Chapter 8

Life is difficult

Jungkook drives me to the doctor and he comes in the room with me. The doctor takes an x ray of my hand and of course it's broken. But we already know that so I'm fine. "I'll wrap it tightly and then put it in a brace. Only take the brace off when showering the wrap can dry fast. Don't take the wrap off you need that pressure so your bones can heal. Take this medication." The doctor says. He wraps it and does stuff then prescribes me pills. I pick them up at the front desk and we go back home.

 
It's already five o'clock so I invite Jungkook to dinner since he's already with me. He accepts and I prepare some pasta. I give some to Jungkook and then head to Jacksons room. "Have you eaten?" I ask him. He's just laying on his bed filling in papers. "Yeah thanks for asking. How's your hand?" He responds. "It's feeling a bit better but still really painful." I tell him. "I can massage it for you if you want. It will help." He suggests. "After I'm done dinner I'll come." I say and leave. Jungkook and I eat dinner together and he then gets ready to leave. "Don't leave me alone again tomorrow. I will come to your house if I have to." He says. "If you can drive why take the bus?" I ask. "I always drive but since it's our last year the guys decided to all take the bus together." He tells me. "Alright well I'll see you tomorrow."  I say giving him a hug. "Rest." He says and leaves.
 
I go to Jacksons room and sit on his bed. He looks up at me and then understands why I'm here. "Right. I forgot." He says taking the brace off my hand. He then holds my hand in his and massages it gently. "You do this often?" I ask. "No but when someone hurts themselves I know how to make them feel better." He replies. He continues massaging my hand in silence for about fifteen minutes and then puts the brace back on. "Thanks, it feels better." I say. "No problem. When it hurts let me know and I'll massage it for you." "Alright, I'm going to shower and then head to bed." I say, "goodnight." "Night." He responds. 
 
I turn to leave but he stops me. "Do you want me to drive you to school?" He asks. "It's fine. I take the bus with my friends, thanks for the offer though." I say and walk out. I take a quick shower and go to bed. 
 
My alarm clock goes early and I get ready for school. Jackson is also awake which surprises me but I make breakfast for the both us to eat. He thanks me and we eat together. "How's school going?" He asks, "what classes are you taking?" "It's good I guess. I have gym, art, math and science." I reply. "Okay you should be going now. I'll probably be here after school. If I'm not don't worry." He says. Well that's a little suspicious. 
 
Third week of school begins now for me as I walk to the bus stop. I feel and look better and I'm ready for anything that's thrown at me. I see Jungkook at the bus stop looking at his phone worried. I sneak up behind him and hug him for behind. "
Afraid I wouldn't come?" I ask. He turns around and faces me. "Of course not. I knew you wouldn't leave your best friend behind." He replies. The bus comes and I sit with Jungkook all of the guys surrounding us. I rest my head on his shoulder and fall asleep. It takes 45 minutes just to get to school so might as well catch up on my sleep. 
 
Jungkooks POV: 
 
Mia falls asleep on my shoulder and Namjoon faces me from the seat he's in. He's sitting in front of me with Jin and all they do is laugh. "What?" I ask angrily. "She looks very comfortable with you kookie. Maybe you should wrap your arm around her." Namjoon says. Jin bursts out laughing and the other guys look over. "Listen Namjoon, stop it. We're not dating she's just my friend." I tell him. "Yeah but you want to date her?" He asks. "She just got broken up with so I'm not expecting her to like me at all. She just sees me as a friend." I reply. 
 
Namjoon turns to Jimin who is sitting a seat away from me on the other side of the bus. "Jimin, your chances are gone. I think Mia likes kookie and he obviously loves her." Namjoon says. "What are you even talking about?" Jimin asks, "I don't like Mia.  She's just a friend of mine. You can have her kookie." I turn to Jimin. "Stop you guys. Why do you always have to bully me?" I ask. They stop talking and we arrive at school. I shake Mia awake and she gets up. "I'll see you in the gym later. I have to talk to one of my teachers." I say and head off. She just nods her head. 
 
Back to Mia:
 
When I was trying to sleep in the bus I couldn't. I was going to stay awake but I heard Namjoon talking to Jungkook about me and our relationship. Jungkook likes me I think? He thinks I only see him as a friend though, it feels like I'm hurting him so much. He is very caring but I'm not sure if I like him. Everyone thinks so apparently. I get changed and then buy a fruit smoothie from the cafeteria. I walk around the school with my smoothie drinking it. 
 
I bump into Namjoon who smirks at me. "I know you heard what we said on the bus." He says walking with me. "How?" I ask. "Your eyes kept moving like you were awake." Mia you need to work on that now. "Then why did you keep talking anyway?" I ask him. "Because I want you to know how kookie feels. He just denies everything but I know he likes you. Jungkook has never been this close with a girl. He's always with us guys or other guys no girls. Ever. He has never even had a girl as a friend or a girlfriend." He explains. "And you want me to date him." I say. "No I just want you to know how he feels about you. And I'm pretty sure you feel the same way." He says smiling and walks off. 
 
I finish my smoothie and throw it in the garbage. The bell is gonna ring soon so I head back to the gym. Thanks Namjoon, now I'll be thinking about that the whole day when I'm with Jungkook. Maybe I do feel the same way, he's so nice and caring and has always been there for me. He understands what I'm going through and still stays with me. And not to mention he's pretty good looking but right now I don't care about his looks. 
 
I sit on the bleachers with Jungkook and wait for the teacher. A supply comes in and makes everyone sit down on the bleachers as well. "Okay kids, since your teacher isn't here we're going to watch the basketball tournament right now. You can change back to your normal clothes." She says. I go up to the teacher while everyone gets changed. "Can my friend and I just walk around the halls and talk?" I ask. "What's your name?" She asks. "Mia and my friend is Jungkook." I reply. "Yes that's fine. My teacher told me you two were the best students." She says. I nod my head and get changed. 
 
I bring my gym bag to the gym and find Jungkook. I grab his arm and drag him out to the hall. "What are you doing? Skipping?" He asks. "No I asked if we could walk around and she said it was fine." I tell him, "come on let's bring our stuff to our lockers and then go around." We put my stuff in my locker and then go to his. We walk around the school for a long time just talking about everything. Then we decide to sit in the stairwell and talk. 
 
"Jungkook." I say and he looks at me. "Do you like me?" I ask. He looks shocked and then he blushes. "You heard everything on the bus." He says. I nod my head. "I'm sorry. I couldn't fall asleep but I didn't want to disturb you guys." I admit. "It's alright. I do but I understand if you don't since you ended a relationship a while ago." He says. "Jungkook, I like you too. It's just if we get together will it ruin our friendship?" I ask. "Of course not. We will act the same since we're pretty close already. It's just a little different I guess." He says. I nod my head and smile. "So Mia will you be my girlfriend?" He asks. "Yes kookie, I will." I respond.
 
He lightly hits my arm and I fake pain. "I'm dying. My boyfriend hit me." I say. I like that, calling him my boyfriend. "I'm dying my girlfriend is being mean." He says. "Class is almost done. I'll walk you to art." He suggests. "Okay let's go. I have to grab my stuff first though." I say. We get up and head to my locker. I grab my stuff and the bell rings. Jungkook walks me to my class and goes to his own after.