52: Plan Goes...

SHINee : Family Version

“Whoa!!” Jongin and Sungwoon strut inside the coffee shop, looking around excitedly. Taemin and Jimin followed, pointing to the other decoration around the coffee shop before stopping infront of the pastries, their eyes twinkling at the delicacies available.

“If this is what costs to make kids happy, then I would spend my money for them anytime,” Kibum smiled, watching over his little brother and his friends ogling at the desserts by the counter. Sooner or later they would be asking, so Kibum decided to step in and ask them to choose, or simply just get all because they are able to afford anything, given their status of wealth.

“This was way too easy. But I’m glad that our little brother is happier now.” Jonghyun nodded, surveying the menu list on the board plastered on top of the counter, looking at the choices of drinks that are suitable for kids.

“They are kids. They are still pure. So, it’s not that complicated,” Minho added, shrugging to himself while checking his backpack for his wallet. Jinki stopped the younger’s administrations, smiling to him and the rest.

“I’ll pay for all of us. Don’t worry.”

Jinki’s statement made all the older brothers, including Kibum who was not that far from them look up.

“We all know that’s a bull-“ Kibum coughed, glaring sternly at Jonghyun while pointing at the kids who are not far behind. Jonghyun rolled his eyes, re-arranging his words.

“We all know that is ridiculous, happy now?” Jonghyun smiled sarcastically to Kibum, which he earned a teasing smile from the younger.

“I am willing to buy food. Don’t ask me about other stuffs. Food is fine for me. And as long as they,” He pointed to the kids, still ogling at the desserts before continuing, “Are happy, I’m content. I feel like I haven’t been the best brother out of us so much. I feel embarrassed not knowing about how our baby brother was feeling all this time. Usually he’s the one who made us happy, his innocent mind and heart, I’m not able to understand that because I was too coped up with my own life problems.”

Minho, Jonghyun and Kibum stared at their older brother, before Taemin interrupt them by tugging Kibum’s jacket sleeve.

“Hyung! Hyung! Can we order now?”

Jinki break the silence by stepping next to Kibum, smiling at the kids.

“What do you want? Pick something. Hyung will buy it for all of you.”

Taemin’s reaction was as usual, He was used to his brother paying everything for him because he was not able to hold that big responsibility yet, but his friends suddenly turn into a shying mess because they were surprised of Taemin’s older brother offered to pay for them.

“We can pay. Eomma and appa gave money to us,” Jongin speaks up, with Jimin and Sungwoon nodding. They all have their pocket money given by their parents because of them wanting to spend time with their friends today.

Jinki patted Jongin’s head, acknowledging this one for being the outspoken one. More than being annoying, he was the bravest and move vocal about expressing his thoughts. While Sungwoon, as he remembered, was also vocal, but sometimes it depends to whom he was talking to. Only Jimin is as timid as ever, much similar to his younger brother, but still differs from each other.

“It’s okay, save that money to buy other things, maybe toys or snacks. Hyung will pay for you good kids. As long as you don’t argue with each other about meaningless stuff again and talk about it instead, okay?”

It was not subtle, but Jinki was never the one with subtlety most of the time.

The four kids nodded, looking at each other before Taemin breaks out into a huge smile, hugging his older brother’s torso. Jinki was surprised, but managed to catch himself before he embarrassed the whole crew of his sorry infront of the whole coffee shop.

“Thank you hyung,” Taemin murmured, before pulling away and pointing to the menu on the counter with drinks names all over it.

“Can we drink cool drinks like hyungs too?”

 

“Wow Hyung, since when did you get so deep?” Kibum started, sipping on his latte and raise his eyebrows at the oldest brother. Ever since of what happened couple of minutes before with the show that was given to the whole crew, Kibum was touched, but also weirded out by his hyung’s behavior.

“Since I was born.” Is what Jinki replied. Kibum was almost hurt because of that reply, but he dismissed the sarcasm.

“Very funny. I can hear the alpacas laughing all the way from Canada.”

“I thought alpacas are from Peru?” Jonghyun raises his eyebrow at his younger brother. Kibum stop to think about it for a while before shrugging.

“Whatever. They live everywhere anyway.”

“The point is, we haven’t seen you being so invested just like that couple of minutes earlier. It was endearing to watch, but it was also scary, given that our older brother suddenly being super-duper nice and handsome being the perfect son and all.” Jonghyun grinned, nudging Jinki’s shoulder with his playfully.

Jinki chuckled at his younger brothers’ behavior, proceeding to nudge back Jonghyun before sighing. He glances at his youngest brother with his friends. Thankfully that they sat at another table, claiming that they would be cooler if they did so, with being the hippest out of the other students in school.

Minho is tasked to take care of the photos, meaning he will be snapping photos every now and then on his phone and post it on their Instagram accounts or something. Then they will be the hippest of them all. Even then, he would also join in the conversation with his brothers, wanting to know what’s on their older brother’s mind.

“I’m contemplating on something,” Jinki started, catching their attention. Jonghyun froze from cutting over his chicken pot pie, Kibum froze from sipping his latte and Minho stopped from taking more photos of the little ones. All of them drop everything and focuses on their eldest brother.

“What is it?” all of them chorused together.

 

“Your hyungs are so cool!” Sungwoon repeated, glancing Taemin’s older brothers repeatedly, admiring each and every one of them. True to his friend’s words, his brothers are exceptionally dazzling and amazing in their eyes.

“I’m jealous. You got many hyungs to play with,” Jongin also added, twirling his straw in his strawberry sorbet smoothie of his, casually glancing at Taemin’s older brother Minho, who are sometimes taking photos of them for their sake.

“Let’s not fight again?” Jimin shyly change the topic, hoping that his friends would forget the past and focus on the present, just like what Taemin’s brother would have said. Jongin and Sungwoon look at each other before nodding, patting Taemin on their shoulder.

“You’re right! We should not fight. We can have sleepover later when Taemin is free.”

“Mama said that we can have our sleepover next week. Someone is coming over this week, that’s why she said we can’t,” Taemin explained. The other three nodded.

“Who is coming?” Jongin asks, curious.

Taemin shrugged. “I don’t know. Mama and Appa didn’t want to tell.”

“Maybe it’s one of those people on tv?”

Taemin raised his tiny eyebrow at his friend, before shaking his head.

“No, no tv. Mama and Appa hates that.”

“Then maybe a family. My eomma always said that it was family who is coming if they want to make a surprise!” Jimin added, hoping to ease Taemin’s curiosity, and theirs too.

Taemin smiled, nodding.

“Maybe!”

“Now, what are we going to bring to Taemin’s sleepover next week?” Jongin started, changing the topic so that Taemin would not be bothered by the surprise visit.

After hearing that, the other three chatted excitedly, thinking of fun games and activities that they can do, without even realizing that Taemin’s older brothers are chatting among themselves, their faces giving many expressions from the eldest’s topic.

 

Jinki burst through the front door, his feet moving quickly to the living room, where he knew his parents would be.

“Mama! Appa! I need to talk to you about something!”

The other brothers, including a happy and bubbly Taemin (coming out after a cool hangout with his friends) strutting together following the eldest because it’s a well-known fact that the Park brothers are always moving together no matter what.

But the older brothers stopped, eyes wide looking at what’s infront of them. Taemin almost bumped into Jonghyun’s legs if he didn’t pay attention enough. Taemin frowned before moving out of the way, wondering what makes his brothers stopped so sudden when he turn around, eyes wide and a big smile plastered on his cute face.

“Halmeoni! Haraboji!”


A/N: Now you know!!! some sneak peaks, maybe you knew, maybe you didn't, hihi.

xoxo