Second Born

SHINee : Family Version

2. Park Jonghyun


The second born. You and Leetuk would have expected to get boy again this time, or maybe all of your kids would be boys, if can. Thinking that Jinki would be lonely being the only child (and of course, he need to mingle around and know what responsibility is) so Jonghyun was born.

Park Jonghyun.

The melodrama kid.

If Jinki followed Leetuk to be all wise and stuff, you could say that the second one resembles him in terms of his career.

Jonghyun loves music.

The first time that Leetuk had taught him on how to play the guitar, he would get so interested with it and practiced until his fingers hurt. It would take you to kiss the boo boos away, but really, you would just take the guitar away and scolded Leetuk for that, which the latter would laugh and make up to you on that later on that night.

Ehem. Moving on…

Jonghyun mastered his musical abilities quicker than anyone else. If Jinki lives and dies for food, Jonghyun would live and die for music. He would occupy himself with any musical instruments that he could reach, and would always listen to his father’s group album. From the debut to the new single. And he always tries to belt out that high note that he claimed ‘Uncle Heechul’s high note’ whenever he can. He sings in the shower, while waiting to prep up for school, when going to school, and even doing business in the bathroom, if you’re not that creeped out yet.

The highlight of his day was when he was able to follow his father to work day. He would get so excited and nervous, and he would always look around, watching everything. He even tried to pose to be like one of those idols that he had found, the one that had the same name as him. Shining or something that group name was.

His eyes are glittering, watching everything and observing. When his father’s group member, Uncle Henry, offered to teach him music, Jonghyun would nod as fast as a bird. He would spend so much time until when it was time to go home, Jonghyun would plead for his father to let him have 5 more minutes.

And how could Leetuk says no to his son?

When he get home, he would be all smiley, and then showed to his eldest brother about his achievements on the learning. Jinki would just nod and asked him to play him something, because he was interested in it. Like it or not, Jinki is Leetuk’s too, so that music would run through his blood too.

“what did he learn from there?” you asked your husband after both boys have gone to sleep.

“Henry taught him music. That’s why.”

You’re still blaming him for his genes.

“do you think he can train to be an idol sooner or later on?”

You gape and turn to your husband.

Yep, still blaming him for that.