51: Plan ~2~

SHINee : Family Version

“Come on appa, what’s with the secret guests and all that stuff? What’s the special occasion? It couldn’t be that important, right?” Jonghyun says, dragging his leg on the floor, following his father walking around the store. Jinki was not that far behind, busy with his phone, texting his friends maybe.

“Jonghyun, you just have to wait. You don’t want to anger mama if she finds out about your interrogation system,” His father answered, looking through the pretty looking snow globes around the shop before turning towards the other items on the racks behind them.

Well, it’s not like their father wouldn’t discover about their behavior of interrogation for information. Usually it was fine, but this time it was important.

“Okay fine, but just tell us, is the guests that important?” Jonghyun still not giving up.

The father shrugged.

“Kinda. But it’s going to be a happy occasion. You boys need to learn how to be patient.”

“Being patient? Appa, isn’t it just better to just tell us what is going on this weekend? It’s not like that we’re going to Instagram or tweet this to the whole world!” Jinki joined, almost surprising Jonghyun. Seems like Jinki was done with his thing back there, and now joining the sulky Jonghyun to interrogate their father together.

“Yeah, and we got plans this weekend, so we need to know when can we go out.”

The father stopped and turn around, looking at both of his older sons with a raised eyebrow at Jonghyun’s statement.

“Plans? For what? I’ve never heard about it?”

Both of the sons shrugged.

“It was unexpected. Just like the plans that you guys made for this weekend.”

The father sighed, for the hundredth time again.

“It’s just someone coming for dinner and some matter to be discussed with.”

“Yeah, heard that since yesterday. What’s new?” Jonghyun sassed. Leetuk would just give a small stern glare before ruffling his hair, attempting to fix his sassy attitude.

“Now where did you get that sass from?”

“From you. Who else?” Jonghyun huffed, but then fix his hair after his father decided messing with his hair was enough for the day.

“My sons, don’t worry about it. It’s a happy thing! Now, let’s talk about your plan for the weekend, so that it doesn’t mess up with our plan this weekend too.”

Leetuk turn around and continue his journey through the aisle, while Jonghyun and Jinki was about to kick the racks next to them out of frustration.

“This is tougher than planning for the anniversary…”

Jonghyun muttered. Jinki nodded.

“Well then, looks like we had to compromise about the plans, now that our original plan was a bit messed up.”

“Now we know that it’s about our parents, not about the guests,” Jinki added once more. He pulls out his phone, texting the twins, hoping to have a progress on their part.

Jonghyun pursued his lips, watching his father wandering around the aisle, stopping once or twice on certain items, smiling to himself.

Something on his mind clicked.

“Hyung?”

Jinki hummed, pressing the ‘send’ button before turning to his brother.

“Yeah?”

“Since appa wouldn’t let us know who the guests are, I say we find out why they planned the weekend in the first place?”

Jinki nodded, patting his younger brother’s back.

“Good idea. Let’s do that now,”

And off both of them go to follow their father.

 

“Any progress?” Minho nudge his older brother, after having to find them being solemn after coming back from a shopping spree with their father. Seems like the father is buying something, but not too much, which is unlikely to be weird since majority of guys are not interested in shopping.

Jinki shook his head and plop himself down on the couch, resting his feet on top of the kitchen table. He was bound to get scolded by their mother, but right now, he doesn’t really care.

“Nothing. Absolutely wonderfully nothing. We have just to it up and wait until the weekend.” Jinki muttered sarcastically, pinching the bridge of his nose and groans.

“I hope that you have something good to deliver with?” Jonghyun interrupts, plopping down next to his brother, also dead tired from following around with nothing gained in the end.

Minho nodded. “Yeah, Taemin is working on talking with his friends right now. He’s ecstatic to go to coffee shop, where we used to go. So… that’s good?”

“What about mama?” Jonghyun asks again.

Minho grumbled. “You know where we get that stubbornness from. Mama wouldn’t even budge. Kibum gave up and went to his inner sanctum right after that.”

If you were wondering about the inner sanctum, it’s just Kibum in their room meditating on the mat, not wanting to be disturbed. That claims to actually reduce wrinkles and makes his face looks younger, via Kibum.

And if Kibum, one of the strongest contenders was defeated and made him to retract himself in their room, not plotting anything else, then they knew it was hopeless. Their best bet was Taemin, but he had been rejected in the first place, and also, he has his own problems too.

Jinki raise both of his hands in defeat.

“Looks like this is it, we have to wait till’ the weekend!”

“But the plans for the kids is still on, right?” Minho chided, needing to know. He really didn’t want to upset the youngest if they had to cancel once more. If this happened, probably Taemin would be friendless, and he didn’t want to scar the little one for the rest of his life.

“Of course. We can’t just back away from that plan just because we’re not able to proceed with another. We’ll just see how it goes? Or worst-case scenario, we’re bringing them to the coffee shop tomorrow,” Jinki concluded. Minho nodded, about to go and inform Taemin but was stopped when their mother ran to their bedroom, with their father trailing behind.

They watched the interaction until the door closed, snapping them out from their observation.

“What the…?”

“Mama and Appa are not arguing, right?” Jonghyun mumble, worried about that particular thing.

Jinki shake his head.

“There’s not indication that they were arguing. They’re just…. Hurrying to do something?”

Minho scrunched his nose, shaking his head before rushing to Taemin’s room, wanting to save the youngest from another horror that could happen.

And trust him, he’s not going to endure Taemin endless questions about why there are knocking sounds on the wall ever again.


A/N: I have totally forgotten about the chapters not being published because I put it on as drafts! sorry about that!! please do enjoy this chapter!

xoxo