28: Jinki = SOLVED

SHINee : Family Version

Happy New Year 2018! author's note down there, as usual :) 


And this time, the twins had it enough. Grabbing Jonghyun and Taemin (the poor boy insisted to follow) and barge inside Jinki’s room. They were careful to use Jonghyun as a shield just in case anything happens (Jonghyun destested over that).

When they trudge inside, they find Jinki, face planting on the floor, motionless.

Minho shouted “hyung!” before rushing to him and pushing him to land on his back so he can make sure that his hyung is okay.

Oh Jinki is okay.

Just… crying.

“hyung?” Jonghyun walk over to him, peering closely to inspect any damages that made him to cry like that. Jinki’s lips quivered and continue to sob quietly, his ugly face showing when he held back his tears like that.

“hyung? What’s wrong?” Taemin come over and kneel next to his body, putting his tiny hands on his stomach, patting it, thinking that Jinki have a stomach ache or something.

Bless this kid.

“why is your room so dark? Geez…” Jonghyun proceed on to flip the switch on, lights illuminating the room. Kibum almost screamed seeing the disaster in the room.

Books, papers, pens, snacks, some underwear and socks all around the place. They could make out some nasty smells in the corner of the room where the desk too.

“has this place been hit by a tornadoes or something?! Hyung! You’re disgusting!” Kibum stood up, clamping his nose with his fingers, unable to find some form of smell blocker to escape from this messy room.

Jinki continued to sob quietly, not even answering.

“hyung, can you just tell us what’s wrong? Are you sick? Did someone hit you? Did you fall in trouble or something?” Jonghyun sighed, kneeling down next to him, wiping his tears from his face with his hands and tried to get him up to sit.

Jinki obliged, lips quivering again and pouts like a baby.

Taemin pouts and grab Jinki’s hand, almost crying with him too if not for Minho telling him that his hyung is fine.

“hyung, just tell us so we can get this over with.” Minho sighed too, watching Jinki.

Jinki’s crying subsided, and he opened his mouth.

“a-art is so hard!!!!” he wailed, crying again. Kibum’s face scrunched in displeased, shaking his head and proceed on crossing both his arms to his chest. Minho grumbled, thinking it was something serious while Jonghyun just face palmed himself.

And Taemin? He wailed together with Jinki, unable to see his hyung crying too.

“both of you, quit it. Can you not cry now? What’s up with art anyways? Don’t you have exam this week?” Kibum chastises both children, nose scrunching at the stench, but he couldn’t put it a priority right now when both brothers are crying like a baby. Except that one of them is a baby while the other is not.

“my last exam is tomorrow, and I don’t even know what to draw on my art exam!” Jinki sobbed, rubbing his fist to his eyes.

“why don’t you just draw food? Like the usual stuff you did?” Jonghyun asked, wiping his tears again. What a kind kid.

“I tried, but Mr. Kim said that I was supposed to draw a real life being! Food is not a real life being! I can’t even draw a building because I on it!”

Kibum had almost wanted to smack Jinki because he had used a vulgar words infront of Taemin. Luckily Taemin was too sad to hear about anything at all. Jonghyun went to Jinki’s desk, seeing the scattered art block on his desk, some with the drawings of animals, some drawings of a stick people, and some drawings… are just a big block of black gooey that the identity is unknown to mankind. Maybe the smell came from that creature…

“what’s the matter then? Just draw your favourite singer or actor? Or animals. It wasn’t that hard.”

Jinki shook his head at Minho’s words, stomping his legs on the floor. Now Jinki is the one that acted like a frustrated baby.

“I can’t! I need to be inspired to draw something! I can draw food because I love food, but people? I need inspiration to draw them!”

“geez, let’s get you out of this room so you can think properly.” Jonghyun came back and ask Minho to help him pull Jinki back to his toes.

The two brothers proceed on pushing him outside to living room, where there is better environment than Jinki’s hurricane that he called his room. Minho and Jonghyun push him to sit down on the couch before settling down next to him. Kibum and Taemin sat down on the floor, watching Jinki sniffling and snorting into the tissues given by Minho just now.

“let’s not make you think about art for now. Let’s enjoy doing something else for now.” Jonghyun suggested. Jinki sniffed and stop blowing his nose and turning to his brother.

“doing what?”

Jonghyun scrunched his nose at his brother’s disaster and smiled.

“those cream puff that you ordered days ago are still there in the fridge.  I really want to eat them but I don’t want you to kill me… but please let me eat it? It’s so good!!!” Jonghyun whined. The other brothers nodded, wanting to eat that damn thing too.

Jinki sniffed before nodding slowly, and three of the brothers rushed into the kitchen to grab that box out from the fridge. He can always pick it up again. It’s been days that his next order has already finished, he just need to pick it up but he didn’t.

He look down at Taemin, who was watching him with his big, innocent eyes.

“Tae, hyung didn’t know how to draw. Ohteokke?”

Taemin pouted, thinking about what Jinki had said before his eyes blinked repeatedly, knowing something. He shoot up from his place and run towards the direction of his room, leaving Jinki alone.

Jinki sighed, feeling that he had been dumped by his little brother alone when the trio came back, a box of cream puff on Jonghyun’s hand and a tray of cups on Minho’s hands. Kibum strolled leisurely, sitting down on his place and wait for the other brothers to place the stuff on the coffee table. Kibum noticed that they were missing the youngest so he turn to look at Jinki.

“he bolted to his room. I don’t know why.” Jinki shrugged, his mood lightened up slightly at the appearance of the cream puff.

Kibum decided to head to Taemin’s room so he can call the youngest to join them for an impromptu snack time with the other brothers. But as he nearing Taemin’s room, Taemin dash out from his, almost bumping into Kibum if not for Kibum’s quick reflexes avoid him.

“Tae! Where are you going?!” Kibum call out for him seeing Taemin had his school bag in his hold. He rush to follow the little ones to the living room, where everybody else is, and back to his previous sitting position before dumping his bag next to him. Everyone turns to look at Taemin, wondering what he’s doing with his school bag with them.

Taemin ignored them and pull out his stack of papers from his bag, looking through the mess before putting it on Jinki’s lap. Jinki’s eyebrows shoot up, weird by his actions. But Taemin just smiled at his hyung.

“when I got stuck, I draw appa and mama.” He explained, pulling out a paper that has two figures on it, although it was poorly done, but everyone knows that the two figures that has holding their hands together with a love as their background is their parents. Jinki took the paper and have a go through with it, then look at the youngest confusingly.

Taemin pull out another paper. “this is Minho-hyung. He play football. He got the ball in the goal.” Minho, drawn in his favourite blue jersey and pants, and a ball inside a goal. Minho look at the drawing and chuckled. That is him indeed.

But Taemin didn’t stop there. He pull out another two papers, one with an accurate representation of Kibum with lots of bags and shoes in it, smiling happily (As in a smiley face, of course) and Jonghyun with a microphone in his hand, with music note next to his head, showing the second eldest singing his heart out, or that’s what Jonghyun is doing, the male thought.

As Taemin pull out the last paper, he held it for a few seconds before giving it to Jinki. Jinki retrieved it, looking down at the paper, seeing two figures on it. One slightly taller guy, and a smaller one next to him. Jinki looks up from the drawing, looking at Taemin.

“hyung always say that my drawing is good. Hyung help me draw pretty buildings and animals. That’s Taemin and hyung. We draw together in my drawing.” He smiled his toothy smile at Jinki. Jinki continue to look down on his drawing, finding both figures sitting at a table, with crayons and pencils scattered on the table, but a big, white paper settled in the middle of it. Both figures are smiling, perfect epitome of brothers spending time together putting unlimited amount of imagination in one picture happily, without any concerns to the world infront of them.

Jinki smiled, his heart softened at the drawings, feeling touched that Taemin drew him together. It showed how much Taemin was thinking of his brothers, using them as a motivation to smile every single day.

The rest of the brothers smiled at Taemin’s effort in cheering Jinki up. Jonghyun proudly smiled at the little ones, meanwhile both twins turn to look at each other before smiling thoughtfully at Taemin too. Kibum almost cried watching the little brother all grown up, and Minho had to pat his back repeatedly to snap him out from that. Crying can be done later.

Jinki put the drawings away and proceed on hugging Taemin. The little Taemin giggled, did not protest and return the affection.

“thank you Tae.” Jinki murmured, pulling away and pat his head, smiling genuinely this time. And Taemin proudly return it with his biggest smile, finally seeing his hyung smiling. He’s got a feeling that everything is going to turn out much better from now on.

And who dared to mess up with Taemin’s prediction?

 

Jinki lean back on his chair, smiling in satisfaction seeing his drawings are done. Doing his final check on the drawing, he submitted to the teacher happily, not even caring about how Mr. Kim was looking at him weirdly.

But Mr. Kim understood why when he sees Jinki’s drawing.

4 figures together in one drawing, all smiling together in the living room, eating cream puff and drinking teas together.

Jinki surely got himself an A+ after that.


A/N: hey guys! Happy New Year 2018! may this year be better than before! and i'm back! i'm still not fully recovered yet from the news, i'm still mourning but at the same time trying to recollect myself. I stopped listening and watching to SHINee for a while just in case i would start a tsunami in my room again haha. but this story still goes on, and in this story, everyone is alive, okay? it's the AU for SHINee, SHINee babies... or teens. thanks to all of your support, i've started to write again. i'm not going to let this story went off until i said so, okay? well, happy reading!

xoxo