43: The Night Then...

SHINee : Family Version

“Hey kids, how did your trip go?” Leetuk sat down, putting plates of food on the table. They were at a restaurant where food are being served as a buffet, and the best part, family deals on the dine-in. what a good offer.

“It was great. We had the whole morning for a photoshoot, the evenings on food. Maybe tomorrow we will get to go somewhere that is more fun.” Kibum says with a glare to his older brother Jonghyun. While Jonghyun smiled sheepishly, hiding his camera way out from their sight.

The truth of their trip today that they weren’t able to go anywhere as they were busy with photoshoots and food, as per said by Kibum. The whole brothers blamed Jonghyun. And yes, even Little Taemin.

“Why?” the mother questioned, slightly surprised by Jonghyun’s behavior.

“He wanted to experience how it feels like to be a photographer today, just in case he didn’t make it to be an idol.” Jinki snorted, picking on his sushi. Jonghyun nudge him over, hard. Jinki’s food would be all over the floor, with Jinki too, if not for Minho’s quick response to holding Jinki on his spot.

“What? It was true! Stop pushing me and ruining my dinner!” Jinki grumbled, fixing his position and picking up his chopsticks again to resume eating. I repeat, the brothers are still not talking to Jonghyun for ruining their day.

“Now, now,” the mother tutted, “you’re not going to bicker on this small thing is it? It’s just today, you have tomorrow to spare and go to wherever you boys are planning to go to?”

“We have until Monday, and today is Saturday! We don’t have any more days left!” Kibum ratted out, glaring at Jonghyun before stuffing his wagyu beef, and finding out that it was finished, Kibum stood up and walk to the meat stand for a refill.

“It’s okay boys, we can go to Hokkaido again. Or Kyoto. There will always be next time. Don’t bum out over this. It’s a vacation. Everyone should be happy. Right?” Leetuk pressed, staring each son out (except for Kibum who are waiting for the meat to be grilled)

Minho shrugged, eating his food, he got no reason to be mad (Well he is slightly mad, but he did his shopping before, so he doesn’t miss out that much. And their parents did said that they can come back in the following time, so why bother bickering about this??)

Jinki let out a ‘tsk’ sound, rolling his eyes, but sighed afterwards. Well, the father is right. The bickering is childish anyway.

“Okay what do I miss?” Kibum came back, sitting down with two plate filled with wagyu. One for him, one for his family, just in case.

“that we need to be mature and forget all of this bickering so we can enjoy our vacation to the fullest, as quoted by our father.” Jinki replied, before going back to his food.

“What? Really?” Kibum raised his eyebrow and point to Jonghyun. “Him?”

“Yes, and please, this bickering is getting out of hand. We can come back to Japan sooner or later, so stop your shenanigans and eat your dinner.” The mother spoke up, ending the conversation, and thus, the table is back to normal.

Satisfied with the response, the mother sat back down, eating her meal while tending to the little brother next to her. The father, sensing the tense moment, decided to speak up to change the topic.

“Ooookay, so what’s the plan tomorrow? It’s our last day tomorrow.”

“Let’s go for a ride. Disneyland or something.” Minho suggested.

“But it’s not in Hokkaido, genius.” Kibum retorted.

“But there are some here, just not Disneyland.” Jonghyun speaks up, after a long silence.

“Yes, there are. We should do that.” Jinki nodded, agree with Minho’s idea.

“For the whole day?” the parents questioned, surprised. Youngsters these days, they sure are full of energy!

“Of course not, we are not that crazy. We are going to spend the morning there, and go somewhere else in the evening, maybe another place, to eat. Or to sit down and enjoy the day, or be something useful.” Kibum pursue his lips, thinking about his plan tomorrow.

“Oh okay. Your mother and I are going to head to the historic village. You can find us there, just in case.” Leetuk smiled, looking at his wife adoringly. The mother smiled and nudge her shoulder with his gently to return the affection.

The brothers smiled, before aiding their gaze towards their food instead.

“19 years and still, why does it feel disgusting?” Jonghyun mutter under his breath. Sometimes they wonder how they get conceive so early despite of their early years of marriage.

“Believe me, you don’t wanna know.” Jinki answered, like he had just read Jonghyun’s mind.

“19 years of marriage and the romance is still white hot.” Kibum commented, sipping on his green tea. The rest of the brothers nodded in agreement, before trying to finish their meal so they can head back to the hotel for a good rest.

Who knows what’s going to happen tomorrow…


A/N: Hey!!!! how are you!! i just got a new laptop, and i am swell to say that i can write without my laptop shutting down on me now! (unless it was out of battery) thank you for keep reading this story!! sometimes i am on my writer's block, and i hate dissapointing you guys with less updates! stay patient, stay calm and wait for the next okay??

xoxo