46: Brothers, Food and School

SHINee : Family Version

“who knows that you can actually eat French fries with ice cream? This is soo a life hack!” Jonghyun remarked, nibbling the fry before dipping it with a vanilla ice cream. Jinki grinned, not even denying what his younger brother had said.

“who knows that you can cheat with your foods? Fries with ice cream? Disgusting?” Kibum had his hands under his chin, just watching his brothers combining weird types of food and eat it and not get a diarrhea later on. What a lucky bastard.

Jinki lift his head up from his fries, glaring at the younger twin.

“uh, hello, this is food. You don’t expect meat to be combined with bread, or lettuce, or sauce?”

“that’s because they are from different categories of the food pyramid, and you need all of those to balance your diet. Which categories are fries and ice cream then?”

“I don’t know, carbs and dairy?” Jinki fired back, dipping his fry into the vanilla ice cream before smooshing those inside his mouth, chewing aggressively. Kibum grimaced at the sight before shrugging.

“you know your food well.”

“of course, I do. When you have your life line on food, you gotta know what you eat, my dongsaeng!”

“why is that reminded me of someone?” Kibum mumbled, scratching his chin.

“Uncle Shindong, duh.” Jonghyun intercepts, sweeping the salt away from his fingers before returning to the ice cream. Looks like he had his fries digested, while watching Jinki and Kibum banter over this.

“good point. Anyways, where is Minho and Taemin? He’s picking him up today.” Jinki’s eyes wandered to the door, waiting for the other twin and the youngest to arrive. Kibum shrugged.

“probably waiting for Taemin to finish his play date with his friends. You know how our youngest brother have more social life that all of us combined.” Kibum sassed, twirling his straw inside his cola.

Yes, Kibum does eat junk food too.

He’s not a health freak, even the health junkie Minho was not that picky on his food.

Teenagers need all the energy that they could get, okay?!!

“so, what’s the plan now? Anyone up for another siblings bonding?” Jonghyun suggested, putting his ice cream cup on the table, finished with his late lunch.

“let’s just focus on school for a moment. I think I need to get a break from all of you people.” Kibum snickered, leaning back to avoid a slapping hand from Jinki.

“mean. We’re offended.”

Kibum rolled his eyes at his hyungs. “we go to the same school anyway. Well, except Taemin. But you get my point.”

“I’m dreadful to go to school, but I guess that’s how kids survived,” Jonghyun sighed. Just wondering about how school was like for the three mini SHINee, the door to the fast food joint dinged and the other two came in hand by hand, joining the rest at the table.

“hyungs, twin, hi.” Minho greets, placing his backpack down next to Jonghyun while letting Taemin slip by to sit next to Kibum, because, oh well. We all know why.

“what do you want to eat? Hyung will buy it for you.” Jinki stood up, looking at his watch before directing his gaze to his brothers.

“double cheese chicken burger please. With a big coke.”

“chicken nuggets and yogurts!”

You know who ordered that.

“right, burgers and coke for you, and nuggets, yogurts and burger for you too little one.” Jinki exclaimed before going to the counter to order.

“what’s with the huge order?” Jonghyun asks, looking at Minho head to toe. He seems healthy, but why with the sudden order?

Minho shrugged. “why not? Football practices has been tough lately. Leo-hyung had to double up the tempo because coach said that we were lacking.” Minho brought his hands up, showing plasters over his manly fingers.

“I even had to practice as a goal keeper in case the goal keeper and the other backups get sick or injured.”

That get Jonghyun and Kibum to perk up.

“what the-“ Jonghyun shushed Kibum, in case he wanted to curse, because Taemin is diligently listening, having nothing to do and think at the moment.

“why should they made you to be a goal keeper? Are they crazy?!!” Kibum shrieked, without anyone’s consent because he was angry.

“it’s just fine. I think.” Minho dismissed his brother’s comment, picking at some dead skin behind his fingers.

“were you the only one who had to do this?” Jonghyun, for once being the rational one, decided to in just in case Kibum was trying to make a scene afterwards.

Minho nodded, sulkily.

“I think it’s because I went for the family trip for a week and then all the responsibilities just went to the others.”

Kibum was about to curse, but then again, Jonghyun slap his hand on the younger’s mouth, preventing him from tainting Taemin’s innocence any further.

“what’s going on?” Jinki came back, putting down the tray on the table, putting the order infront of their owners. Minho and Taemin immediately proceed to scarf down their food, but not before thanking their big brother.

Jonghyun passed the information down to Jinki, who were equally shocked as the rest.

“seriously? I think that’s a personal vendetta from some of them to you. We couldn’t help it that we were going to vacation. It’s not like we planned for it.” Jinki commented, watching his brothers eat. Father mode here.

“who’s the nuisance that decided to make your lives harder again?” Kibum asks, already planning a different type of torture that he could reflect to the said person when he met them.

“Choi Minwoo and his gang…” Minho sighed, stopping his movements. The rest of the brothers knew and groaned.

Choi Minwoo was a bully, a definite bully to the school. Not the classic bully, but the pretentious-over the top-psycho bully who makes people think that they are wrong instead of himself.

And it was not their first case scenario with that bully.

Jinki was accused of stealing a pot pie from the school cafeteria.

Jonghyun was accused of peeping into girls’ shower room.

Kibum was accused of spraying the paint at the back of the school’s wall.

Yes, sound pathetic and childish wasn’t it?

Since he couldn’t get through the brothers’ thick skull to provoke them to the bones, he decided to mess with Minho since Choi Minwoo was also a member to the football team. That guy was a jerk, but he can actually play if his bully behavior did not get into his head.

“should we report this to the coach or something?” Jinki suggested. Minho shook his head.

“he was not available this week, his wife is on labor. So, Jeremy hyung is on charge.” Jeremy, the substitute coach, the powerless guy who couldn’t do anything.

Kibum snorted. “wow, I guess your football team . Seems like you gotta endure that bullying from him for this week. I wonder what kind of diva attitude is Choi Minwoo going to introduce later on.”

Minho sulked. He is not liking this.

Jinki pat his back reassuringly. “don’t worry, if he goes too far, he wouldn’t live for another day. You got us, eh?”

Jonghyun and Kibum nodded.

“I wouldn’t shed any blood during my school years, but I guess I had to taint that record.” Jonghyun sighed too, flicking his bangs out of the way.

Kibum grinned and shrugged. “whatever he said. I’m in.”

Minho giggled slightly. “thanks guys.”

Brothers for life eh?


A/N: Heyaaa!!! i got stuck with editing cause idk why, the editor is going nuts with sudden italic on my wordings, like what the hell is wrong with ya' AFF??? but then when i put it on draft and viewed it, it was in the normal font, so the italic font problem that i'm facing is definitely not me. but for you guys, i'm trying to make sure that you get the updates that you deserve!

oh, i just noticed that it's my 3rd year here in AFF! comment me how many years have you been on AFF? and what is your fave stories out of every author you stumbled upon here? i sure need inspirations to read from!

next chapter will be coming out soon! thank you for the new subs and old subs!!!