70: Private Party-Sleepover

SHINee : Family Version

Author's note below!


Minho did not expect that Jonghyun would be so eager to throw him a private party for his discharge from the hospital.

He sat on the couch, watching as Jonghyun pile the pillows and cushions together, even opting to take out their bedsheets aside for the inflatable mattress.

Speaking of the inflatable mattress, Jinki was busy pushing the air into the item with the help of the machine, wiggling the deflated mattress slightly so that the air would fill in every gaps and corner and make it nice and plump.

Kibum had put all the snacks on the table, putting all the drinks on the side and making sure that the cups are not made from glass, because casualty might happens during the sleepover, like it or not.

Honestly Minho thought that it was going to be like the cliché version of the girl sleepover, with snacks, horror movies and storytelling before going to sleep, but thinking about it, sometimes they are cliché. Growing up with brothers with different personalities and interests can really add on to different clashes of activities, but if there’s anything that they might enjoyed more, is when they don’t even have to bring up what they wanted to do and instead agreed upon what everyone needs.

And that is sleepover.

Minho glances down to see Taemin looking up at him, unblinking. Some might think it’s endearing, but Minho thinks it’s creeping him out. Since he knew Taemin was incapable of doing on the bigger tasks (preparing snacks is a big tasks, don’t judge), he was tasked to watch over Minho, which is not the norm.

Usually Taemin would sit on the couch and ask Jinki on how can the air be trapped inside the inflatable mattress for long when he jumped around on it for hours with no end?

Or asking Jonghyun to why the pillows did not spurt out feathers like what the movies portrayed during sleepover party?

And even to Kibum on how much snacks can he eat before he can get stomach ache?

So when he gets a task to actually DO something, Taemin gets excited and really keep his words. He had sat down with his milk on his hand and sipping while keeping an eye on Minho, and it didn’t even budge him when the said brother proceed to have a staring contest with him.

“Taemin-ah, don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere.” Minho reassures him. But Taemin would just nod and keep on watching him while sipping on his milk, not even bother to spill out a response like always.

Minho sighed before turning to his twin who was already on the other side of the couch, tapping on his phone. Texting his girlfriend probably.

“His stare is creeping me out.”

Kibum raise his head up, pondering over Minho’s statement before peering his head over to what he was talking about. He chuckled and leaned back, shrugging at his twin.

“He was dead serious about his task. Don’t ruin it for him.”

“But it was creepy!” Minho whined. If Taemin knew what he meant, he would be offended, but bless the angel, Taemin wouldn’t even budge even there’s an earthquake outside, focusing on keeping his task on watching his brother.

“Don’t worry, we’re almost finished with it. Just waiting for the mattress to be filled up,” Jinki, who overheard the conversation, butted in while sneaking glances towards Minho and the mattress slowly coming back to life.

Jonghyun plopped on the long couch, looking at Taemin seriously.

“He’s doing a good job. Maybe he should become a bodyguard or something? It suits him.”

Jinki snorted. “Yeah, maybe he would get some restraining order for being too creepy with that kind of stare.” Jonghyun shrugged, hugging his pillow to his chest while reaching for the tv remote, looking for something to watch for the sleepover.

They heard a door opened and closed before their parents appeared at the hallway of the living room. Their father are surprised to see the commotion while their mother chuckled, seeing the preparations.

“Oh, sleepover night?” their mother guessed. All of the brothers nodded. Taemin breaks out from his creepy staring trance before leap towards their mother, hugging her leg.

“Mama! I’m watching Minho-hyung to make sure he didn’t go anywhere!”

Their father raised an eyebrow at the youngest’ statement. Jonghyun sheepishly smiled.

“I gave him a task to look over Minho. It is an important task!”

“Sure it is,” their father muses, watching Minho sprawled on the couch without even having to do anything due to his injury. The mother poked her husband, giving him a silent glare before turning to the youngest.

“I’m sure that task is hard for a big boy like you,” the mother cooed, patting the youngest’ head gently while patting his head gently, watching how happy Taemin nodding towards his mother’s statement while leaning more into her touch, as what the baby of the group would do.

“So… how’s the ET scan?” Kibum perks up, looking at his mother curiously. All of them had known that their parents went to the hospital this morning for their first appointment since the baby announcement. Knowing their parents, they would take the rest of the day off to spend time with each other, the reason that was well known in the family.

It’s amazing how being married rewarded you with perks like this… maybe?

And it gives them an opportunity to order take outs for dinner, with much to everyone’s delight.

Their father smiled, wrapping an arm around his wife’s hip, grinning excitedly at the moment.

“The fetus is healthy. It’s still early to determine the gender, so we have to wait for the next appointment for that.”

“Should we bet on the gender?” Jinki speaks up from the floor, already finishing with his task with inflating mattress. But his questions are more to be directed towards his brothers instead of his parents.

“Yah, why do you need to bet on such stuff,” Jonghyun chided, before adding more, “But I’ll bet for a boy.”

Kibum snorted. “Well that was surprising.” Jonghyun lifted both of his hands up, as in to prove a point.

“I’ll bet for a girl. Maybe we could get a baby sister this time. I’ll wonder how it feels like to have another female in the family.” Minho speaks up, scratching his neck while shrugging. The other brothers murmured in agreement, as in they were thinking for the same thing.

“I guess that depends on fate. And God.” Jonghyun sighed, landing his back on the couch comfortably, gazing up at his parents.

The parents shook their head before bidding them a good night, telling them to not mess around and be respectful to each other as always before heading towards the bedroom.

Jinki turned to his brothers, clasping his hands together.

“Now, let the fun begin!”


A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for not actively updating like I used to. Usually I updated when I had completed the next chapter for the current one to be posted, so that would keep me going in writing more and more chapters in the future until I deemed that the story wasn't going anywhere anymore. I can promise you updates, but I can't promise that it would be soon. Writing short chapters is tough too when you're overwhelmed by procrastination, lack of motivation etc. lmao. Thank you for all those subs coming in even when I didn't update during my semi-hiatus, I'm happy that this story and others are getting their recognition in their own way. Until then, please do enjoy my stories and welcome to the new and old subbies!

Xoxo