First Born

SHINee : Family Version

1. Park Jinki


Your first born would have to be a son. You had predicted the outcome, because you came from a background of family that male populates the most than female. You are still lucky because you are one of the survivors to be in the family. It didn’t matters to Leetuk, because he would still appreciate both girl and boy to be welcomed into his arms.

And it took him for about 10 minutes to stop crying over the blessing that he could call him his child.

You and Leetuk had ransacked for a few names, always tallying and discussing about the names. Even Leetuk was not your husband’s real name, just a stage name. That’s why. Finally coming up with some, you suggested Jinki. And he was more than satisfied with it.

Park Jinki…

Is a very easy boy.

All his life, he would just think about food. If asked what did he wanted for his birthday, he would say ‘chocolate cream puff coated with Nutella’ or ‘a big bucket of KFC’. He never disappoints when people are giving him food. Sometimes you and Leetuk would worry about the times when he would be approached with someone unknown, giving him a lollipop and take him out to nowhere.

But Jinki is too smart for that. If he wanted to ask food from anybody, it would be his parents. He was a bit of a quiet kid at school, as his teacher told, but never disobey unless it was necessary. The only days that everyone at the school could see him being mad was when someone bullied other kids at school.

And being Jinki, he would help. You were afraid of him getting hurt fighting for justice, but then in the end, he would come back bruise-free, and the bullies are the one who’s bruised. When confronted by the bullies’ parents, Leetuk would just laughed at them, and telling them of how his son is defending someone for a change, and showing them that you can’t just play with people to get what you wanted.

That shut those people up.

You can also conclude that Jinki loves to follow his father’s footsteps- literally. If you want to compare your age with your own husband, the gap would be 8 years. You had moved into an entertainment industry where the idols ruled, and met him when you are scheduled to take care of his group. At first it was just a mutual business matter, but then it started into something more, and you and Leetuk are married.

And as your husband is growing age, his physical abilities are not that strong when he was first debuted, therefore he would be more prone to light sickness, fatigue and muscle strain.

That’s when Jinki came along. He would help his father with this matter, such as massaging his neck, shoulders, legs and back while you are in the kitchen cooking or busy with other chores in the house. He would also read on some herbs, medical stuff like he was meant to do that. He also enjoys relaxing (when he’s not eating) with his father, and follow him around to aid his father whenever he needs help.

Basically Jinki is like an old man inside a kid’s body. He’s wise, and awkwardly funny, just like Leetuk would do. Despite him being a lot of help to his parents, he is not the type to go and play around. Instead, he would just sit and stare at the scenery, much like a wise man would do.

You can conclude that he took the traits from his father. You would blame Leetuk for making Jinki too wise for his own age, but also feels proud that he’s different, and not afraid to embrace that.

“I need to study so that I can get good grades in school and go to good university. Mama, what is the best food to help me with that? can you cook for me?”

Oh… and since when did he learn how to crush a walnut with his middle finger?