Chapter 51

Life is difficult
Jungkooks POV: 
 
It's Thursday evening, I'm eating a plate of spaghetti on the couch with the guys. Mia and I are friends again which just makes me happy, I thought she'd say no to me but I guess not. Brian seems to be okay with it, sometimes he looks really jealous, it's not like I'm dating her, he is. Maybe he's just the jealous type. Keke!!!
 
Mia's POV: 
 
I wake up, roll out of bed and fall asleep again on my soft carpet. Jackson comes into my room and kisses my nose, I push his head away but he's already gone. I open my eyes, looking up to see him in black jeans with a black undershirt showing off his muscles. "Wow, someone's happy with their body." I comment and he smiles, then flexes his muscles. "Stop! Don't torture me, I don't wanna see that." I stand up and go to the kitchen sitting at the bar while he makes me an omelet, with rice. 
 
"I'm pretty sure if you put in an effort to find a girl she'll appreciate those muscles of yours." I tell him and he places the food in front of me. "Eat." He orders, he dries his hands with a cloth and looks over at me. "I don't have time for a girlfriend, I'm busy taking care of you all the time." He snickers and I eat my food. "You're acting like I'm a five year old. Go find a girl." I say and he just gives me a straight face. "Don't want one." He replies and goes to his room, "get changed." 
 
I don't understand why he's so sensitive on the topic, I'll ask him later, now I'll be late for the bus. I pull on light blue jeans, black shirt and red converse. 
 
At school my group prepares to show the class our presentation with Jieun, it's her last day and I have become closer to her. We're friends now, which I like and she always teases me when Brian comes by. 
 
"I get to kiss your boy today." She teases me backstage. "Hey, stop moving I'll mess up your makeup." I warn her. Brian comes over wearing a muscle shirt and I can't help but to stare at him. So handsome. He talks to Jimin and Namjoon about stuff and Jieun snaps me out of my thoughts. "Stop staring, you silly girl." She says and I blush. "What? He's cute." I tell her. "I know but you can kiss him anytime outside of this play." She says. 
 
I look down at the ground and she gasps. "You haven't kissed have you?" She asks and I shake my head. "When he first confessed we kissed briefly but never after that." I explain. "Oh my god, it's gonna be great when you kiss during the play. But you have to kiss Jungkook as well, make sure Brian doesn't rip off Jungkooks lips after." She laughs and I become even more red if that's possible. 
 
******
 
The play goes great and after all Jieun does is talk about Brian's shy kiss, he got stage fright and kissed her cheek instead. I was laughing and Jieun was pouting, at lunch we eat together and I again. "How was the kiss?" I ask her. "Stop, I'm supposed to be teasing you and saying it was great. If only your boyfriend wasn't shy." She pouts. 
 
"Too bad, you can't see me kiss him, you're leaving tomorrow early in the morning." I say, she sighs. "Yeah, maybe I'll come back sometime girl. We'll hang out again, don't worry. I'll text you a lot." She replies. 
 
After school I say bye to Jieun and stand with Brian, he nudges my shoulder. I look up at him and he smiles at me. "What?" I ask. "Are you happy I didn't kiss her?" He smirks. "Shouldn't I be asking you, you never wanted to in the first place." I respond. "Is it just me or is it cold out here? I'm freezing right now." I say rubbing my arms. I'm only wearing a short sleeved shirt, after all it is February so it's not meant to be really warm, yet. 
 
Brian moves closer to me and wraps his arms around me, hugging me. I snuggle up to his chest still holding my arms, he's really warm. I feel much warmer after a couple minutes and thank him, on the bus we sit together and I lay my head on his chest.  We get to our stop and I go straight to my apartment, just hoping Jackson is there. 
 
He's sitting on the couch watching tv, I turn it off and he starts whining. "Stop your whining, we need to talk." I say and he stops looking interested. I sit next to him. "Did anything happen?" He asks, I shake my head. "No, we have to talk about you." I start, and he looks confused, "why is it you don't want a girlfriend? Did something happen? Are you gay?" He starts laughing and shakes his head. "Mia, I'm not gay. It's a long story." "I'll listen." I say and he smiles at me. 
 
"While I was looking for you, before I met JB I was in Korea, asking people about you, showing them pictures of you. I only had pictures of when you were a baby so it didn't really help. Then this one girl saw me, she offered to help. We became friends, and soon after we were a thing. She helped me so much I was so thankful, she said she would go anywhere with me to find you. But one day we were looking in the city, she took one side of the road and I the other. There weren't many cars, so when we finished she quickly ran towards me. The thing is she didn't make it across the street, a car came speeding out of an alleyway. It crushed her body and left her on the street. I ran towards her and held her in my arms, the people in the car were from that gang. They told me anyone who tries to help me dies. I was on the street with her when they left, people called 911 but it was no use. She passed away in my arms, the last thing she said was 'don't stop looking'" he finishes explaining and I wipe tears from my eyes. 
 
"Jackson, I'm sorry. I didn't know, otherwise I wouldn't bother you about getting a girlfriend." I tell him. He pulls me in a hug and rubs my back. "It's okay, I should have told you sooner but didn't think I needed to until you brought up the topic." He replies, "I found JB shortly after and he told me no one can try to kill him because he'll see it coming. He's a tough guy and very strong, I felt safe with him and he helped me ever since. Mia, this is why I ask him to drive you to school. Why I don't like driving. And why I don't want another girlfriend." I nod my head and kiss his cheek. "It's okay." "It's also why I was so strict when you started dating Brian, I didn't think you were truly over Jungkook. But it seems you are now, just be careful and know I'm here for you." He explains and hugs me tighter. 
 
*******
 
The talk I had with Jackson made us closer, and now I know more about him personally. I find it a cute story but such a pity that she passed away, I wish I could have met her. Thinking about it I wonder how old Jackson was when they dated? He's only nineteen now so couldn't have been that old, I'll not bother him though. 
 
I go to sleep early as I'm so tired of this whole week, I've had so much work and barely slept properly. I have bags under my eye and only slept about three hours each night, now I have a break which is good because Monday wrestling starts. I can't wait to do it, I'll have to work out more often to be perfectly fit for it again this year. I came second place for the girls last year, and the years before always third, becoming first is my goal. Or just in the top three I suppose. 
 
The next morning I open my eyes and check my phone for the time, 1pm. I slept so long, way more than twelve hours, more than I've slept the whole week altogether. I take a long shower, and wash my hair which takes no time. Short hair is just so great, it's so easy to wash. I put on black tights with golden designs on certain parts, a white shirt and black flats. 
 
I go to Jacksons room and see he's still asleep, he did go to bed really late playing video games so I understand that. I eat some cereal and grab my phone from my room, I'm bored and have no homework, what do I do? I text Brian, my cutie.
 
Wanna go somewhere?
 
Like where?
 
Idk.
 
Then why ask?
 
Just wondering, u wanna come with me? Or want me to go alone?
 
No I'll come, to ur house?
 
Yeah see u later.
 
I sit on the couch and watch cartoons, like I would on a typical Saturday; wait for Brian to come over. I grab my small bag and head to the door when I hear him knock, first I write a note telling Jackson I'm out today. 
 
I close the door and hug Brian, he kisses the top of my head. He holds my hand and we go out to his car, he gets in the drivers seat and looks over at me. "Where to passenger?" He asks grinning. "I heard in Toronto they have a fair going on with rides and food, do you wanna go there?" He nods his head and starts the car. "This is gonna be a long ride." He says and we start driving.