48: Little Misunderstanding

SHINee : Family Version

“How was it?” Sungwoon asks, looking at Taemin expectantly. Not only him, but the other two friends are also waiting for his answers. Taemin pouted slightly, before shaking his head.

The smiles that was plastered on the other three friends vanished slowly, pouting in disappointment. They were quiet until the teacher comes in, starting their class with happy chatters, but Taemin and his friends wasn’t even in the cheery mood on that day.

When the lunch time finally comes in, Taemin eagerly grab his lunch box, specifically asked his mother during this morning’s breakfast on making more pancakes to be shared to his friends. It is also as a sorry for his friends on the disappointment this morning but he can make the sleepover into next week, right?

As he turns to search for his friends down the hallways, because he had to go to the bathroom to pee and grab his lunchbox in his class, and find his friends in the cafeteria, as always. But to his dismay, he couldn’t spot any of them in the said area, and frowned.

Have his friends lost in the school somewhere?

He got no time to waste, since it’s just lunch hour. He sat on the table with other kids, eating his lunch silently. His friends weren’t even trying to find him. And that got Taemin to be mopey during lunch.

When he comes back to his class, he found his friends laughing with each other with comics on Jongin’s hands. And they weren’t even noticing that Taemin creeps behind them and give them a surprise, before giggling to himself seeing his friends shocked like that.

“Yah! Why do you do that? It’s not funny!” Jongin yelled, wiping the grin out from Taemin’s face.

“It was just a joke…” he muttered.

“It’s not funny to us. Meanie.” Sungwoon muttered to Taemin, turning back to his seat and not even glancing at sulky Taemin.

“Why are you guys doing this to me?” Taemin frowned, standing infront of his friends, not even bothering to sit down. Sungwoon give a tiny glare from his side and pursue his tiny lips forward in annoyance.

“You don’t want us to come for sleepover, you have other friends other than us, we don’t want to be friends with you anymore.”

As hearing that from Sungwoon himself, Taemin frowned.

“Mama said that we have guest coming this weekend. That’s why I cannot tell you to come.”

“You always said you busy. If you don’t want us to come, then tell us. You’re a bad person.” Jongin puff his cheeks out, glaring at Taemin. Taemin felt like almost crying listening to his friends judging him just like that. He glances at Jimin, who are keeping his head down and tracing his book with his pencils, not wanting to budge in. as for Sungwoon, he already had his head turned forward, not wanting to speak to him. As for Jongin, he keeps on glaring until Taemin decided to sit down and had his head down on the table to not speak to his friends again.

Poor little Taemin.

 

Minho jog through the school yard, fetching Taemin because it’s his turn to fetch the youngest, and also Kibum was unavailable to do so because of his needed presence at extra tutoring class.

He stopped his jog when he arrives at the benches outside of the class, where the kids usually stayed to wait for their guardians to arrive and pick them, having to find his brother nowhere to be found. Minho scrunches his eyebrows together, his eyes scanning around, trying not to let a pinch in his gut seeped into his mind, thinking that his little brother was in danger.

As Minho looked around, walking through the almost empty hallways looking for his brother, he spotted one of the kids that usually hangs around his brother. The one with the chubby face is perusing his comic books, sitting on the other empty benches with his legs swinging around, clearly not as tall as his little brother.

What was his name again?

Jam? Jiemnim? Chim Chim? His little brother didn’t exactly pronounce it right, or maybe Minho was not listening that one time when Taemin was in the middle of storytelling about his childhood fantasies again.

He approaches the silent kid, carefully not to startle him.

“Hey… kid?”

The cute, chubby faced kid look up, staring at Minho before a realization flash upon his eyes. The kid scurries to get down from the bench, standing up and bowing down to greet Minho, seeming as he is younger than the said male.

“hello, Taemin’s hyung,” the kid shyly speaks. Minho chuckled a bit, ruffling his hair before squatting down to meet the kid’s eye.

“you’re Taemin’s friend, right?”

The kid nodded, before averting his eyes to the floor, not wanting to meet the overly charisma male infront of him. Witnessing this action, Minho decided to speaks softly, making sure that the kid doesn’t get freaked out once again.

“Hey, hey, don’t be afraid. Hyung don’t bite. What’s your name?” Minho tried to give a warm, comforting smile, hoping that it will come out well. Luckily, the kid was able to look up slowly and stare for a moment before replying to his question.

“Ji-Jimin…”

Oh, so the Chim Chim is almost right.

“now Jimin, have you seen Taemin? It’s time to go home, and he’s not at his usual spot. He’s… not going home by himself, wasn’t he?”

Jimin shook his head, averting his eye back to the floor again.

“I think he is at the classroom…”

That got Minho to raise his eyebrow at him.

“why?”

 

“Taemin?” Minho’s voice echoed inside the classroom. Finding no response, Minho decided to barge in and found Taemin with his head inside his arms on the table, dozing peacefully.

Minho sighed.

He didn’t know that Taemin could be having that kind of problems too.

 

“why didn’t you try to speak up and help him? I’m sure he would appreciate that,” Minho says, walking to the classroom with Jimin next to him. Minho made sure that he was walking in the same pace as Jimin did, so that the latter would not run trying to catch up to Minho’s long strides.

“I… was afraid. I don’t want Jongin and Sungwoon not become my friends too…” Jimin mumbled, playing with his fingers. Minho stopped, turning his head to look down at the smaller fella next to him.

“but Taemin is also your friend. Friends stick together and solve problems together. Got it?”

Jimin nodded.

“Jimin-ah! Where are you?”

“That’s my hyung.” Jimin turn to look at the side of the hallway that they just came from. Minho nodded, pointing at the class.

“is that your class?”

Jimin nodded again.

“He’s sad, so he wants to be alone.”

Minho acknowledged that fact, knowing that whenever his little brother was sad, he would isolate himself from everyone and spend most of his time colouring or drawing.

“You should hurry up and go back to your hyung now. Don’t trip!” Minho reminded.

Jimin nodded for the third time, looking at the classroom hesitantly. Understanding Jimin’s concern towards his little brother, decided to ruffle his hair once more.

“Just go. Don’t worry about the sleepover, hyung will try to sort it out.”

After much assurance from the elder, Jimin began to strut down the hallways, back to his family member who are waiting for him.

 

Putting his little brother gently on his back and gather his belongings, Minho walk out from the classroom, strutting down the hallway and out to the school compound, while making sure that his little brother is comfy in his hold.

Minho decided to take a taxi ride home today, after everything that has happened.

And he needs to have a word with his brothers about it.


A/N: SUPRISE! ANOTHER UPDATE! 

i'm kinda in the zone right now so that explains the fast update-ish. hahaha!

Also, firstly, Congratulations to Monsta X, for their #ShootOut #1stWin! as a monbebe, I am proud of them. and Golden Child, I am currently supporting them too, Genie is a bop, Woolim is such a troll for giving dark teasers and then a bright, cheerful Comeback ala GolCha style as always, I hope they got their first win soon too! I really wanted them to win something! My Goldenness heart is QUAKING. Other is VAV with their Seniorita MV, absolutely amazing, i'm in love, Their halloween MV is also great for My Vampz heart. And I almost forgot, Stray Kids with I am You, asdfghjkl, perfect for my Stay hearts abfjajfapfj.

ehehe... My Multifandom heart is screaming rn.

But most importantly....

KIM KIBUM A.K.A. KEY OF SHINee IS HAVING HIS SOLO DEBUT ON 6TH OF NOVEMBER 2018, IT'S NEXT MONTH! MARK THAT DATE FELLAS!

I can't just get enough, it's spasm everywhere!! well excuse me for ranting here, i'mma stop and spasm outside AFF, for everyone sake!

XoXo