68: Back Home

SHINee : Family Version

Finally, a week after being admitted to the hospital, Minho are released from the hospital with restrictions of taking care of his foot and his health. Being the good son he always be, he followed the instructions from his mother of staying home and being home schooled for a while, until he was able to walk properly to go to school again.

The news of Leetuk’s son having a minor injury did not go past the Super Junior’s fans either, being bombarded by left and right by the fans about Minho’s wellbeing, and up to the reason why he was admitted in the hospital in the first place.

The fans are crazy, Minho concluded, yet he didn’t do anything to spike any rumors for the sake of his parents’ job. He just had to smile at the fans who adored the family over these years, and keeping that in mind that if his parents’ marriage is not being blessed by them, he and his brothers would not be here today.

“Minho sweetie, do you need a wheelchair?” his mother asked, combing through his hair with her fingers, putting his luscious locks out from his eyesight. While waiting for his father to fetch the car, Minho stayed on the many plastic chairs that was situated at the front desk, not wanting to wait outside just in case his mother could get mobbed by anyone in particular.

Minho shakes his head, smiling at up to his concerned mother. “It’s okay Mama, I’m fine with crutches. My back is too sore having to deal with laying down all the time. I need to move around so that I can recover as quickly as possible.”

His mother tsk’ed, shaking her head at his predictable answers, still fondly grazing his head with her hand, and that motherly touch is what Minho silently craves for, happy to get her attention even though his situation is not at his best at the moment.

“You’re just like your father. Stubborn I may add.” She paused, sighing. “Alright. But as long as you’ll tell me if your foot is hurting again, or anything. Promise?”

Minho nodded, smiling as he linked his pinky finger with his mother’s, making a silent promise with each other.

“I’m your favourite son, right?” he cheekily adds, getting his mother to roll her eyes and kiss the top of his head, patting it gently.

“You are all my babies. But yes, don’t tell Kibum.” His mother winked at him, making them laugh silently, knowing that Kibum would have a fit if he ever finds out about this.

 

A trip back home reminisced the time when he had slipped, causing the injury to his foot. He was nervous, somehow the nostalgia might turn it into a trauma whenever he stepped inside the house, or even his brother’s room again. He had never encountered any incidents except during football matches, but that was just a sprain muscle. Never once he had encountered something major, and that jeopardized his position in the team.

Minho widen his eyes in realization. The team! What happened?! Who replaced him? Did they finally come out with the decision of removing him completely from the team?

Football was not his main priority, but still it was his passion. And when something happened that could jeopardize his fate, it would crush him.

“Oh, look sweetie, I think your friend is waiting for you.” His mother commented, snapping him out of his reverie. He turns to look outside of the car’s window, seeing the only figure that could ease his worries right now.

He waited for his father to park the car and pull out the keys from the ignition, before he gets out from the car carefully with his mother’s aid. His father took his luggage and hand him his crutches for his ease of movement before taking his wife’s hand and walk to the front door, where Taekwoon is waiting, in his full glory.

“Hyung!” Minho was so happy to see him, and boy, is he touched by the appearance of his own friend at that moment.

Taekwoon gave him a small smile, jogging down the pathway and stopping to bow respectfully to Minho’s infamous parents. Although being able to befriend a celebrity’s son, Taekwoon is still unfazed. He didn’t even know that Minho is a son of someone famous before getting to know him. They are after all, still human.

“Nice meeting you Taekwoon-ah,” Minho’s father greeted, patting Taekwoon’s back as he regained his composure.

“The same goes for you too, Uncle and Auntie.” Taekwoon replies softly, giving a small smile to the elders.

“Come inside and you can hangout with Minho. I’m sure you have a lot of things to talk about,” Minho’s mother added, already eyeing him and his friend, as if she knew that they would be needing more than just talk about school.

Taekwoon nodded without any other words, only watching Minho’s parents reaching to the door and letting themselves in before turning to Minho.

Minho smiled, walking slowly to his friend and nudging him. “Did you miss me that much? I told you that you can visit tomorrow, if you wanted to.”

Taekwoon aid him, making sure that his friend would not trip into anything.

“I’m paying my respect for you not only as a team captain, but also as your best friend.”

Minho grinned, but he didn’t reply until they are inside the house, sitting on the comfy plush couch in the living room, his parents already disappeared somewhere in the house.

 “I know, you’re worried about me. I’m fine, well, for now.”

Minho pointed to his bandaged foot, wiggling his toes slightly, showing that a part of his is still intact. Taekwoon leaned back on the couch, watching Minho’s looking at his foot longingly, and as if he knew what the younger one was thinking, he spoke again.

“Good. I hope that you recover within the time given. Don’t stress yourself over the team. No one is replacing you, although we might have to pull out a few people to substitute you in the time being. The season is almost over anyway, so no rush.”

Minho nodded, acknowledging what Taekwoon said. Perks of being the best friend to the team captain.

“It’s good then.” Minho murmured, easing his worry heart. Good thing that he broke his foot on the right time. Or else, this could cost him a part of his high school life.

Pushing the topic aside, Taekwoon smirked, pointing to his bandaged foot.

“So... How did this happen again?”


A/N: Thank you for the overwhelming support on this fic guys! I'm honored to see that people subscribed to this every single time, I can't thank you enough. 

xoxo