32: What a Day! (2)

SHINee : Family Version

The whole family was busy chomping on their dinner, by family means the males in the family. The mother was simply chewing on her food slowly, watching her husband and sons eating like a starved men. The mother understood their situations, with work and school on everyone’s shoulders, plus the morning fiasco just now.

You sighed internally, putting the desired chicken on Jonghyun plate, before looking out for the rest of the kids, attentively watching them.

Jinki looked like he swallowed the whole bowl with his face, nothing was left. Minho was busy chewing on the chicken drumstick’s bones until there was nothing left, Kibum, ignoring his own table etiquette, has his chicken on his left hand and spoon on his right, scooping everything on the bowl and plate. Jonghyun, whom you had given another piece of chicken earlier, was already had his mouth full with rice and soup in a bowl, slurping it down like a soup. While Taemin, he pushed his chopsticks away and opted for his hands, eating with his bare hands, no matter how hot the food is.

While your husband, he is just as competitive as they are, since he is the father. Go figure. Bare hands, chickens, rice and soup in a bowl.

You did want to knock everyone off so they eat properly, but seeing as they were starving (you haven’t arrived back from work until it was 9, that late?) so everyone was practically dying waiting for food. Your husband suggested for the family to eat outside hours before, but seeing the exhausted kids, the plan was cancelled. The kids was not even woken up until the dinner was truly finished being prepared.

In just a span of 30 minutes, everything is clean. No speck of rice or chickens or vegetables or kimchis or anything else that were there on the table is left (even radishes!). If it could be included in Guinness World Record for how fastest a family of 6 eat, your family would have won that in a snap, maybe.

“it’s time to do dishes.” Leetuk announced, picking up the empty plates and bowls, heading towards the sink. The rest of the boys followed, and you smiled at that.

“aigoo, what a kind boys do I have here, helping with dishes and housework.” You smiled, resting your chin on top of your palms, watching them do the work. All of your favourite boys (and man) turn to look at you, giving you their best cheeky grin on their face, all of them matching with each other to show that they are truly yours.

“mama just stay there and relax, let the men do this heavy work!” Jinki claimed, giving a cheesy wink to you, which you absolutely laughed at regarding to how adorable it was.

“heavy work? It’s just dishes kids,” you teased, about to get up when Minho strut over and push your shoulder down, making you sit back at your seat again.

“no, mama. We got it covered. Just sit down and… stay still.” Minho says before returning back to his spot, high fiving Kibum on the way.

“besides, you fed us food, wasn’t that heavy enough? Aigoo, you really need to put some trust on us more mama.” Jonghyun made a ‘tsk’ sound before turning his head to the dishes. You chuckled, taking your cup and sip the still remaining fluids in it.

“alright, don’t ask me how to separate the dishes back to their places then. You know that some of it need dry cleaning and some of it can go into the drying machine, right?” you tested them again, wanting to see how long that they would break out from it. Leetuk came over and backhugged you, careful not to make a contact of his wet hands with your shirt and give a kiss on your head.

“jagi, have some faith in us. We’re not that dense. Trust me, we can finish it without your help.”

“…”

“where does the spork goes in again?”


A/N: sorry for the late updates! it was supposed to be last weekend, but i got a severe case of mild diarrhea and it's on the way for a recovery. i am currently healthy to update, but not any other physical movements (lazy...) so here it is for you guys!

xoxo