62: Taemin's Valentine's

SHINee : Family Version

Little Taemin held onto his mother’s hand, walking around the grocery store. It was the time of the week where his mother is buying food and other items for the household, and Taemin, being the mama’s boy, decided to follow his mother around today.

His older brothers are missing for the day, and he couldn’t grasp why. But his mother told him that his older brothers are spending their time with their special friends, which Taemin assumed for them to be girlfriends.

Little Taemin is innocent, but not too much of an innocent to know that his brothers are seeing their someone special. And yet his mother had already told him that it was Valentine’s Day today, as his friend Sungwoon said, “Cooties day”.

“Taemin, can you hold this cart for me, Mama needs to pick this call.” His mother gave him the responsibility of holding the cart, and Taemin was ecstatic while his mother muttered into the phone, possibly because of work.

But he decided to play around, pretending the cart is the race car figure that he watched a couple of times on tv with his family back at home. He swirls around the cart absent-mindedly, forgetting that he was in the store when the cart bumped into something, thus getting him back into the reality.

He heard cries, and he immediately emerges from the back to see a girl, within the same age as his older brothers on the floor, holding her hips as she muttered a few words before grabbing the fallen items on the floor back to her decorative basket.

“I’m sorry for causing a mistake,” Taemin bowed slightly, remembering what his older brothers had taught him whenever he had made a mistake to apologized in a polite way.

You, the girl whom this little cute boy had bumped into noticed the guilty face of the cute boy apologizing, didn’t know that he would be so polite by the choice of his words.

“It’s okay, Noona is not that hurt. Look, Noona is okay.” You showed him no sign of injuries, which you noticed the little boy look over before nodding, fingers fidgeting with each other, still guilty of what happened.

You crouch next to him, ruffling his hair slightly. The little boy is so cute that you feel like you just wanted to bit into his cheeks, but that would be considered cannibalism and death sentences by his parents.

“It’s okay, Noona is fine. For real. What is your name?”

“Taemin. Noona is really okay?” Taemin answered, pouting at the memory of being careless. If he didn’t play around, he would have avoided this. His poor, innocent heart couldn’t handle of hurting many.

“Yes, Noona is okay. I tell you what,” you pull out a small, blooming rose and place it on his fidgeting fingers. Taemin grasped the flower in his hand, looking back to you in confusion.

“Noona is supposed to give this to people today. It’s Valentine’s Day, you do know that?” Taemin nodded, understanding what you have said and look at the rose, seeing all the fine details and the absent of the thorns, which is gladly for little kids like him to not be playing around with such a wonderful yet deadly flower.

“Noona works at flower shop?”

You nodded. “Just next to this grocery store. It’s free, so you don’t have to pay for any. Just don’t forget to tell your parents about how they should love and cherish each other today and forever, okay?”

Taemin nodded.

“Happy Valentine’s Day to you too, Taeminnie. We’ll see each other around okay?”

You bid farewell to him, before walking around and handing the roses to another people and wishing for the same for them. Taemin’s eyes followed your figure, his cheeks flushing at the nickname that you used on him. His family are the only ones who called him that, and yet you managed to figure it out and make his tiny heart flutter.

“Alright, let’s go Tae baby.” His mother appeared next to him, crouching down slightly and swiping stray hairs that fallen into his face. His mother noticed the rose, and smiled.

“Did someone give you a rose?”

Taemin nodded. He looks at the rose, before looking at his mother.

“Mama, I want to buy flowers!”

Little Taemin drag his mother back to the stores after putting the grocery bags inside the car. His mother giggled and followed him as Taemin keep on tugging his mother’s hand to walk faster to the flower shop, hoping to find you in it.

He remembered that you told him the shop was right next to the grocery store, and yes, he found it. He pushes the door open, the door hit the bell, ringing through the small store.

“Welcome!” your voice greets them, making little Taemin smile. You emerge from the counter, wearing a soft pink apron that looks cute on you, on regards of this day.

“Noona! I want to buy flowers!” Taemin exclaimed excitedly, making you smile. You greeted his mother, which smiled unknowingly at you and figured out the reason to why Taemin is so excited about pursuing this.

“Really? What kind of flowers are you specifically looking for?” you politely answered, looking back and forth between the mother and the son.

“Why don’t you pick, baby? Mama’s gonna look through the store to find flowers for your Appa.” The mother suggested, slightly nudging her son’s back towards the florist.

Taemin blushed, but nodded, following you throughout the store, being introduced to different kinds of flowers. You were also patient in teaching him the language of flowers, the colours and the occasion for it, with Taemin listening to it intently.

“Which one that you liked the most?” after a couple of minutes of coaching the little guy, you crouched down and asked him that, hoping that he would know what he wanted.

Taemin immediately pointed to the white and purple patterned orchids, looking at you with the cute smile of his. You nodded, amused at his rare choice of flowers. Usually people would look for the basic flowers such as roses, daisies, lily and even chrysanthemum, not much people would go for orchids.

“why is that?”

“Because orchids are precious. It’s not the prettiest or smell the best, but it’s pretty to me. I think it’s special.” If you could coo at this child, you would everyday. He’s such an innocent patootie.

“You’re so cute, Taeminnie. Would you want to buy orchids? Are there any other flowers that you would want to buy next?” you checked the fresh batch of flowers, noting some of them to be given to him.

Taemin nodded, looking at white lilies, pointing to it.

“Oh, are you planning to give this to someone special?” you smiled, picking a couple of white lilies for him. With a cute, pretty boy like him, he would have plenty of crushes around his age.

He fidgets with his fingers, looking up shyly at you.

“It’s for you, Noona.”

You widened your eyes slightly, a little taken aback from his comment.

“For… me?”

Taemin nodded. He grinned slightly, feeling confident this time.

“Noona is pretty and special. I want to give this to Noona.” He finished this off with a grin. You place a hand on your cheek, feeling slightly flushed. This is the first time a little boy compliments you, a cute one at that matter. And he even bought you flowers to give it to you.

You crouch down, smiling at him. Taemin puffed his chest, feeling proud of his skills when he managed to make you smile.

“Thank you Taeminnie! I would cherish this flower well!” and then you give a small kiss to his cheek, almost startling the kid.

Taemin’s heart went crazy, but he recovered quickly, grinning up to you.

“Happy Valentine’s Day, Noona!”

 


A/N: Happy Valentine's Day! Vote for your favourite special chapter in the poll below!