65: In the Hospital

SHINee : Family Version

Jinki and Jonghyun walk through the halls, getting the dearest sick brother of his own sparkling water from the nearest mini mart. Since they have broken his ankles, they are bound to be Minho’s slaves until he could walk on his own, which took weeks.

But then again, they could not complain. They’re the ones at fault in the first place.

“How long do we have to do this again?” Jonghyun hand Minho his sparkling water, the younger thanked him and eagerly consume it before resuming to his homework.

“Until he’s better. Shouldn’t you be off from school?” Jinki replies, watching Minho diligently skimming through his notes, pencil tapping on his notes.

“I am. But homework is homework. I still need to take the tests, or else I’ll fail,” Minho mumbled, circling through some questions and sentences that he could not understand. He would ask his girlfriend to teach him, but she went home, with promises to come back tomorrow after school as usual.

Jonghyun roll his eyes and make a fart noise with his mouth.

“Boring! What’s the point of being sick but still have to study for a test? It’s a luxury to be able to not go to school!”

Jinki sat down and grab Minho’s sparkling water, drinking some of it, claiming the plain water served by the hospital tastes like medicine instead of plain water.

Minho look up from his notes, scrutinizing the said brother with an annoyed expression.

“Would you like to trade place in me? I think they can cut your leg and transferred to mine, but I forgot that we have an obvious height difference, so I rather not.”

Jinki spluttered over the water, coughing and laughing at the same time while Jonghyun just gaped at him in disbelief.

“I-I...” Jonghyun was speechless.

Minho smirked before putting his head down and continue reading through his notes like nothing happened. Jinki sat up straight, putting the bottle on the bedside table and give a sympathetic glance at his younger brother.

“I’m so sorry, Jjongie. I can’t help you with that. Go get an ice coffee or something from the vending machine. It’ll make you better. Hopefully.”

 

Minho was bored.

He had spent his time laying on the bed, watching tv and scrolling through his phone, reading through his notes, memorizing them, even took a couple of nap before he couldn’t even do so anymore.

His body is aching to move.

Being someone who is active all the time, especially during football season, he could not just sit down and do nothing without moving his body around. He tried napping again for the countless times, but avail.

He groaned in frustration, looking at his bandaged ankle on the other side of the bed. He’s stuck with this for a couple of weeks, yet a few days could make him go crazy.

His brothers are at school, his parents are at work and will be visiting him later on, so Minho is alone to fend for himself within the care of nurses and doctors nearby. He glances around the hospital room, a premium luxury hospital room that was designated for rich people who wanted a privacy of their own, or someone who could afford to be secluded from other annoying screaming patients.

Sometimes he wishes to be put within the same room with other patients so that he wouldn’t have to drown his thoughts alone.

He proceeds to sit up on the bed pushing the buttons on the remote control to switch the channels, bored out of his mind. He needed something beyond interesting to make sure that he could still pay attention and be sane by the end of his recovery period.

And then he stopped at one particular channel.

It was another drama showing, but this time it’s not romantic comedy. It’s about doctors operating their patient. Minho lay back down on the mattress, watching intently of the procedure, and what happened, even taking notes of the small details at the corner of the screen telling their audience of what kind of procedure that they were doing at the moment.

It was something that Minho liked.

Minho didn’t tell anyone ever about his dream careers.

Yes, Minho wanted to become a doctor.

Not a sport therapist or anything related to his love for sport, but just a plain doctor.

It’s not something that people would have thought about it. Most people would think that Minho would end up being a national athlete, an idol or a model even. He got all the goods from his parents, and he currently hold the place as the best-looking brother out of his brothers, as voted by the students and his brothers, in terms of physical development.

So, it’s understandable that people would be rooting for Minho to go on a career path that is more suitable to what he’s doing right now.

But would that make him blink twice? Yes. But does that change his mind? No.

Until he was sure that he could not get to be one, he’s going to try, hence the intense studying he did when he’s not focusing on his football club.

“Excuse me, it’s breakfast time,” a voice snapped him out of his reverie, turning his head towards the incoming nurse with a tray on her hands. Sitting himself up, he thanked the nurse before taking his spoon, say a little prayer before starting to eat, eyes never leaving the tv, no matter how gory the scene was.

The nurse, noticing what was happened on the tv, chuckled knowingly before going back out, giving the time for the younger teen to eat.

And that leaves Minho alone with his goals and dreams, where someday he would achieve it.


A/N: Hi!! sorry for the late update! been busy with school! it was hectic! and then found out that we reached 90 subs for this story! wow! Thanks alot!!! I thought people would just unsub from this cause I know sometimes we can be impatient for updates, but please do understand authors have their own life outside this website, so any support is just something that is grateful for any of the authors. 

Expect the next chapter soon!

xoxo