1 : Breakfast

SHINee : Family Version

At the first few buzzes of the clock’s sound surrounding the room, your eyes snapped open tiredly. You yawned before sitting up on the bed, looking around and blinking your eyes a few times to adjust to the dark atmosphere still surrounding the room.

You turn to your sides, finding your husband lightly snoring, still in dreamland. You grab your phone, checking his schedule to see if he needed to get up early. When you assured that he didn’t, you put down the gadget and place a kiss on his cheek, getting a hum out from him. You tuck him back in before moving yourself out from the bed and go to the bathroom, freshen yourself up.

You tie your hair up in the bun while exited the bathroom, putting on pants because you never slept with it on anyways. You walk over to the kitchen, looking into the fridge to make the breakfast for the whole family.

You gathered up all the toast, scrambled eggs, bacon and even salad for healthy nutrients for your boys (they would always complained about eating veggies, but you won’t listen to them) and made some porridge for your youngest since he is still not used to not eating rice for breakfast unlike his hyungs. You run up to each bedroom because they need to wake up on time.

You knocked on the first door, which your first born is before going in. he’s sleeping peacefully, legs and arms spread open on the bed, fully taking all the space on his single bed. You chuckled before going to him, sitting on the small exposed part of the bed and gently his hair.

At that moment, he hums, just like your husband, acknowledging the peaceful interaction before rolling to closer to you, clutching his pillow closely to himself. You smiled and pat his cheek lightly.

“Jinki, wake up.”

No response. You rolled your eyes before pulling his side drawer near his bed, getting chocolates out from it. You unwrapped that small piece of candy before putting it under his nose. It took a few moment before he started sniffing, his mouth opening to retrieve the candy. You pick the candy back, making him flutter his eyes open.

“Chocolate?” he mumbled. You smirked. Easy boy.

“wake up. It’s time for school. Breakfast is ready.” He grumbled something about food before sitting up, yawning. He then turn to look at you, finally noticing your presence.

“morning mama.” He pouted before leaning his chin on your shoulder, still feeling drowsy. You pat his back before putting the chocolate on the table.

“now, wake up. Get ready for school. Now.” you pat his cheek before slowly getting out from the bed. The latter whines before rubbing his eyes, but he stood up from his bed anyways.

You accepted that as an accomplished mission before going to the second born’s room, Jonghyun. He is sleeping, however, his ears are stuffed with his earphones, listening to God knows what. You walk over and pull the earphones off gently before his hair like you did with Jinki.

No response.

But knowing the boys, they won’t budge. So you shake him a little, knowing that he’s not going to budge if you’re not doing something.

“I’m going to ban you from going to Uncle Henry for a music lesson.” That got him to open his eyes quickly.

“no!” his face pale, before clutching to your waist and whines. You rolled your eyes. And your boys love to whine.

“then get up for school. Or I would do it for real.” You says, getting up despite of your son’s strong grips. He stopped before jumping out from the bed, rushing to the bathroom.

You sighed. Easy? Not that much.

You then proceed to the twins’ room. Minho and Kibum needed to share because they have the biggest room in the house (aside from yours and Leetuk) and they are kinda inseparable, although they have different personalities, far from each other.

And of course, their sides are different too.

Kibum’s sides are filled with stickers and colourful printed pictures of models walking the runway, some about clothes and some others are about his schedule. His bed sheets are filled with retro styles boxes design too. While Minho, his side are most likely the most normal one, like any other boys (?) due to nothing on his walls unlike his twin that are filled with bunch of fashion stuff. Minho’s most probably contain his schedule, some memo and that’s pretty much it.

And the reason why you are not too rushed to go to their room is that you can rely on one of the twins to wake up by himself, and guess who?

“morning mama.” Minho yawned, already putting on his school uniform and pick up his tie, holding it out for you to tie it around his neck. You helped him with that, looking at the other side of the room, where Kibum would be.

“where is your twin brother?”

Minho scoffed. “Bathroom, as usual.”

You rolled your eyes at that. Kibum in the bathroom means he would miss breakfast because he wanted to be perfect for anything. School even.

“be a darling and go remind him of breakfast. And school. I want both of you at the table before your appa wakes up. Understand?” you pat his chest and wipe off the dirt on his shoulders. He’s still in high school, yet he is already surpassed your height. And he’s not even 18 yet!

“arasso mama. It’s always been me.” he shrugged. You smiled, thanking him and pinch his cheek before patting his head, walking out of the room while Minho walks to the bathroom to check on his twin.

You move to the last room, the youngest baby in the family. Taemin is 8, yet he still acts like he is younger than that. Hence that’s why for his room to be all messy with clothes, toys, coloring books and some books from school. You pick up some and put it on the respective places before going to the bed where the little one was.

“Taeminie~ wake up.” You pat his cheek softly, watching him scrunch his closed eyelids before letting out a sigh. You chuckled.

“wake up baby, it’s time to go to school.” Taemin pouted and open his eyes tiredly.

“but I don’t wanna go to school.” He grumbled. You were about to reply when a towel was thrown to his face, almost suffocating him. You turn to look at Minho raising an eyebrow at his little brother.

“yah, wake up. Or we’ll be late!” Taemin groaned at this, but he sat up anyways.

“wake up baby. Breakfast will be cold if you didn’t make it on time.”

That seems to be waking him up a little. “porridge?”

“as usual, baby.”

“okay!” he smiled before slowly moving off from the bed, getting his towel and walk to the bathroom slowly. You shake your head at the youngest before standing up, looking at the awaiting Minho.

“mama, I have a football practice today. Can you make me some sandwiches or something with that awesome shakes?” he requested. You nodded and pat his back, while walking out from Taemin’s room, with Minho following.

“of course. But don’t forget to tell your twin brother. Or else he would complained about having to wait for you again.” You walk into the kitchen, having to see the two eldest brother on the table, chatting with each other while waiting for the rest. The other twin, Kibum was busy pouring down some orange juice or coffee or milk for everybody.

“morning mama. Coffee?” Kibum ask, smiling at you.

“orange juice for now. Thank you sweetie.” You pat his head before heading to the sink, grabbing an apple along the way and wash them before taking a bite. Kibum scrunched his eyebrows at you, but nodding to your request.

“where’s your appa?” you asked, munching on the apple. As if the universe heard you, footsteps coming along the way, with your husband and the youngest baby walking into the kitchen together.

“yah, didn’t you just went into the shower just now?” Minho asked, looking at Taemin weirdly. Taemin smiled before climbing into his seat with his father’s help.

“I did.” He replied, simply. Minho and Kibum rolled their eyes together before going to their meal. Jonghyun help Taemin with stirring his hot porridge for him to eat while Jinki is telling Taemin to drink his milk first.

Leetuk walk over to you and give you a long morning kiss.

“morning jagi.” He whispered. You smiled and whispered back before pushing him to his seat, gesturing him to eat while you are still munching on your apple.

“morning sons.” Leetuk announced.

“morning appa.” All of them replied. You proceeded on preparing the kids’ lunches (and Minho’s shakes) while they are chatting among each other. Little Taemin noticed that you are not in your usual seat next to his appa and look up, finding you busy with preparing.

“mama, you need to eat too.” little Taemin pointed out, making all eyes turn to you. You turn to the youngest baby and smiled.

“just a little moment. You need to get ready soon for school.” He pouted at your reply. Leetuk sighed and stood up, pulling you back to your seat. He look at the time before turning to you.

“there’s still time for that. You need to eat. You got to go to work too.” he spoon up the scrambled eggs to your mouth, making you to eat it. You accepted, chewing while looking at Taemin.

Satisfied with the image of you eating, Taemin proceeded back to eating his porridge.

Cute.