61: Kibum's Valentine's

SHINee : Family Version

“Watch out for the small crabs! They’re precious!” you pestered, pushing Kibum slightly so that he wouldn’t step on some stray crabs walking around trying to find shelter. It was so cute to see all flustered Kibum dodging the small, almost non-existent crabs crawling around him.

After a quite some time, he gave up, hoping for the best for the crabs and just walk through the sand, his slippers making the crunching noise on the surface.

Dragging you in his hand, although you protested about how the little crabs would be endangered, he didn’t want to bother about it anymore.

“those crabs lived for thousand of years trying to avoid us from stepping on them. They would be fine.” Kibum answered, pulling you close to him and pester for you to not think about the crabs anymore.

The idea of spending the Valentine’s Day at the beach, being away from the other couples nearby who are busy occupying the nearby cafes and malls is a much better choice- with the occasional avoiding the little crabs.

There are other couples who seemed to be invested in his idea too, but not many would want to celebrate this special day under a medium-scorching-heat.

“I’m so glad I didn’t do the double date thing with my twin brother.”

You glance up at him, grinning at his own monologue. Sometimes Kibum have the habit of talking to himself and he wouldn’t notice it unless you pointed it out.

It was, sometimes he would compliment on you absent-mindedly, get you all blush to the core and he wouldn’t even realize it.

“Why not? I think he would want the support of getting to confess to his crush today from us. I mean, you’re the one who has all the experience.”

Kibum makes a face, stopping his walk and turn around, facing you.

“That boy could even show up in mud and girls still would flock to him like bees. He will be fine. And he will thank me later. I’m the one who gave the date suggestions to him, so I hope he didn’t mess it up.”

You gasped playfully. “And yet you’re the younger twin? How outrageous!”

Kibum playfully glare at your sarcastic comments, placing both of his palms on your both of your sides of the face and squeeze your cheeks tight, making you squeal in laughter trying to escape from his grip.

Kibum giggled, leaning down to give you a peck, and another before he pulls away, holding both of your hands together in his. It was romantic, your boyfriend looks absolutely divine and majestic.

Even the hot weather would not do him justice in his attempts to be romantic today.

“Jagi, thank you for being here with me today.” He started, smiling softly at you.

You mirrored his movements, swinging your hands together gently, your heart fluttering inside your body.

“We don’t have to go all out today, but yet you still did. I enjoyed our time together today. So… thank you too...?”

Kibum chuckled, leaning down and pressing his forehead with yours. You stared into his eyes for a couple of minutes, before blurting out confidently.

“I love you.”

He was taken aback, not expecting that to come out. You bit your lip, knowing that maybe it was too early to tell, but you are so sure that you loved him.

“Yah! Why did you say it first! I want to say it first!”

You let out a sigh of relief, laughing at his flustered face. For once, you beat him into something, and it was funny to see his reactions afterwards.

“I don’t care, I love you!” you pull away, running away from him giggling. He called after you, and you knew he was not far behind with the sound of his footsteps catching up to you.

Not long before you could turn your head to the back and for some more, he had already reached out and trap you into his arms. You tried wiggling your way out but laughed as he peppered kisses on your shoulder, trying to distract you.

When you’re stopped doing so, he turns you around, holding you close to his chest and captured your lips in his, giving you a long, romantic kiss. It was amazing. The butterflies are crazy, the distance between both of you are inseparable.

You closed your eyes and enjoyed it for a moment before he pulls away, his forehead resting on yours, pausing to catch his breath.

You knew that he needed some time to prepare, but you didn’t expect for him to smile at you like how sun blinds you from looking at it.

“I love you too. So much. Happy Valentine’s Day, jagi.”

You smiled, hugging him, with him swaying from side to side, already can’t wait for the days ahead of this relationship.

Because both of you love each other and that’s what it matters now.