before you could get any.

"Bye guys." L.Joe waved to the others as they left. His attention went back to you, who was silent and still beside him. "What's up with you?"

"Huh?" Your head shot up. "M-Me? N-Nothing."

"Then why are you stuttering?" He started to walk, with you tagging along.

"Me? Stuttering? No..." You awkwardly laughed it off.

He didn't find the joke funny at all and looked at you expresionlessly. You quickly looked away and widened the space between you and him.

L.Joe felt the odd aura around the both of you. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing..." You muttered.

"Then why are you so far away?" He tried to get closer, but you moved away. "Why? Am I embarassing you or something?"

"No..." You mumbled and played with your hair.

"Why won't you look at me?" His voice came out more whiny than expected.

The corners of your lips tugged upwards when you heard the aegyo in his voice. The vibration of your phone distracted you.

You checked the text from an unknown number.

You read it aloud quietly to yourself, before you hurriedly tried to call the number.

"I'm sorry, but this number is currently not registered." The recorded female voice said.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN NOT REGISTERED? HOW CAN IT FREAKING TEXT ME." You screamed at the phone, receiving weird looks from people around you.

You tried again and again, only to receive the same stupid reply. You tried to text back the number, but the same message appeared but in typed form.

L.Joe was caught off guard by your sudden change and was extremely worried. *What the hell happened?*

You wiped the frustrated tears from your face and ran off.

"Wait! Where are you going?!" L.Joe shouted and chased after you.

Those few words in that one text gave you hope but at the same time gave you doubt.

"WHERE ARE YOU?!" You shouted into the cold air. "WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME?"

L.Joe tried his best to keep up with you, but at every scream, you seem to run faster and faster.

"WAIT! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" He puffed. His felt as if his legs were going to fall off soon, but he kept running.

You cried out loud and kept running to who knows where. All you wanted to do was run and never stop.

"Stop!" L.Joe called. "Stop running!"

You still couldn't believe that he was still close behind you.

You eventually slowed down, but your speed was still fast. You ran closer to the edge of town, where there were no more houses in sight.

There was a large body of water nearby, reflecting the moon on it's rippling surface.

You felt attracted to that place and mindlessly ran towards it.

"Stop! Slow down!" L.Joe called from 100 metres away.

You slowed down, like he said, until you completely stopped at the edge of the pier, facing the sea with tear-filled eyes.

You couldn't explain all the feelings you had churning inside of you. Tear by tear, you let out all the misery you've kept inside you since birth.

"Why..." You repeated over and over.

L.Joe finally caught up to you and dropped down to his knees. He felt as if he was going to pass out but couldn't.

He muttered your name with all the energy he had at the time.

You dropped to the ground too, refusing to look away from the moon and the sea.

"What's... Wrong..." He panted.

You just silently cried. "Why did you follow me L.Joe. Go home."

"No..." He lied on his back and caught his breath. "I had to make sure that you weren't doing anything wrong."

"Who told you to do that?!" You snapped unexpectedly and quickly apologised. "I'm sorry..."

L.Joe could see the tears building up in your eyes until they dripped down your cheeks. He felt ripped watching you cry.

He forced himself to sit up beside you.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked again, wiping your tear away.

You just kept crying.

"I-I don't think you want to know..." You choked.

"Why did you think I ran after you then?" He lightly chuckled.

You frowned. "You said you had to."

L.Joe frowned too. "I used the wrong word, I meant I want to. Now, tell me what's wrong..."

You didn't want to tell him, you were afraid he would judge you. But seeing the sympathy and worry in his eyes reminded you that he was like you too.

"Someone knows what happened to my parents..."

 


Thanks to Love-Star401 for subscribing! :D