25 : Double in Trouble? 3

SHINee : Family Version

The eldest brothers noticed the difference in between the twins. While Minho was busy practicing for his match, Kibum was busy sulking and being moody. While Kibum was doing his best to ignore Minho at home, Minho was the one who was busy sulking, trying to get his twins’ attention. Both brothers knew that the twins were in the middle of the conflict since the day Minho ditched Kibum for his practices.

Dunno who’s fault is it at first, but it seems like one side is trying to push and the other is trying to pull.

Like a rubber band. Literally.

“hyung, don’t you think that it’s quite hot in here?” Jonghyun asked his brother out loud. Jinki look up from his math homework, the one that he’s been dying to solve, to his brother confusion.

“but it’s quite chilly in here?”

“exactly. One side is chilly, one side is hot. I think I’m burning here.” Jonghyun spared a small gaze towards the twins, all doing their own work, and sitting as far from each other as possible.

“oh.” Jinki gets it. Jonghyun nodded.

“now you get me.”

“hyung, why don’t you try and use your hyung voice on them? It worked on me before,”

“that’s because you were exploiting Taemin’s toy gun with paint as its bullet. That doesn’t count.” Jinki narrowed his eyes at Jonghyun. The younger grinned.

“I was curious! The gun can put up water in it, why not paint?”

“water is colourless, paint is colour, you idiot.” Jinki flip another page of his exercise book, trying to answer the next question and skipping the previous question.

Like the question is going to be solved itself…

“it was worth it. Now hyung, just try, please? You know how stubborn Kibum is and how gullible, err, I think, Minho is when they are fighting like this. We need peace, and harmony in this brotherhood!”

“just shut up and do your literature homework, Jonghyun.” Jinki muttered, already ignoring Jonghyun and pressed multiple buttons on his calculator to work on his calculations. This need to end now.

Jonghyun pouted. “and I’m the one who said that harmony and peace is important. You’re mean, hyung.”

“mmhm.”

 

“yah, Kibum, Minho. Why are you still fighting over this?” Jinki voiced out loud, startling both twins. Minho perked up from reading his book, and Kibum jumped a little bit from his position infront of his laptop. The big boss (of the brotherhood, the big real boss is actually you) has spoken. And they knew that when Jinki started to speak, their days of fighting is over.

But not to Kibum.

“fighting, what fighting?” Kibum answered, his eyes locked on the screen of his laptop. Minho spared a glance towards his twin’s behavior before shrugging at Jinki’s question.

Jinki sighed and sat on the couch that was seated opposite from theirs.

“stop being a brats and make up. We had enough drama in the house to save us till the lifetime.” He monitors both twins, wanting to see how both of the react to it. He could see Minho’s eyes faltering into dull, sadness and put his book down slowly, while Kibum’s eyes were as fierce as the fire, halting his movements infront of the laptop, but wouldn’t even dare to look up as he was afraid that he would burst.

Minho twiddled with his fingers for a moment before looking at his twin’s direction.

“I’m sorry Kibum.”

Well that was too late.

Kibum sat up straight, slamming the lid of his laptop down and throw the small book at his twin’s direction, which unfortunately, Minho couldn’t avoid from.

“you’re so stupid! How could you let me off just like that and be the victim here?!” he yelled, throwing the small pillow at Minho before packing his stuff. Jinki frowned, thankful for Jonghyun to be bringing Taemin inside his room to distract the little ones from coming out.

Minho frowned, advancing towards his twin before pulling him into his embrace, as tightly as possible. As strong as Kibum is, he was still no match for the Stronghold brothers a.k.a. Jinki nor Minho. All Kibum could do is struggling to freed himself from his hold.

“I’m sorry that I ditched you for football. I’m sorry that I ditched you at lunch. I’m sorry I ditched you after school.” Minho repeated his apologies like a mantra. At least Minho was being truthfully honest with his apologies.

“do you think it’s easy for me to forgive you just like that? yo-you just hurt me and broke our promises as a twin to stay together no matter what. That’s the rule number 1! What if it was me in this situation? Would you understand me better?!” Kibum sniffed, elbowing Minho in the stomach as hard as he could.

Minho, not expecting the jab, groaned in pain and released his hold, making Kibum free form his iron grip hold. But what he didn’t expect was that Minho crouching on the floor, like in real pain, clutching his stomach, on the exact area that Kibum had elbowed him with.

Jinki stood up and went to Minho, worried about his condition, and Kibum’s face fell immediately when Minho collapsed in his brother’s hold.

 

“you stupid brother.” Kibum muttered as he pat the cold cream on Minho’s stomach as carefully as he can. Minho grinned weakly as he proceed on with the plaster to stamp it on his stomach after Kibum was done.

Minho did fainted, of course. Not because of Kibum’s elbow, but because he got hit on the stomach by a small metal ball from another team’s player by accident during his practice session, and boiii, did it leaves a dent, and a mark, and a bruise on his stomach. He had hid it for a day from his mother (you) and the rest of the brothers until Jinki and Kibum finally find out.

“it was nothing now. I can breathe a little bit more with ease. It will heal in a couple of days.”

“that couple of days later would turn out to be your stupid match.” Kibum put the kit in the bag before cleaning the mess up. Jinki walk into the room as the same time as Kibum complained about his twin’s position before sitting down on Minho’s bed.

“I thought that you guys have already made up?”

“we did.” Kibum mumbled, storing the kit under Minho’s bed for easy access. Minho shrugged.

“then why do I hear Kibum’s usual mumbling about you being stupid?”

“because that’s what he is. Gullible and stupid.” Kibum rolled his eyes at Minho’s flustered expression.

“i-I’m not gullible and stupid!”

“yeah you do.” Kibum and Jinki retort. Jinki smiled and pat Minho’s knees, much like how their appa would always does to them.

“don’t let mama sees or heard about this. She will go ballistic again.”

“the injury, or the fight?” the twins asked, together.

“depends. Let’s keep this drama inside our brotherhood. And make peace, and harmony.”

“that’s what I just said before!” Jonghyun stride inside their room, smiling brightly to his hyung. Jinki bit his tongue before pushing him out from the room, with Jonghyun whining and other footsteps following which they can predict was Taemin’s following the brothers downstairs.

“so…” Kibum turn to Minho, raising his eyebrows at his other half.

“so…?” Kibum mocked.

“let’s play overwatch?”

“…. Fine. but I’m getting the first plays.”


AUTHOR NOTE:

heyy!!! i'm updating atleast once a week at this moment!!! hurray!! school has taken a toll on me, and plus, author-nim is having a fever so her head is on the clouds every single time she wanted to write, hahaha. thank you so so much for the new and old subbies that read this story and wait patiently for new chaps every single time. i hope it is worth it for you guys to follow this journey, i'm sorry that i update a bit late and what not. i'm so thankful that you guys still did read this!

now, the question of the day, 

what other things that you wanted to see from every characters from this story? best answer would be used in the next chapters, kinda like i'm taking request at the same time ^^

xoxo