4 : Jonghyun's Mini Past

SHINee : Family Version

“what do you think of me joining a band when I’m at that age already?” Jonghyun questioned, laying flat on Jinki’s bed while staring up to the elder who was busy pinching his chin and looking through his closet.

Jinki shrugged. “good. I think?”

Jonghyun sighed. “hyung, I’m asking you a question because I need to make sure that you can back up for me in case appa and mama said otherwise.” He rolled onto his back, head hanging over the edge of the bed, still watching his brother on the same position upside down, but now both brothers are looking at each other.

“you do know appa likes that. I’m not sure about mama though, I mean she works as a manager for a kpop group.” Jinki pick out a white cashmere hoodie (courtesy of Kibum) and put it next to his other expensive clothes. Since their parents are wealthy, they have no problem in purchasing anything they want. Sometimes they would get sample clothes too, being Super Junior’s nephews.

Jonghyun groaned. “I really want to sing my heart out on a stage. Can you imagine that? Park Jonghyun, the amazing, the shining Park Jonghyun, on stage. Lots of fans and fame.” He raise both of his arms up and spread it wide like he was spreading a plan sheet.

Jinki throw his cap to Jonghyun, making the item landed directly on his face, causing the younger to slightly yelp before pushing it away, glaring at the elder.

“sure, until you cure that stage fright first.” Jinki snickered, grabbing a handful of socks and store them inside the socks drawer, or underwear drawer or anything can fits where he knew how to differentiate them.

Jonghyun coughed a little, suddenly his stomach was flipping inside like flipping pancakes. His heart beats faster, and his face would go all red. Of course, he have a stage fright.

Park Jonghyun have a stage fright.

It happens when he was 9, he followed his father on tour with other Super Junior members and watched them performing on stage (Uncle Heechul’s forgetting to step on stage was funny of course) and the fans are so eager to meet the leader’s kids.

Since Jinki and Jonghyun are old enough to step on stage while not crying while the twins are literally a toddler, they were brought on stage carefully by their father.

Jinki was smiling, bowing and showing his charm to the screaming fans, melting their hearts while Jonghyun, terrified of the screaming and shouting, began to cry and literally peed on stage because of fright. Fans thought that it was cute, but not to him. He had hid that past for years now, and suddenly when he wanted to achieve his dreams, he was reminded to that exact reason by his older brother.

Jonghyun gulped, sitting up and covered his face, embarrassed of the past. Unlike Jinki who handled his thing like a proper man (old man) would do, Jonghyun could never get over it that quickly. Like Jinki didn’t cry and peed on stage infront of thousands of strangers!

“I’m sure that the school got a talent night somehow. You can participate, only if you could get rid of that stage fright.” Jinki mumbles while his head was buried inside the pile of his underwear, like really, Jinki?!

Jonghyun let out a sigh, before hyperventilating like a mad man on top of Jinki’s bed. Jinki pulled out his head from the pile and turn to glare at his brother.

“stop calling the aliens. We already have Taemin!”

After he had said that, Kibum walk past by the door babbling in alien language to Minho who was grumpily trailing behind him with reasons that he, himself doesn't even know.

Jinki make a face.

“oh. That’s why.”