55: The Aftermath? 2

SHINee : Family Version

Taemin came to school with smiles on his face. He was so excited, and he couldn’t wait to tell his friends of the exciting news.

When he sees his friends, he immediately greets them, placing his bag and sat down, turning to his friends who already had his attention as they greeted him.

“Why are you so happy this morning?” Jimin asks, curious of the sight of Taemin skipping inside the classroom. It must be good news, he thought to himself.

“I’m going to be a big brother!” Taemin cheered.

The other digested the information at first, before cheering with him, congratulating him.

“How did you know?”

“Is it a brother or sister?”

“Your parents have a stork?”

The last question was undoubtedly asked by the cute, chubby Jimin, because he had heard of his older brother mentioning about stork bringing him to his parents…

Taemin giggled, shaking his head. “No. Mama and Appa made them together. I don’t know how, but Mama said that I’m too young to know how.”

“Ah…” Jimin nodded. Taemin turned to the other two, who are patiently waiting.

“Mama and Appa told us last week. Halmeoni and Haraboji came to our house!”

“I told you it’s going to be family.” Jimin swelled with pride. He seems like to be the character in that superhero movie, where he can predict the future. Jongin and Sungwoon shrugged, congratulating him for knowing, but more interested in knowing about Taemin’s family news.

“So… are you going to have a brother or sister?” Jongin asks, desperate to know.

Taemin shrugged. “They said it was too early. Maybe in two months?”

“Why two months?” Sungwoon perks up, confused.

“Because baby is not debeloping yet. Mama said that the baby is so tiny right now.”

The other 3 chorused and ‘ooh’ all together.

“That is so fun, I wish I have brother or sister too…” Jongin muttered, wondering to himself to how his life would be if he has someone younger to tend to.

“Me too! We can play together! I can share my toys with the baby!” Jimin second the idea. He would love that to happen too.

While Sungwoon nodded, grinning. “I would be the big, bad brother that can protect the baby from bully!”

The other three agrees, chatting about how fun it would be to have a little sibling in the house. As they are the youngest among the siblings now.

Jongin have 2 older sisters.

Sungwoon have 1 older sister.

Jimin have 1 older brother.

And Taemin? Well, he has 4 older brothers.

But with Taemin breaking the streak now, he would be the one getting the best of both worlds.

The perks of having a big family.

“I wonder how your appa and mama going to play with you when the baby comes?” Sungwoon asks, picking the pieces of his shaved pencil with his fingernails.

Taemin pursued his lips cutely, thinking.

“I don’t know. Does baby takes a lot of attention?”

Jongin nodded. “Yeah. My noona told me before that when I was born, eomma and appa would always be busy taking care of me. She doesn’t get to play with them much…”

Taemin pouted. As much as he wanted the baby, he wouldn’t want appa and mama to not pay attention to him any less. Maybe having the baby is a bad idea…

But Jimin pat his back, smiling. “You got 4 best big brothers! The can play with you while your eomma and appa takes care of the baby! They are small, after all and need a lot of care!”

Taemin cracked a smile, nodding. His doubts still linger inside him, but Sungwoon opened up.

“Jimin is right! That’s why having noona or hyung is awesome! They can play with us! They will help us too! My noona always bring cake home!”

“My noona would help me with my homework! And teach me how to draw!” Jongin added excitedly.

“My hyung would always give me piggyback rides! And take pictures a lot with me!” Jimin seconded the thought.

Taemin giggled. His friends are so supporting, but they are right. He shouldn’t be sad and be prepared for the new baby!

“I hope the hyungs are happy with it too!”

“Why?” the other three chorused together, confused. Taemin was about to answer it, but the teacher had entered, prompting them to sit down in their place and took out his books. But Taemin still turn his back to the teacher and whispered to his friends.

“because they didn’t show that they are happy about having a baby,”

Their friends tried to think of a reason behind it, but they shrugged, helplessly.

“Maybe after school you can ask him?” Jongin suggesting in a whisper. Taemin glance back to his teacher before nodding to Jongin, and off they go with another lesson for today.


A/N: Here you go for the next chapter!

I have to make an announcement, Right now I'm starting to go through the assignment submission weeks in school, so I would not be able to upload on time or weekly, like what I'm supposed to do before. It will not be long, hopefully! I'm still writing, just in my computer. So I hope you guys can be patiently waiting for the next update. It's not a hiatus tho, not at all. Just a heads up for you guys about my current status rn.

Enjoy Reading!

And Happy 2019!

xoxo