Exploring the West Side

Sent to a Bloodsucker

You sneaked out of the apartment to look for a job that could help you gain money that you could use for yourself.

You held onto your shoulder bag's strap and nodded along to your ipod while waiting for the bus.

A few minutes later, the bus to the centre of the town arrived and you quickly boarded, finding the bus already packed. Luckily, you only had a few stops.

You shuffled through your music and hummed along. Looking up, you found that you had already arrived.

You jumped off and thanked the bus driver with a cheery smile.

Looking at your surroundings, you found that you had only travelled down the street.

"I could've walked here." You sighed and joined the crowds of people rushing around.

----

You sat in a warm cozy coffee shop alone. The surroundings were nice and tranquil and made you feel calm.

Slurping your chocolate milkshake, you tapped the table with your fingers along with the beat of the music.

*Maybe I can work here...* You thought and looked up just in time to see new people walk in.

It was a group of five students, two girls and three boys. They were wearing the West Side's school uniform.

"Oh my gosh, did you see that ugly nerd today? Can she get even more uglier?" One of the girls cackled, making the other cackle too.

The boys awkwardly laughed along while searching for a seat.

You blinked and accidently made eye contact with one of the boys. He smiled at you unexpectadly, but being shy, you looked away.

"Hey, isn't that L.Joe's sister?" The girl who insulted the nerd asked, pointing straight at you.

You awkwardly pretended that you didn't hear them and looked around the cafe and admired the paintings hanging on the wall.

"Nah, Ricky said it's L.Joe's childhood friend." A different boy said.

"Ah~ Oppa! You're so lucky to be friends with Ricky!" The second girl whined and did excessive aegyo. You couldn't help but look at her weirdly.

"C'mon guys, there are seats over there." The third boy said, leading the group away.

You relaxed once their attention was off you. *Pheww... Hopefully they won't learn the truth...*

You stood up and decided to look for a job elsewhere.

 

L.Joe P.O.V.

I came home to complete silence.

Where did that girl go?

"Hello?" I stuck my head into the room and found noone.

"Are you in there?" I opened the bathroom door slowly and found noone.

I looked out onto the balcony and found noone.

I looked everywhere in the apartment and found... A few coins~! :D *ahem*

As I was saying... Where is that girl?

 

Your P.O.V.

"I haven't seen you around before... Are you from the East Side?" The ahjumma asked suspiciously.

"East Side?! What? No! No no no no no! I'm from here! Hehe... West Side is the best~" You answered.

"Oh well... What class are you in now?" She asked.

"Class?" You repeated from confusion.

"Yes, for school at West Side High School..." She said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Ehm... I... I don't go to school..." You revealed. She looked at you curiously. "Umm... Well I just moved here from the far side of West Downtown Seoul..."

"I'm sorry but you have to be a student first to work here." The ahjumma said and kicked you out.

"Aish..." You grumbled. Every place you tried to apply a job for, gave you the same words before shooing you out.

"Why do I even have to be a student to work here?" You angrily walked away towards a bench near the cafe.

You plumped onto the bench and frustratedly sighed. "What can I do now..."

"You can always come home." L.Joe appeared out of nowhere and looked down at you.

"HOLY CRAP." You were caught of guard and nearly stumbled off the bench.

"Stop doing that!" You angrily hit his chest. He raised an eyebrow at you and you realised what you just did.

"Hehe... Sorry..." You patted his chest awkwardly, hoping it wouldn't bruise.

He walked from behind the bench to stand in front of you with his hands in his pockets. "Why didn't you tell me you were leaving the apartment?!"

"Well... I didn't think I had to..." You pursed your lips.

"What would you do when you got found out? Obviously I can't help you since I don't know where you are!" He angrily said, making you shrink under his gaze.

"I'm sorry..." You muttered.

"What would you do if you got outnumbered? You could've got hurt today! Noone knows who you exactly are and where you came from!" He continued.

"I'm really sorry..." You mumbled.

He softened and sighed, massaging his forehead. *I'm going to get wrinkles from all this worrying...*

"Aish... Let's just go home..." He held onto your arm and pulled you up. "Do you have a phone?"

You shook your head. "I dropped it one night when Hyo was chasing me with his gang..."

He took in a deep breath and exhaled. "Let's go get you a new phone..."

-----

"UWAAH~ DAEBAK. IT'S THE NEWEST VERSION!" You awed at the new phone L.Joe had bought you.

You played around with it for the whole walk home.

"What does this button lead to?" You curiously asked yourself. "Ah! There's apps on this!"

Pressing more buttons, you found already installed games inside. "Angry Birds! Tiny Wings! Oven Break! WAAH~"

Your phone made a tinkling noise. "Eh? I have a new text."

You swiped the screen at the new message icon.

Stop talking to yourself.

From: Unknown Number

You glared up at the person beside you. "Is this from you?" You asked L.Joe, showing him the text.

He simply blinked at the text and looked straight.

*Hmph... I guess it is from you...*

You saved the contact under L.Joe's name.

 

-----

WHY HELLO THERE GUISE~ :D How was this chapter? And guess what?

 This story has already reached 41 subbies with only 12 chapters! *throws confetti and messes up the room*

Of course, this wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for you guys!

Thanks to Iamakoreanfan , Bigbangkpoplov , tofumaknae11 , JaeHwaxKpop , bupple_1254 and ic3cream_8D for subscribing! :DD