69: Jonghyun's Ideas

SHINee : Family Version

“So, in order to celebrate Minho’s discharge from the hospital, we are throwing him a small party-“

“No.”

“But it’s going to be filled with some close friends and family-“

“No.”

“B-but-“

“It’s still a no, sweetie. You do know that I have to ground all of you for causing trouble last time.” The mother reprimanded, a stern glare was evident on her face. Jonghyun look down defeatedly, not knowing how to counter attack what his mother said, for it was the truth.

Remember the incident on how Minho broke his ankle? It was still a sore subject to everyone in the house, since it was caused by the brothers themselves, after the little Taemin being missing at an amusement park but that was partly their fault. Well no one should spoke over it ever again.

“Okay… just wanting to do something nice for my brother…” Jonghyun mumbled lowly, but enough to be heard by his mother. The mother rolled her eyes before pinching his ear, causing a shriek to be coming out from his mouth.

“The only nice thing that you can do right now is taking care of your brother and focusing on your studies.”

Jonghyun walk inside the living room, occupied by all his brothers. Jinki’s fingers were busy typing on his phone with his laptop perched on his lap, Kibum sitting at the long end of the couch, pointing to something on the textbook while Minho, his casted leg perched on the table leaned over the arm rest of the solo couch to look at the book while listening to his twin explaining about something.

Taemin?

Well he was enjoying his small snacks while watching Dora the Explorer on TV.

Jonghyun sighed as he plopped next to Jinki, who was startled to the point where his phone dropped onto his laptop, producing a small bang that startled the others.

“What the heck?” Kibum commented. Jonghyun waved him off before focusing on his annoying Dora was pushing for kids to tell the answer to the question, knowing that she would have revealed it seconds later anyway.

Jinki, who picked his somber mood, nudged his arm.

“What’s up?”

“I just wanted to organize a small party for Minho on his recovery.”

Jinki nodded. Knowing where this would lead on.

“And how it went?”

“You know how mama is!” Jonghyun huffed, crossing his arms to his chest, glaring dagger at the TV, annoyance flashed on his face.

Jinki shrugged, patting his back. “I know you meant well, but we’re not exactly in a best position to do anything until Minho was fully healed. We don’t want any other accidents happens, you know? Mama was just looking out for us.”

Jonghyun was about to protest some more, but Jinki quickly cut him off.

“Not to mention that mama is pregnant!”

Jonghyun sighed, knowing that it was true. As much as he wanted to make Minho feels better about not being able to do so much right now, he needs time to rest. His gaze wandered towards Minho staring intently at his cast, wriggling in toes in concentration. Minho claimed that he wanted to make sure that he can still use some part of his leg, to ensure that everything can be used.

“What can I do to help him get more comfortable? I mean, I helped him with his meals, tend to his everything eventhough I know he hates it, and chastises him for not resting. That kid wouldn’t just shut up and rest I tell ya,”

Jinki grinned, shrugging. He was already back to his laptop, his phone sat beside him. “I don’t know, just don’t be like a mother hen? Mama is already being one.”

Both of the elders chuckled, nodding in agreement before silence overwhelmed them again. Suddenly, he sat up straight, startling Jinki again.

“Jeez, would you stop doing that!”

“If we can’t do a party, then we make our own party!”

Jinki rolled his eyes. “Still going on with that party thing…”

But Jonghyun would just turn to him, smiling and tugging on his arm.

“Hyung, you would help me with it, right?” Jinki was about to protest when he sees how sincere Jonghyun is with doing this, or maybe it’s just because he still hadn’t mustered his courage to actually participate in a talent show that was due in 2 months. Either way, Jonghyun was bored being cooped up inside the house as their punishment, and so does the other brothers too.

Jinki nodded. “Okay, fine. Hit me with your best ideas.”

“It’s simple, we just need our brothers’ night again, and make sure that there is no fog machine involved, some Netflix and board games!”

Jinki raised his eyebrows at his brother, nodding to his suggestion.

“That seems fair. Only if they don’t have anything on that day you planned.”

Jonghyun immediately turn to Kibum, getting his attention. “Ki-ah, do you have any plans for this weekend?”

Kibum shrugged. “Not that I know of. Why?” Jonghyun gleefully waved his question before turning to Jinki, grinning because the plan might work. He would not need to ask Minho because, well it’s obvious. And Taemin? He’s not even 9, why would he need to have plans? His dentist appointment was still far away from doing it on the weekend!

“Then it settled!”

“For what?” Minho asked. It was a norm for his brother to be asking each other about their schedule especially on the weekends, but Jonghyun was just straight up trying to plan a bank robbery, with his grin and crazy eyes. It almost reminded him of the time where the ‘accidents’ happened to him, and Minho didn’t really want to be repeating it again with another leg.

“We’re just gonna throw you a party on behalf of you discharging from the hospital! A private party between brothers only!” Jonghyun exclaimed, excited for the fact that they get to spend their time together again without anything else on the way.

Kibum snorted. “That’s it? I thought that you were going to ask us on hanging out somewhere.”

Jinki shrugged, sighing heavily. “Well we’re grounded, remember? So unless you got a better idea in this plan, then please, do tell.”

That got Kibum to shut up and shrugged, not wanting to push this any further.

“Great! Now we can start planning and buy stuff for the party! Jinki-hyung, remember to take out the inflatable mattress from the basement. Kibum, get the snacks, fried, greasy food because we’re splurging on everything.” Jonghyun ordered. The other two brothers nodded, understanding their tasks.

“Hyung! What about me?” Taemin piped up, already interested ever since he heard the word ‘party’ coming out from his brother’s mouth. Jonghyun turn to look at Taemin, already pulling out his puppy eyes.

Jonghyun cooed. “You need to take care of Minho-hyung! Make sure that he won’t move an inch! It’s a very important duty for all of us. Are you up for that Minnie?”

Taemin puffed his chest and stood up, saluting his brother confidently.

“Yes! Aye aye hyung!”

Minho rolled his eyes at his brothers’ antics. What can he do now than just wait and anticipate for that day?


A/N: heyyyyy!!! miss me??? Oh god finally I can update this story although the future is uncertain, but hey, it's something! I just checked into this story and I found that my subs increased like yall, yall still reading this and some people actually subscribed?? even after like how long this fic has been published??? I'm speechless! Also, I know that it's Quarantine time for all of us, yeah, I'm doing the same too. Trust me, writing and not going out for how long makes me insane!! but I do have some stuff to write now!! please anticipate for another chapter, because I think I would end it at some point, I just need the right moment. Thank you for loving this story guys!