Centre of Attention

Sent to a Bloodsucker

L.Joe walked you to school the next day. You were wearing a white buttoned up blouse and a blue checkered skirt with black stockings.

You waddled along side L.Joe with your backpack weighing you down.

"Make sure you study hard and keep your secret hidden." L.Joe said.

"I will- ACHOOOOOO!" You sneezed in the middle of your sentence. You sniffed and gave him an assuring smile.

"You're sick, you're not going to school." He sighed and walked back towards home.

"No no no! I don't want to keep delaying my studies! I'm not sick! Not at all!" You stayed put in front of the school gate.

He looked back at you and exhaled. "Okay fine..." He walked back to you and looked around. Quickly, he took off his scarf and wrapped in around your neck.

"Stay warm and don't get sick." Were the last words he said, before walking back home.

You buried your nose into the scarf and could smell a familiar and comforting scent.

You smiled softly and walked through the gates of school on your first day of school.

"YOU! YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU ASDFGHJKL." You paused straight away at the shrieking and excited voice.

You looked to your right, to see the familiar three boys and two girls. One of the girls, the one who insulted the nerd, was jumping up and down while pointing at you. There were more guys and girls with them and you figured they were the popular people.

"YOU! YOU'RE L.JOE'S FRIEND!" The girl squealed in happiness. She ran over to you. "What are you doing in our school?"

You stared at her through your glasses and gave her an obvious answer. "I'm here to learn..."

"Oh really? How wonderful! Come join our group! Come on!" She grabbed onto your arm and pulled you to her group.

You awkwardly held onto your bag straps and stared up at the tall faces looking down at you. ""Umm... Hi..."

"Guys! This is L.Joe's childhood friend! She's going to school with us!" The girl smiled widely. "I'm Jihee, but you can call me Ji."

"Hello... I'm _______..." You bowed to the group of people. They went around introducing themselves but with so many people, you got confused.

The bell for class interrupted your talk and students started to scatter to their classes.

"Hey _______! What do you have first?" Yunji, the other girl that's always with Jihee, asked.

You quickly took out your time table and checked the first class.

"Erm..." You traced the paper with your index finger. "I have Science first with Mr Jung."

"Same as Jaesun!" She pointed to a tall charming guy. He pulled off the black Beats off his head and fixed his shoulder bag.

You recognised him as the guy in the coffee shop that smiled at you and the guy that stood up for the nerd.

He gave a friendly smile and gestured you to follow him. You awkwardly followed behind him to class.

You entered the classroom and noticed that everyone had assigned seats. You awkwardly stood in front of the class, waiting for the teacher.

“Alright class! Welcome to school!” Mr Jung piped as he strolled in. “Oh hello and who are you?”

Mr Jung seemed to be a young man in his late 30s. He wore a long sleeved purple shirt and a black vest over it with black jeans.

You bowed politely before introducing yourself. “Hello, I’m Park ______. I’ll be a student here for 4 months.”

He gave a welcoming smile before fixing the frameless glasses on the bridge of his nose.

“Welcome _______shi! I am Mr Jung, your teacher for English and Science. Please take a seat and we shall start the class.”

While Mr Jung was preparing his notes for the class, you looked around the classroom for any spare seats.

There were three seats available. One was beside a dodgy looking boy who kept sending you weird looks which made you feel uncomfortable. Another was beside a girl with coloured hair and dark eyeliner around her eyes.

You slowly approached her table cautiously. She looked up and snarled loudly, scaring you into the third empty seat at the table beside hers.

Jaesun beamed at your choice to sit beside him.

“Hello! You decided to be my seat buddy? Since we’ll be in…” He held up his hands and counted with his fingers, “4 classes together: English, Science, Maths and History… Let’s be friends!”

He took your hand and shook it as a sign of a deal. He carefully placed your hand back down on the table and naturally went off to start his classwork.

You blinked at him curiously through your glasses and wondered what made him so friendly.

Shrugging the thought off, you unpacked all your stuff for the class.

----

"_______!!!" Jihee and Yunji shrieked at you like it's been years since they last saw you.

"_______! Tell us about L.Joe!" Yunji linked her arm with yours and walked beside you to their caferia table.

"Yeah! Does L.Joe cook for you at home? Is he really romantic? Does he do things for you?" Jihee asked.

The two girls caught the attention of other female students... and some male ones.

Soon, they too started to shout your name to get your attention so they could ask you a question.

You struggled to reply back as the people swarmed around you.

Jaesun, Hyunsoo and Chinho (the two boys that's always with Jaesun) stared awkwardly from their table.

Hyunsoo dropped his plastic fork on his plate and furrowed his eyebrows. "It must be bad to be swarmed like that just because of your best friend."

"I feel like we should do something..." Chinho suggested. Suddenly, a bunch of girls jumped onto the table's seats just to get a glimpse of you.

Chinho leaned back with wide nervous eyes. "Maybe we should just stay back..."

Jaesun watched you drowning in the sea of people worriedly.

"_______! _______! _______!!!!!!!!!!!" The students screamed.

You cupped your ears to drown out the sound.

"YAH. ALL OF YOU. MOVE." A familiar voice demanded. The crowd went silent and parted into two.

The two boys walked towards you, who was still cupping your ears.

Ricky grinned cutely and attacked you with a hug. "I MISSED YOU~!"

Changjo hugged the both of you tightly.

You felt even more squashed. "Ah... My glasses..." You tried protecting your glases from breaking.

The both of them pulled away quickly.

"You wear glasses dongsaeng?" Ricky asked, looking at you like you were an artwork he wasn't yet so satisfied with.

"You look prettier without it." Changjo smiled.

You looked down shyly at your feet and fidgeted. "Thanks..."

Ricky and Changjo glared at the crowd of students still around you.

"What are you still doing here?" Ricky stared coldy at them.

"Go to your own lives." Changjo waved them off. Like sheep, they obediently obeyed.

Jaesun, Hyunsoo and Chinho took their chance to take their place as your bodyguards.

"Sup Ricky." Jaesun waved casually.

"Hey Jaesun." Ricky acknowledged coolly.

"Eh? Both of you know each other?" You questioned then realised the answer. "Oh right, you guys go to the same school..."

Ricky giggled at your cuteness and added. "We used to play basketball in middle school too."

You nodded understandingly.

"Well, we're going now." Changjo waved.

"Now? Why?" You felt a little disappointed.

"We're superheroes! We're going to protect the West Side from those dirty East Side people." He waved. "Take care of her Jaesun."

You flinched at the words ''dirty East Side people''. You laughed awkwardly and stiffly waved goodbye.

"I will Ricky! We're friends!" He said proudly and waved goodbye.

---

HEY GUISE!!! It's been... a looong while... I was really hoping the chapters would come back ever since the AFF failure... But I guess not D:

And so... I decided to re-write them :D They'll be differences of course... Since my memory is of a goldfish XD

I hope you'll continue supporting this fic!

*If you guys find any typos... please say so in the comments ^^

And of course I shall finish with something I won't change...

Thanks to xPikachuuuu , makem3smile , Serenity_20 , IIVAYY , Han-Eun , JaeRi125 , peodbear , xiceangell123 and nicky1998 for subscribing!