31: What a Day!

SHINee : Family Version

Four boys dragging their feet into the house, all tired and worn out. It started on one morning where everyone was late. You, the mother, slept in through the alarm, unable to wake up the four angels who are obviously oblivious of the fact that no one would woke them up. Your husband, Leeteuk, thankfully made home just in time to wake everyone up before the boys were really late for school.

One word.

Chaos.

Everyone was running around, prepping themselves up for a quick shower before putting on their school uniform as fast as they could and zoom out from their rooms to the front door. There is no time for a relaxing breakfast because time is not on their side, even Little Taemin knew better than to whine for his lunch boxes.

Good thing that Leeteuk had the car on at that moment, feeling something was wrong that day. He hoped that his wife (you, of course) wouldn’t kill him for speeding through multiple destinations today.

Their father gave them money, even having to instruct Little Taemin to use his pocket money as wise as he could (Leeteuk hoped that it was worth it giving 100,000KRW to his youngest, but he does not have spare change for the youngest, he had to put some trust on him today)

And off they go to school…

After hours later, all of them took the cab together (accumulating their money from the pocket money earned earlier) because they are simply too tired to walk and wait for the bus as usual (Jinki and Jonghyun), or walk home because it’s healthy (a.k.a. Minho and Kibum)

They even went to the youngest’ school to pick Taemin up before going back together as 5. The youngest was not even complaining about it, keeping quiet along the way, not being cheery as always.

They took their steps into their home, and weakly move over to the couches and drop their bags in the corner of it before plopping down on the cozy couches and let out a sigh of content.

Home sweet home is what they all thought about.

All brothers are too tired to speak to each other, moving their bodies so that they can cuddle into the couches without any words spoken.

Jinki had to deal with his exam results and his placement for his next subject for his next year in school, he had to make sure that his name was not getting mixed up with another Jinki that was a senior, although their last names are different, the school administrations would always forgot about that and mixed them up so both Jinkis had to go through every paperwork one by one.

Jonghyun had to deal with an essay that he was supposed to bring in today, but he had forgotten about it (the chaos in the morning) so he had to crack his mind and re-write the whole 5000 words essay again for an hour before the class ends. Thinking about how to write 5000 words essay is just crazy, Jonghyun repeatedly bang his head to the desk because of an error to his own mind.

Minho was pressured into going all out in gym class this morning, getting a punishment for not bringing his gym outfits (it’s on his drawer, but he forgot about it) by the gym teacher and had to run in his school uniform in his football practices. He was not the team captain, but he is the star player, and when the star player had his rough day, he got the same treatment as anyone else in the team nevertheless. Imagine the humiliation…

Kibum was given a task to check every single students’ homework and mark them as a punishment for being late to this one particular class that was held by a strict teacher. He thought that it was easy, until he came across a realization that he needed to mark every single students’ homework of his grade. It that was not the worst, he was not given an answer sheet for the answers to the homework given because the teacher thought Kibum would leaked them later on.

Taemin had also been given a punishment for his tardiness this morning. On top of that, he had brought an empty bag, without his books and stationaries like always because he had forgotten to pack his bags last night. He was sent straight to the corner, without going outside for a recess and had to eat in class. His mood changes badly on that day, not even his friends could help that.

“kids! You’re home!” all heads snapped to the voice of their father coming inside the room. They groaned, too tired to respond to their own father.

Luckily, Leetuk understands it was because of the chaos this morning.

“aigoo, it’s not work life yet and you guys are already planted on the sofa. What are we going to do with you when appa and mama are going to tell you something?”

That made their attention perked up quickly.

“telling us what?” Jinki slurred, too tired, but still wanting to know what is happening.

Leetuk smiled.

“we’re going on a short trip to Japan!” Leetuk excitedly announced, hoping to get an excited expressions from the kids due to the love of travelling between them.

But all he get was an enthusiastic ‘yay!’ from four of them. That made Leetuk pouted.

“yah, was it not fun to you guys?”

“it’s not that…” Minho mumbled.

“tell us during dinner…” Kibum continued.

“and then we will be excited…” Jonghyun almost snored while saying that.

“we’ll be taking our naps now.” Jinki nodded.

Then all 4 of them laid flat, dozing to dreamland with their father, perplexed at their reaction.


A/N: HEY HO! IT'S AUTHOR'S BIRTHDAY TODAY, SO LIKE I'M VERY HAPPY TO UPDATE TODAY! HEHEEE, AND PLUS, THE OVERWHELMING SUPPORT AND SUBS I GOT FROM YOU GUYS, LIKE WHUT... I WAS NOT HERE FOR ALMOST A WEEK AND THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE DISCOVERING THIS STORY, I'M GONNA CRY, FOR REAL!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS STORY! SORRY FOR THE CAPS LOCK, I'M TOUCHED AND HONOURED FOR REAL!

p/s: what are great places in Japan that you would want me to include in this story? i'm sorry, i never been to Japan, but it's on the plot, i'll tell you why in the next chapter. suggest me some? 

THANK YOU!

XOXO