59: Jonghyun's Valentine

SHINee : Family Version

“Hurry up! Let’s go to the arcade and play something! You’re not going to sit out on this day, out of all days!”

You pulled on Jonghyun’s hand, tugging your sluggish boyfriend to walk on the grey pavement to make it to the arcade across the street, while Jonghyun is amused at your antics.

He started the morning of this day with:

“Happy Valentine’s Day, Babe! I love you so much!”

You thought that he’s the sweetest pumpkin bunch ever. You had even thought that maybe he would have planned something on this special day, since it’s the day where couples decided to show their immense amount of PDA around the world. Might as well join them.

But then when asked about the plans for today,

“Nothing much to do, I guess?”

So, you dragged him to the arcade, the only place where nothing can go wrong.

Or so you thought…

“Can you not hide behind my back and actually shoot the zombie?!!” you shrieked at him, trying to shake his arms off from your shoulders when you’re busy trying to aim for the zombie’s head.

When the zombie’s face appeared on the screen, Jonghyun let out a shrill scream and drop the fake gun, running towards the vending machine across the room, leaving you with an embarrassed face, a broken gun and a huge sign of “GAME OVER” plastered on the screen.

“Okay, let’s try with table hockey, no zombies, no jump scares or everyt-" the white flat cylinder just flew out of their designated space when Jonghyun hits them a bit too hard.

You walk ahead of Jonghyun, sulking. The day is almost over, yet there is nothing romantic going on today. He paid for his mistakes, yet he didn’t make it up to you. You were just going to go back and just head on to bed before going to school the next day.

“Babe?” you turn around, having some tendency to just look at him before ending this horrid day.

Jonghyun scratch the back of his neck and pull out two movie tickets, smiling sheepishly at you. You paused, before stepping forward and hugging his body. You smiled when he wrapped his arms around you, softly kissing the top of your head.

“Do you really think I’m flaking this day off? Come on! What kind of boyfriend would I be to mess up this day?”

You glanced up at him, putting your chin on his chest, glaring at him.

“Don’t tell me that stupid acts of yours at the arcade was just a set-up!”

 

Jonghyun giggled, confirming it.

“Hey! In my defense, arcade doesn’t suit Valentine’s Day. Like, come on! Shooting zombies? Soo romantic.” He teased, making you pout and headbutt his chest a little bit.

“Let’s watch this romantic comedy movie and get dinner afterwards. And then we can go walk around the Han river and smooch,”

You didn’t hit him at the last part, movie and dinner. Cliché, but there’s nothing more that you would want to ask from your dorky boyfriend.

“Deal. But you have to buy me popcorn, drinks and dinner.”

“Babe, I’ll buy the whole empire state of building just for you.” Jonghyun answered easily, making your heart warm, but your stomach bubbly.

“What a bluff. But I love you anyway.”