34: Promises? Souvenirs?

SHINee : Family Version

“It’s just a short trip. No big deal. But I hope my parents could get me to go to the infamous ramen restaurant. I heard that it’s good.” Jinki chuckled, walking through the hallway with his best friend, Cha Hun. The trip to Japan that was discussed over with their parents’ days before is going to be a reality very, very soon. The parents have yet not discussed on where should they stayed over, because they need to ensure that the places are well sustainable according to the children’s’ need.

“Bring me some packet ramen when you come back. Or the weird candies they got there. I’m counting on you to do that because you still owe me for the butter cookies I got from England.” Cha Hun declared, nudging him slightly and squinted his eyes on his best friend.

Jinki made a ‘pfft’ sound over that, rolling his eyes to Cha Hun’s request.

“Fine. I know I still do. Just text me.”

“You’re like an old man, why do I have to remind you over something that you could easily remember?”

“Because people forget? Duh!” Jinki snickered, pulling his book up to his head to avoid Cha Hun’s steel fist, instead he got hit on his shoulder instead.

“Ouch! Hun!!”

 

“No requests, I’m going to Japan, not Paris.” Kibum snorted, leaning to the back while sipping on his bittersweet coffee. His friend snorted, flicking the crumbs that was left on his small plate to the male. Kibum tutted, dusting the crumbs away from him in elegance.

“It’s not like I haven’t been to Japan before. What is there to request? Gundam toys? Sakura tree? Hot springs?” Woohyun shrugged, twirling the straw in his iced coffee, bored. They had to wait for little Taemin to finish his schooling so they can get to the bus together. Minho was not able to go back with them due to his practice, again. But it’s fine because Woohyun, Kibum’s best friend was in dire need to use the public transport because his car was admitted to the repair shop for some minor fixing. It’s not the first time for Woohyun to have met Kibum’s younger brother, due to the past incident, but little Taemin does not know that.

“Gundam toys? What are you, 8?”

“It’s a collective toys? Ever heard of that? It’s not like mangas, you get to display that on your rack proudly and tell people that you own some so they can drool over your whole collection!” Woohyun cheerfully explained, palms under his chin, sighing dreamily at his Gundam collection back home.

Kibum rolled his eyes at that. He could not understand how someone as Woohyun can befriended someone like Kibum. They totally did not have the same interest! Well somehow…

“Fine. I’ll find the newest collection for you and get it for you. Happy now?” Kibum grumbled. Woohyun smiled widely and saluted his best friend with his two fingers.

“Thank you~ I’ll be ready with the money when you come back with the package~” Woohyun sang along, winking at Kibum cheekily. Kibum sighed and face palmed himself in the face. Sometimes he does wonder why he was friends with this guy again…

 

“Are you going to move houses?” Sungwoon pouted, biting the straw to his grapefruit juice box. Jongin and Jimin also nodded, pouting. They had heard about how one of their best friend is going away for a while, and they thought the worse.

Little Taemin put his bag down and shake his hands to his best friends, denying that.

“No! No! Mama and Appa said it’s a vacation! We are not moving houses!”

“But why so far? Just go to my grandfather’s farm. It’s nearer.” Sungwoon chew on his straw, still not satisfied with little Taemin’s answer.

“Where will you go there? Is it cold there? Or is it hot?” Jimin asked, hugging his bag to his chest and rocking it back and forth, a habit of his.

“I don’t know. Mama said it is beautiful. Appa said that we get to see weird food. I think.” Little Taemin scrunched his nose at that thought. What is the weird food? Big jellies? Big cookies?

“Don’t forget to come back to school! Don’t go for too long or you would want to stay there!” Jongin advised, hoping for his best friend to not lose his mind over there.

“I’m not! I’ll come back and bring snacks and candies for you guys!”

“Deal!”

 

“A couple of days? You’ll miss some of the important announcements about the league on that days. Can you cope with that?” the captain, Taekwoon reminded. Minho nodded, having said to miss those because he is going to Japan with his family for a vacation together.

“hyung can text me the details or anything so that I’ll know what I have to do. I can’t back out from the vacation. It’s a family thing.”

“Okay, but better bring me something back from Japan, or you’ll be kicked out from the team.” Taekwoon joked, handing him the ball and went to his bench to grab his own water bottle. Minho chuckled. Even though they are only a year apart, Minho is very much the captain’s best friend. They had no trouble with the or anything, no seniorities.

But Minho does benefitted himself becoming friends with the older male, which is being crowned as the star player because Taekwoon had remarkable eyes on talented people.

“Ahh hyung, you wouldn’t do that. I’ll get a super special gift for you when I got back. As a thank you for your help all these years.” Minho sat next to him, putting the ball down and stretching his legs all together.

“Don’t bother. I was just joking. But be careful not to get yourself injured over there. I can’t risk my star player to hurt himself. How am I going to ball without you?” Taekwoon smiled, ruffling Minho’s hair and chuckling to Minho’s reaction of puffing his cheek over messing his hair.

“hyung, my hair!”

Taekwoon stopped, laughing slightly at his pouting best friend.

“It’s not even messed up, kiddo. Don’t worry, you’re pretty much handsome already, you’re a celebrity’s kid.”

“Aye, you’re handsome too, hyung. We can’t argue over who’s more handsome. It will took us forever.”

“I won’t. Now let’s ball and win the next league!”

 

“Oh. Okay.”

Jonghyun pouted. “Do you not miss your favourite hyung?”

“I do, but you’re going to come back anyway.” Daniel shrugged, fixing his glasses so he can take a look at his text book, reading over how World War 1 was different from World War 2.

“But I’m going for a few days! And who are you going to talk about singing when I’m not here for a few days?”

“I can text to you about it hyung, don’t fret.”

“Yah! Is this how you treat your favourite hyung?” Jonghyun sling his arm over the younger’s neck, put his on a hold and mess his hair. Daniel laughed over this and tried to free himself from Jonghyun’s hold without making a scene. Fortunately, Jonghyun did.

“I’m sorry! But I’ll miss you hyung! Don’t worry! I’m just joking!” Daniel grinned. Jonghyun sighed dramatically over this. It has to be over violence, Jonghyun is so tired over this. But he still loves the younger anyway.

“When are you leaving?” Daniel finally putting his book down, much to Jonghyun’s satisfaction.

“Soon, I guess, my parents are dealing with it. It’s going to be a relaxing vacation, I wanted to go to hot springs again!”

“Ohhh, the miracle water and salt and all that stuff?” Daniel tap his chin, thinking about the secrets behind hot spring.

“Kinda? I’ll get that for you so you can make it yourself at home.”

“Maybe you’ll come back and sing on stage better than being behind the curtains, yes?”

“…Yah!”


A/N: can you name all the cameo appearances made in this chapter? i hope you do ^^  i need to learn more about Japan to post next chapters, although some of it will be short parts because something big is coming??? idk. heh. typing early in the morning does not help!

xoxo