22 : Clarifications! (Filler chapter)

SHINee : Family Version

“oh, what a pleasant surprise!”

The brothers smiled proudly at their mother gaping at the parents’ room. It was like a hotel room. Well, their room, the least. Their father smiled proudly and put their suitcases inside, before looking around the room, even looking at the decorations on the bed.

“jagi, come here and see.” The mother walks in and stand to where the father is, looking at the simple towel decoration that was shaped into a heart on the end of the bed, like what hotel rooms used to do for honeymoon package.

“it’s beautiful. And is this,” you sniff through the air. “lavender?”

“scented candles so that the room would smell nicely, Better than before!” Kibum grinned, satisfied of his parents’ reaction towards the room. The rest of the brothers, too watch their parents look around their room in glee and amazement.

“mama appa like it?” Taemin ask, looking as innocently as he is. Leetuk pick him up and settle him on his hip, smiling softly at him.

“we do love it. Now let’s look into you guys room to make sure that it’s not just us who have the good room.” He walk out, with the rest following him except Kibum. He watched as his mother opening the suitcase and pull out the remaining clean clothes to be put back inside the wardrobe.

You turn around to see the another twin brother waiting patiently, as if to say something.

“what can I help you, baby?”

“do you or do you not agreed to go to Japan for SHINee’s promotion?” Kibum crossed his arms to his chest, waiting for the answer. You put the clothes down and stood up, crossing your arms to your chest, mirroring his actions.

“is this what this is all about? To distract me from work?”

Kibum scrunched his perfectly chiseled face.

“you’re good.”

“I’m your mother. Of course I am.”

“then was it good to leave us all during the Japan promotions, if you are willing to go?”

You sighed as you uncrossed your arms to walk to your son, hugging him to you. Among all the children, he’s the one who spoke out of his mind a lot, not afraid of telling the truth.

“Kibum, honey, sometimes in work, we need to be professionals, and that is what I’m trying to do right now. You’ll understand it later when you have a job in the future.”

“to be a manager? No thanks. I’ll prefer to stick to what I do best.”

You kissed his cheek and smiled.

“that’s my boy.”

“but seriously, you’re going to Japan?”

You pulled away and raised an eyebrow at him. “are we still on this topic?”

“are we still going to continue this topic?” Kibum raised his eyebrows at you, mirroring you now.

“if you noticed, SHINee is already at Japan. It’s all in the social media?” you chuckled and walk to the wardrobe, continuing to pack. Kibum gasped and brought his phone from his jeans pocket and unlocked his phone to go through social media. He looks at you and then the phone simultaneously.

“WHAT?”

“I told you. Be a professional.”

“no, mama, they were supposed to go next week!”

“SM bumped up their schedule for a fan meeting next week. So they only have a week to promote in Japan before coming back to make it to the fan meeting next week. By the way, how do you know about their schedule?”

Kibum smiled and shrugged. “fan sites?” he scratched behind his ear and laugh nervously. You pursued your lip and rolled your eyes at him.

“you know, you can’t lie that well, baby. I’m sure it’s one of your uncles…” you let out a ‘humph’ before continuing to pack. But Kibum grinned before going to you and place a kiss on your cheek before pulling away.

“love you, mama!” he dash out of the room, getting ready to tell the rest about the good news. You smiled.

“kids.”