29: 1st Crush (Jonghyun, Kibum, Jinki)

SHINee : Family Version

There are times where the boys would experience their first crush. Not love, crush. They’re too young for that lol. When they do, they would turn into the mushiest, cutie, bubbly kids. Just like when they received candy for the first time. Or that’s just Taemin in general.

The first crush that Jonghyun had was a teacher, his vocal teacher, who is a stunning women in the mid-20s that was only going to be there temporarily. He just likes it when someone understand his passion and encourage him to do what he wanted to do like always. Jonghyun became a blushing mess and a shy boy at the same time. His brothers noticed it too, oh it’s horrendous for them to see their brother singing sappy songs and being love struck all the time. There is no ending to Jonghyun’s happiness over what he could think of. It went well for his interest in that particular teacher, until one day, the teacher announced that she would be leaving the school to pursue her career in another school, permanently.

Jonghyun cried buckets over that. But he got over it the next week.

The second brother that was having the same dilemma was Kibum. It was with a classmate. In an art class. He once clarified to the teacher that his inspiration for drawing efficiently was when he thought about himself. One student snorted, claiming that all she can think about is Kibum being a ‘narcissist’ maniac.

That got Kibum ego’s bruised.

To pay the price, Kibum just went to walk in her direction, pretending to go to the back of the class. As he almost passed by her seat, he stuck out his leg and tipped her easel down, crashing the painting that has been miraculously done by her (Kibum was almost impressed… almost!) into a pile of paint can that are opening wide like a tunnel, thus tipping the paint can like a domino train, getting the colourful rainbows all over her painting.

The painting was a mess, she got mad, and it was a war of madness for them. Jinki, Jonghyun and Minho had to be summoned to the office right away for the accident. Kibum was pulled out from the class for a year, having to take the class again in another year.

No one knows what’s going on in his mind, but weeks after that incident, Kibum just went up to the girl and apologized like a true man. The girl wouldn’t give in at first, but when she sees how Kibum is not joking about it, they called it truce.

Soon they are seen hanging out together, side by side and exchanged some tips and inspirations for their artwork. It all went well too, until the girl moved away to another school because their parents had a change of heart. Kibum was devastated, but cleared up later on with the help of Taemin (what did this kid do tho?)

As for Jinki, the most cliché thing that could ever happen is him crushing on a girl working in the bakery that he always ordered his pastries from. Yep, as expected from the food-loving boy.

The owner of the bakery had a niece, and the girl just happens to work there during one summer. That one summer, is when he and the whole family couldn’t spend their time visiting Italy because of the sudden changes on his father’s schedules. Jinki was sad for not being able to taste pizza and spaghetti from Italy itself, although that reason itself was not so relevant (It’s everyone’s dream to go there and eat the infamous spazza (spaghetti + pizza): Park Jinki, 2018)

To conclude that, Jinki went to the bakery with a sad heart, ordering his favourite baked goods as usual and met his crush. He was so star struck that he couldn’t even finish his own pastries and had to take it home (Jinki NEVER get take-outs whenever he ate there! NOT EVEN ONCE I’LL TELL YA)

And so, for the whole summer, he spent his time coming in and out to the bakery, spending his time ogling the girl and eat his pastries together.

Pastries and girls? Heaven.

Before the summer ends, Jinki decided that it was enough for him to just crushing on someone from far away. He stood up, fixing his hair and face from all unadorned crumbs all over him, finally mustered up his courage to walk to the counter and talk to her.

But as he was approaching to the counter, someone, a guy, walked inside the bakery, smiling cutely at his crush, before leaning over the counter and place his lips on her cheeks affectionately. Jinki stopped immediately and turn 360 degrees completely back to his seat, trying to wash out that bad memory from his mind.

Jinki stuffed all of his food inside his mouth and chewed it whole-heartedly, trying not to get choked up (by the food, not the tears) and sighed to himself. Somehow he would just let the feeling pass by, chewing the food, terrorizing his handsome face for a minute. Swallowing it down with his coffee, he sighed again.

The only crush that he could receive is crushed walnuts.


A/N: hey! how's life for everyone? how are you guys? haha! thanks for reading btw! love you guys for the subs and reads over this story! gosh i'm touched by the support!