64: Hospital

SHINee : Family Version

Jinki and Jonghyun stood outside of the surgery room, having to admit Minho into the emergency section as soon as they stepped on the grey road of the not-so familiar place.

Both the older brothers stood silently, not even talking or even answering to Taemin’s worried questions, the youngest crying at one of his older brothers’ incident.

Kibum stood near the surgery door, soulless. He was angry, worried, anxious about his twin’s condition. As though as he could feel how agonizing the pain was for Minho to him, he had hoped that Minho’s ankle could be healed, not immobilized him completely.

While their parents are waiting anxiously, hoping that Minho would not suffer too much than just a broken bone.

The parents rushed home to a tear-stricken faced Minho, who could not even rest his left foot on any surface and had to leave it hanging on the air without any support. They made their way to the hospital as fast as they could, and even asked for the staff to tend to Minho’s situation first if not for Minho choking on his sob every single time, the pain is too unbearable to him to handle.

Kibum had explained the situation to the parents after Minho is in the surgery, and it’s safe to say that the parents were disappointed of Jinki and Jonghyun’s behavior. Even Taemin who was not partially involved was getting a punishment for his behavior. All three brothers are grounded for a month, not counting with their duties of having to take care of Minho and the chores around the house, and was not even allowed to go for extra curriculum activities and clubs, or even spending their time with their friends to make up for their misbehavior.

It was deemed as cruel, but someone broke a part of their body because of their thoughtless behavior. And that is not okay.

Jinki and Jonghyun didn’t dare to look up to their parents. They had done enough damage and gotten their punishment, but this is the first time that they screwed up so bad till the point of someone breaking something in their body. They were scared of what comes next.

The doctor comes out, alerting everybody of his presence. The family immediately flocked to the doctor for an update.

“He’s doing well. His ankle is fractured, but with enough rest and medication, he would be able to heal and perform a physical therapy in this hospital to be able to utilized his whole leg again for a couple of weeks’ time.”

The parents decided that Minho would require both wheelchair and crutches for his everyday activities and taken some days off from school to heal.

 

“you don’t feel anything?” Kibum reach out to poke Minho’s leg that was wrapped in a cast. The bulky size meant that it would protect his leg for some time before he would be able to take them off for his physical therapy session.

“Not really. I can still move my toes, but overall, I feel them numbing.” Minho explained, wriggling his small toes around before leaning back on his bed, retrieving an apple that Kibum has just washed for him to eat.

“How did everyone take it?”

Kibum shrugged. The news of Minho breaking his ankle definitely spread throughout the school, and Kibum nearly went mad to decline everybody’s request asking to visit and such stuff every single time they bumped into the other twin on every corner of the school.

It’s not a bad thing though, Minho is very popular in school.

Kibum decided only his friends, classmates and some of his team mates in football could have their visit Minho in the hospital for the time being. He even took the privilege of the comfy private room’s hospital security to ensure him that there are limits to the guests visit each time.

“I guess the football team took it hard. Lost their potential player for this season, had to find immediate backup for the front runner. As usual.”

Minho leaned his back to the mattress, sighing deeply. Probably thinking about the team. Football is his life. Well, you could put that to the test if you want to.

“Don’t worry, it will come through. If no one wanted you back, then play for the varsity in university. They would love for you to be in their team.” Kibum assures his twin, making sure that everything is okay.

There is always a silver lining behind every cloud.

Minho nodded, biting into his apple and look at his bandaged ankle again.

“How’s our Jinki and Jonghyun hyung then?”

“They’re going to come later, taking care of you. Got grounded, freedom taken away and a full cleaning duty of the mess. Even Taemin got the same punishment. It’s a fair thing. He needs to be taught how to be responsible from now on.”

“I wonder if Taemin’s friends would be angry at him again...” Minho wondered out loud. Kibum snorted.

“If they did, I would slap them. Just because they’re kids, doesn’t mean that they can get away with everything.”

Minho snickered. His twin would always have something to say, no matter what. Kibum look at the time, thinking about his homework and his group assignments.

“I should go. I gotta meet with the group. I’ll make sure they arrive on time to take their responsibility over you seriously.” Minho nodded.

“Don’t worry about me. I’m in a hospital. What can go wrong?”

Kibum makes a face.

“Well, you put two teenagers and a kid together in one room and ended up being you in the hospital. Everything can go wrong.”


A/N: Well hello.... I have been missing for the past month due to me travelling abroad! I didn't bring my laptop or anything because I'm travelling for leisure, and it's like a health retreat from everything! I know that people would lose their interest seeing me not updating from time to time, and I get it, but writers sometimes get discouraged and lost their motivation to write too, ya know? I hope you can understand this. I got writer's block all the time. If it's time, I would put this story as finished and wrap it up, maybe focusing on other stories to write.

just saying.

xoxo