23 : Double in Trouble?

SHINee : Family Version

Kibum cleaned up his desk, tapping his books and organize them perfectly in his grasp before putting it into his bag. He was prepared for another school day, for another torture in his mind that he have to remember, something about the WW3 or such stuff that Quantum of something something that he had to memorize later on…

His twin Minho had already got up, dashing out from the room (and also knocking on the bathroom door quite a few times to remind him that this is school, not a fashion runway again) and wait for him and the rest of the brothers at the dining table. Kibum had his perfectly cut and styled hair into his position before making sure that it was intact, just like that.

He grab his bag and walk out, meeting Jonghyun along the way who was busy combing his hair, trying to make sure he look as decent as possible. Kibum grumbled about his lack of style as seeing him just brush out his hair like it was nothing, like Jonghyun didn’t have to prepare himself like he did every morning.

But there was one time Kibum was like that… just ONE time. And that moment shall never be spoken EVER again.

“you look like a mess, hyung.” Kibum commented, walking along with him. Jinki probably was at the table already, eating breakfast. Jonghyun murmured something, but Kibum didn’t mind to hear it as he was busy making sure that his outfit it spotless. Call him a neat freak, but he does tend to be one when he wanted to.

“morning boys!” you smiled at them for coming, looking up after putting the breakfast bowl infront of Taemin before sitting down as well. The boys returned the gesture before sitting down properly on the table, Kibum noticing how Minho’s usual spot was empty, and so does his beloved father.

“where’s appa and Minho?”

You put the cup down. “oh, Minho had to leave early to his practices. Did you forget that he got a match this weekend? He had to leave early this week.”

Kibum put his cup down, his mind scoffing at the thought of Minho being a football freak. If Kibum was a neat freak, then Minho is a football freak. Football is his life.

“arasso. I’m fine with it. I’m just not used to having my other twin not being by my side as always.”

“aww, is someone missing their twin?” Jonghyun perked up, smiling at Kibum. One might thought Jonghyun was sympathized with his brother, but that smile of his was rather insulting at that moment. And Jonghyun didn’t know that.

“yeah, whatever.” Kibum sassed before proceeding on eating his breakfast. Jinki nudged Jonghyun of his attitude, sending Jonghyun into confusion.

“what?” Jonghyun shrugged.

You smiled seeing Kibum sulking by himself at the table. You know how the twins are usually attached by hip to hip, and Minho was pretty much worried about not having to go to school without his twin earlier but due to his commitment, he had to be the bigger person and just it up.

“eat up. I’ll send you guys to school today before going to work. Don’t worry, you will be going back together after school, so cheer up, okay baby?” you says, trying to ease up his mood.

“okay!” Taemin perked up and answered before diligently finishing his meal. Jinki and Jonghyun chuckled at his cute charm while Kibum cracked a small smile before sighing lightly, and nodded at his mama’s comforting words.

Well, there is a time when you need to be separated for a while… right?

 

It was not a good idea at all. Kibum was furious, annoyed and angry this time.

It started off when he arrived at school, had his class like usual, and then trudging into his twin’s class (they had different classes because Minho was more into the sporty section rather than Kibum being the diligent smart one) to find out that Minho was spending his time off from the class, practicing for his match with the rest of the team.

He wanted to eat lunch with his twin, seeming that you, the mother, had told him that you had packed both of them lunches and expect them to eat together during lunch time. But here is Kibum, sulking and glaring at every inch of the football players that were sitting next to Minho, enjoying their meal together during a break. Kibum turned around and head over to the lunch table where the rest of his brothers usually sat and enjoyed their lunch.

“where’s Minho?” Jinki bit his chopsticks as he tried to open the seal off from the freshly sealed lunch boxes made by you. He was supposed to get a container but at that one time when he came back home from school early with curry on his school shirt, claiming that he tripped over a stone and had his lunch splattered all over him. Easy to say that the next time when you wanted to pack something for each of them, you had to make an extra effort to separate the container and the sealed ones to ensure that their white school shirt is not getting any stain pretty soon.

“eating lunches with the rest of the jocks.” Kibum grumbled, pulling out his lunch box and open it up, stabbing the kimchi and roasted chicken with his chopsticks angrily. Jinki and Jonghyun, who had noticed the difference look at each other before turning to the younger ones infront of them.

“Kibum-ah, you’re not… jealous, right?” Jinki says, trying to say good things to ensure that the younger one is not hurt. Kibum shrugged and continue eating his food without even looking up at his hyungs. And it made Jinki feel downgraded.

“yah, your hyung is speaking. Answer him.” Jonghyun tried to defend Jinki, because the look of Jinki face after being ignored by his dongsaeng was too much. And Jinki was the most soft, kind hearted brother ever in the family. No one should make him feel helpless like that.

Kibum look up and frowned. “sorry. I’m fine. Why should I be jealous of Minho’s stupid team mates? It’s not like I don’t have friends of my own.”

“don’t worry about Minho. He is still going back with us later, okay?” Jonghyun pat his back before returning to his chocolate pudding that he got from Taemin (in an exchange for a banana milk. They had a food roulette just now, and Taemin would always get banana milk, it’s the rule)

Kibum sighed. “true.”

 

Looks like Jonghyun is wrong. Kibum are absolutely furious, having to go back alone (his olders brothers are usually stayed at school for clubs or extra tutoring) and now Kibum is scowling at everything as he walk through the pathways to his home.

He was supposed to go back with Minho, but when he went to Minho’s class, he found out that Minho left with his team mates for another round of practices. Without even telling him! Nobody leaves without telling Kibum unless they have something to do! And certainly not his own twin!

Kibum stalked inside the house later on, pushing his shoes on the rack before walking inside his room, or his shared room with his twin and throw his bag on the bed before slumping down next to it, sighing loudly. Kibum is sad. There is no one home too, so it made him twice the sadness.

He sat up, looking forward at Minho’s side, frowning at the thought of Minho abandoning him for football. Or soccer, whatever. When he look at the time, he sighed again.

Well, it’s time to pick his brother up.

Atleast he’s got something to do.

For now.


wowwwee!!! i'm still alive folks! and with the comeback coming, Super Junior, Monsta X, ASTRO, Seventeen and many more, i'm busy streaming and voting for them! although i do have a soft spot for SuJu, Monsta X and ASTRO always after SHINee and Infinite. teeheeee.

this author is going to go back to stream and write more!

xoxo