Time For Trouble

Sent to a Bloodsucker

"HAH," you let out a laugh after seeing the scores. "I won~" 

You jumped around in celebration, flinging your arms around in joy. It was the first time you've ever won over L.Joe in anything, besides accurate imitations. 

L.Joe leaned onto the machine, wondering what's up with him today to have his score whopped by yours. You managed to get every basket in, while his clumsy hands managed to only get 4, not to mention nearly knock out an innocent passer-by with the ball. 

You stopped your celebration with a deep sigh, keeping the wide smile on your face.

"What shall I beat you in next~?" you asked sweetly, linking your arm with his while leading him away from the machines.

A game popped up in L.Joe's mind, a game he was been confident in for years. 

L.Joe took the lead and guided you to the dance machine and smiled. A frown appeared on your face, remembering your defeat last time. L.Joe was very experienced in the game and memorized pretty much every song's steps in every difficulty, while you never touched it before in your life. So the outcome was expected; L.Joe winning first place, and you giving up half way from too much movement. 

"Can we not play the extremely hard one this time? I went easy on you with the basketball game~" you negotiated. 

"But it won't be fun," L.Joe said, the smile still on his face. 

You unlinked your arm from his and stood a good metre away with your arms crossed. You shook your head and declined the offer to play unless he would go easy.

"Okay fine, we'll play light this time," he gave in and inserted coins into the slot. He took off his jacket in preparation and placed it on the side of the machine for safe-keeping. 

You knew this wasn't a good sign for you. This meant L.Joe was ready to move like lightning to a hard song, and you were probably going to have to push him off the machine to catch up, but that grip of his on the support is nothing like a human's, but then again, he isn't human, and you weren't too.

"I'll choose first," you decided. You checked each song's difficulty and chose a simple one for beginners.

"Oh come on," L.Joe protested, "this is an embarassment to my skill."

"Think of it as a warm-up," you shrugged and took off your jacket. You looked down at your outfit and frowned. "Should've worn jeans today..."

"But I quite like this outfit, makes you look more beautiful than usual," L.Joe complimented, a small tint of red appearing on his cheeks.

You smiled shyly, giving him a protesting push. "Why the sudden flattery..."

"It should make you feel a little better after I beat you~" 

You pushed him off the machine. Off-guard, L.Joe stumbled off the machine as soon as the song started giving you a head-start. Every time he attempted to get on, you would push him off again.

L.Joe wouldn't accept defeat that easily. When your arm reached out, he grabbed your wrist and pulled you closer to him, making you stumble into his arms. He hugged your waist and lifted you carefully onto the ground before matching the arrows on the screen with his steps.

There weren't many people in the arcade since it was a school day, which meant the situation of always being carried off the game was less embarassing. 

"This isn't fair! You probably practised ever since the first machine came out!" you complained, holding onto his wrists so he won't carry you off again.

L.Joe laughed, finishing off the song. "Actually, I'm probably the only person who managed to break the highest record for each machine that has come out."

You rolled your eyes and pulled an un-impressed look towards L.Joe. 

"Why?" he questioned.

You pressed your lips together and shook your head. "You did all that and you're going to cheat in light mode so you can beat a girl?" you asked in a teasing tone. 

"You did improve in basketball, who knows if you secretly practised this game as well and was just waiting to embarass me as well," L.Joe reasoned. 

Glancing at the scores, he pressed the centre button to continue a game and decided on the next song himself while you waited beside him. 

You sighed, seeing the high level of movement involved for the game. *It's going to be a challenge...*

--

*How the hell am I supposed to ruin their date without being noticed...* Jihee thought, charging past people with the crushed eggs in her hand.

Dumping the carton into the bin, she searched for a tap nearby to wash her hands and maybe cool down her face. Finding one in an alleyway, she splashed her face with tap water after cleaning her hands.

*I need to know where they are first, then I can strike without them knowing...* Jihee planned, wiping her hands on her jeans. A strategy formed in her mind, and she turned back towards the maze with a sly smile.

 


Short A/N today cuz these days hasn't been the best for me, it's been a horrible week and I'm not really in the mood to greet you guise as cheery as usual. :/ So hai guise, how has your week been? ^^


Thanks to the many new subbies alisiatseng , big_bowls_of_pho , JungHaWoo23 , Shazzyx3 , kyubiased96 , _APHRODITEME_ , Nevrane , reinmayy , Amily-Johnson , LionFIRE and TobiHeartsYou for subscribing! :D