Chapter 41

Life is difficult
Mia's POV: 
 
Bright lights are flashing everywhere, people in big crowds dancing and lots of bars on different levels. There's three levels in total and Yongguk reserved the second for us, we all head upstairs where there's a view of all the people dancing. We have a private bar where only we can get drinks so that's cool. Everyone sits down on the long couch and just watch everyone else, I would talk but the music is too loud we can't hear each other. I then send Jungkook a text. 
 
Wanna dance?
 
He looks at his phone and then at me smiling, he stands up holding out his hand and I take it. He then says in my ear so I can hear. "You don't even have to ask." I smile and peck his cheek. "Cheesy." I say and he chuckles. We go downstairs to the dance floor and start dancing together. Soon enough the rest of the guys come and dance around us with each other, Yongguk dances with random people but I trust him enough not to do anything crazy. 
 
After about an hour we're all tired of dancing and sit on the couch with drinks, the music was turned down a bit so we can casually converse with one another. "Mia, is there anything you can't do?" Jimin asks out of nowhere. "What do you mean?" "You're great at all sports, you can cook and you do have a great sense of style. Now you can also dance really well." Yoongi explains. I feel myself blushing and try to think of something I can't do. "I can't talk to people well." I answer and they all look confused, "before you guys I was the nerd who liked sports. I was two different people combined in one body, I didn't really have friends except Kennedy. Until Jungkook talked to me then I got more friends each day." They all smile and Jungkook wraps his arm around me. 
 
Wine is pretty good but it makes you have to go pee, so I excuse myself from the rest and head to the washroom. As I'm walking out of the washroom this man walks up to me and puts something on my back, is that a gun? "Walk out the side door." He orders and I start walking. As we go out the door I still have my phone in my hand, I quickly text Yongguk a 'HELP' and put it in my purse without the man noticing. 
 
We stop in the alley out the side of the club, there's another man standing there as well. "What do you want?" I ask. "Put her on her knees." He orders the other man completely ignoring me. I go down on my knees and look back at him. "I'm gonna ask you one question answer it wrong and my friend here will shoot you." He tells me and I feel even more scared than I was before. "Where did your parents keep all the money?" He asks. You got to be kidding me, this is the second person wanting to know. "Really? Again, you're the second who's asked and I don't know." I reply. 
 
The man next to me puts the gun to my head. "I really thought you would cooperate after what I did to your brother. I got men outside your apartment right now, if I don't get the answer they will." He says. Tears flow down my cheeks and I feel like sinking into the ground. "Please don't. I swear I don't know. Don't hurt him, just kill me not him." I beg. "Oh I will." He replies and I feel the man pulling the switch but then gets pushed away. I see out of the corner of my eye, Yongguk beating him up. Jungkook runs up to me and I hug him as tight as I can, I don't want to let go afraid this is all a dream. "Don't let go." I whisper and I feel him nod his head. 
 
He puts his arms under my legs and lifts me up bridal style, he walks to the car and Yongguk comes after with the boys. "The other one got away but it'll be fine." He says. "No!" I shout and they all turn to look at me. "Baby what's wrong?" Jungkook asks wiping the perspiration off my face. "He says that there were men outside Jacksons apartment, if I don't talk he'll tell them to get Jackson. We have to go home." I explain. Yongguk nods his head and starts the car. "We'll quickly get our stuff from the hotel and leave." He tells us. I snuggle up to Jungkook's chest and he runs his fingers through my hair. 
 
Jungkooks POV: 
 
Mia still hasn't come back form the washroom and I'm afraid something happened. "Guys, let's go. Mia just texted me." Yongguk announces, "she said help." My girl, what could've happened to her? We all head downstairs and look everywhere for her, we eventually decide to go outside the side door to look. There's two men, one with a gun pointed at Mia's head, the other just watching in amusement. Yongguk runs out and tackles the guy who's about to pull the trigger, I run up to Mia and she grabs on to me as tight as she can. 
 
"Don't let go." She whispers and I nod my head. I put my arms under her legs and lift her bridal style bringing her to the car. Yongguk and the guys come shortly after. "The other one got away but it'll be fine." Yongguk tells us. "No!" Mia shouts and everyone turns to look at her. "Baby, what's wrong?" I ask wiping the perspiration off her face. It's like she's having a nightmare come true in reality. "He says that there were men outside Jacksons apartment, if I don't talk he'll tell them to get Jackson. We have to go home." She explains.  Yongguk nods his head and starts the car. "We'll quickly get our stuff from the hotel and leave." He tells us. Mia snuggles up in my chest and I run my fingers through her hair hoping it will calm her down. 
 
Mia's POV: 
 
The guys tell me to relax and they pack all of the stuff for me, Jungkook does my stuff since I don't want them to see my undergarments. And cause we're sharing a bag. I go to Yongguk's room and sit on his bed again, there I break down crying. Yongguk runs out of the bathroom and holds me in his arms where I feel safe, he rubs my back and I wipe my tears with the back of my hand. "Mia, it's gonna be okay. I texted JB to look out and he said Mark was also with them so they'll be okay." He tells me. "I'm just worried, I thought everything was over but it's not. My life was just getting back on track." I say. "Don't worry. You'll be fine with us. Mia I can't tell you how sorry I am for what happened. I promised to protect you and I failed terribly." He responds. 
 
"Yongguk, it's not your fault and I'm not hurt right?" I give him a faint smile and he pats my head. "I think you should sit in the front of the car so you can rest, the guys will squeeze in the back." He laughs. Yongguk loads in the car and the guys don't even complain that they're gonna be smushed. "We can always switch." I tell them and they all shake their heads. "Mia you need to rest. Go sleep." Taehyung smiles at me. I turn to face the front and fall into a deep sleep. 
 
I feel something touching my nose and open my eyes to be shocked by Jungkooks face. "We're home, come on." He smiles and grabs my hand. We go upstairs and see two unconscious men outside my front door. I smile knowing Jackson is alright and we go inside. "Jackson!" I shout and run up to him. I give him a big bear hug and he kisses my cheek. "Let's go guys, Mia we're going somewhere tomorrow just because we didn't get to stay." Namjoon says and I nod my head. Jungkook takes the bag to unpack in my room and I sit on the couch with Jackson. 
 
"JB, you can stay the night if you want. I have room in my bed." Jackson tells him and he nods his head. He goes to Jacksons room and Mark sits on the other side of me. We sit back on the couch and they wrap their arms around my shoulders, I smile. "So, are you okay?" Jackson asks me. "I'm fine, just a little frightened I guess , I've never been that close to death. And being conscious at the same time technically." I tell them. "Well, just relax, you might have some bad dreams though. I suggest Jungkook stay the night just so you have someone." Mark says. "What am I then?" Jackson asks. "I don't want to worry you, you're already hurt. Let's just go to bed now alright?" I say and they agree. 
 
Mark goes home and calls the cops for the men outside the door, Jackson and JB stay in his room and I go to my room. "Can you stay with me for the night?" I ask Jungkook as I grab my pyjamas. "Of course I will, I know you've been through a lot today. Go take a shower and I'll change." He tells me and I nod my head. I get underwear and warm socks, then go to my bathroom. I take a long warm shower, change into my pyjamas and fuzzy socks and go back to my bedroom. 
 
Jungkook is laying on my bed with a black tank top and grey sweatpants, I lay down next to him after turning off the room light. I keep the small light on and go on my phone, surprisingly I have lots of texts. Jungkooks playing games so I text everyone back. 
 
Hey, if anything happens to Jackson or you let me know, I can help...
 
Sure, I'll take good care of him
 
Take care of yourself as well, I know you.
 
Wdym?
 
You take care of others and don't even bother taking care of yourself in the process. Just please do, okay?
 
Will do, night. 
 
That was Mark, now let's see. Yongguk texted me as well.
 
You feeling better?
 
Yup
 
U sure?
 
Positive.
 
You better not lie, I'll ask Jungkook tomorrow morning
 
Go ahead
 
U wanna play this game?
 
With you?
 
Yeah
 
Nope, night 
 
Billy texted me as well, which is odd since I barely texted him ever since I got his number. I kind of feel bad. 
 
Hey Mia, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime?
 
Yeah sure, when?
 
Sunday?
 
Alright, what do u wanna do?
 
I'll think of something.
 
Lol okay, just let me know
 
Why're u even awake now?
 
Wdym?
 
It's two in the morning.
 
Oh, I had a rough night. Jungkooks here as well so.....?
 
Okay, r u two okay?
 
Yeah we're fine. But I'm actually gonna sleep now.
 
Okay night 
 
Last but not least, like I least expected this. Josh. 
 
So, you never actually met Brian?
 
Right, I did in my dream
 
What? Lol
 
I had this crazy dream and it was awful but I remember meeting him and hanging with you guys, we were great friends....
 
So you're saying we're not right now?
 
No. We are I mean Nevermind
 
Okay...
 
What do u want?
 
You should come tomorrow night with Brian and I
 
Where?
 
We're gonna get pizza and watch movies at his house
 
Where does he live?
 
I'll tell u tomorrow and btw it's close to you, he's probably gonna be taking ur bus
 
Oh he did in my dream too lol
 
Yeah alright, good for u. I'll text you everything tomorrow.
 
Okay night. 
 
 
Oh, I just got a notification that a band has a comeback on my V app, ever since Kennedy showed me these Korean bands I'm even more interested. I turn on my app and watch the live show with my headphones plugged in. The group is called Ikon and they're a new group debuting, they say the full album will be out Christmas Eve. After I just listen to music for a while, and put my phone away to charge. 
 
I turn to Jungkook who already fell asleep, well I understand that it's now 3:30am. I'm not really tired but I turn off the small light and fall asleep. 
 
Jungkooks POV: 
 
I fell asleep and woke up at seven o'clock to find Mia screaming in her sleep, she's covered in sweat and perspiration. I wake her up and she clings onto my body. "Jungkook don't leave me. Ever." She cries in my chest. I her hair and rub her back. "I'm never going to leave you Mia. Don't worry." I say. She pulls herself back and I wipe her face with a towel. "Come, get some more sleep. It's just been four hours, I'll be here if you need me." I tell her and she rests her head on my chest as we lay down again. 
 
I fall asleep her hair and her arm around my waist, a couple more times she wakes up gripping my waist tightly. I go through the same process and she falls asleep again. It's now noon and she wakes up normally this time. She kisses my nose and looks for clothes. "What to wear." She says to herself. She grabs dark jeans with a neon pink sweater and sneakers. 
 
After she gets changed I grab a hoodie and jeans and take a shower. When I finish she's sitting on the bed with her phone. 
 
Mia's POV: 
 
Josh sent me a text this morning about tonight so I check it and text him back while Jungkooks in the shower. 
 
Let's meet at his house by around six o'clock. Then we'll get pizza.
 
Alright, address?
 
He tells me the address and I out my phone in my jeans pocket. Jungkook grabs my hand and we go to the kitchen to make brunch. We decide to make it together for fun and we make a lot cause Jungkook told all the guys to come as well. We made strawberry crepes, banana and strawberry smoothies, waffles, eggs, bacon and pancakes with syrup. I place all the dishes on the table and all the guys come smelling the food. 
 
Jackson and JB join us as well and we all eat together. "Mia, how are you feeling?" Yongguk asks me. He's sitting next to me at the middle of the table. "Fine." I reply but look him right in the eyes telling him I'm not. He nods his head. "That's good." He says. "Okay guys so since its winter and we have enough snow. We're going to go tobogganing on the hill next to the apartments." Namjoon announces.  
 
"Okay, I do have to leave by around five thirty though." I tell everyone, "I'm going to hang with Josh and Brian tonight. We're gonna be watching movies." "Okay, I can drop you off." JB tells me. "Sure, thanks." He smiles and I smile back. I stand up and clean up all of the plates putting it in the dishwasher.
 
The boys get their coats and I look through my closet for one to wear. I eventually grab a light blue thinner jacket but warm enough for outside. We go to the hill and Yongguk brings toboggans. 
 
We sled down the hill and pull people up around what feels a hundred times but it's fun. Jungkook and I go inside and make some hot cocoa with whip cream and marshmallows for everyone. We bring it out on a tray along with some cookies, everyone sits on a sled on the ground and I sit with Jungkook in front of him. He wraps his arms around me and I feel much warmer. 
 
"What time is it?" I ask him. "It's five, you should go get ready." He replies. I get up and go back inside to clean up. I change into my roots grey sweatpants, burgundy long sleeved top and Uggs. I put my phone in my pocket and find JB. "We gonna go?" I ask and he nods his head. I say bye to the guys and JB drives to me brings house. "Are you sleeping over?" He asks me. "Probably not, if I am I'll let you know. Jungkook can pick me up I'll text him now." I respond. "Okay have fun." I step out of the car and walk to the front door. 
 
It's s bungalow so it's really cute, and close to my house. I could've walked but too lazy after all the hard work from earlier. I knock and someone who I'm assuming is Brian opens the door. "Hey Mia, I'm Brian. Nice to meet you." He says and holds out his hand. I shake it and reply. "Likewise. Has Josh come yet?" I ask him. "No, but we'll just get to know each other when he's not here." He opens the door wider letting me in. 
 
We sit on his couch by the tv and talk about a lot, I trust him so I let him know most of my past. Everything I've told Josh anyway. He is totally okay so it and feels a bit worried for me but I assure him I'm fine. "So, you've been through a rough senior year so far." He concludes. "Yeah basically. But like I also had lots of good times, when I met Jungkook and Josh. Finally got a brother and a cousin." I say. We continue talking for another thirty minutes or so and Josh still isn't here.
 
"Let's just get the pizza without him and I'll text him." Brian suggests. We get in his car and drive to the pizza place, when we arrive Josh is sitting there waiting for us. "What the hell man. How long have you been here?" Brian asks/shouts. "Not long but I ordered two pizzas and pop. It's almost done and we can watch the movies, how do you like each other?" He responds. "Brian's cool and funny." I tell him. "Mia's cool and just like you described her to be honest." Brian says. Josh rolls his eyes and then the pizza is done. 
 
We take the pizza back to Brian's house, eat and watch movies. After about five movies I see it's three in the morning and I should go. I tell the boys and Brian offers to drive me home, I text Jungkook not to come even though I think he's asleep now. "I'll come too." Josh says jumping up. "How're you still so energetic?" I ask him. "How are you?" He asks back. I shrug my shoulders. "I've stayed up later. You don't have to drive me you know, it's just a couple blocks away." "No no, let's go." 
 
Brian and Josh drop me off and we decide to eat lunch together Monday. I go inside and see no one is awake which is obvious since it's really early but still. I open the door to my room and see Jungkook is sleeping peacefully hugging bunny boo, so cute. I take a picture of him and make it my lock screen, I don't want to wake him so I go to the living room and sleep on the couch. 
 
At around I wake up in a cold sweat, I had another nightmare. It's already eight o'clock so I decide to stay awake now, I'm gonna hang with Billy today anyways. I check my phone for any messages from him. 
 
I'll pick you up at noon, alright?
 
Yeah sure, where r we going?
 
Not telling
 
Of course
 
My friend's coming as well. You'll like him he's cute and in grade ten.
 
Alright do I have to dress a certain way? 
 
Nope, just regular. 
 
Okay see u later
 
I put my phone on the table and eat some corn flakes with orange juice. Jackson wakes shortly after and eats some cereal as well. "How was yesterday?" He asks me. "It was fun, Brian's cool." I reply and he nods his head. I go to my room and take a shower then change into a loose long sleeved white shirt, black leather pants that are a bit above my ankles and flats. I put my wet hair in a bun on top of my head and grab a pair of sunglasses. 
 
I put my bag on the living room table and watch cartoons for a while. Jungkook wakes up shortly after and sits with me on the couch. "Where were you last night?" He asks. "Oh, I didn't want to wake you so I just slept on the couch." I reply. " Stop doing that, it's not good for you. Did you have any nightmares?" I nod my head and he grabs hold of my shoulders. "If you have nightmares tell me, I want to know. Don't keep me in the dark alright?" He says. "Okay." 
 
We watch tv in each others arms until I see it's almost noon, I hear a knock on the door and go to open it. Billy smiles at me wearing a green jacket and black jeans, I don't wear a jacket since I don't get cold easily so I get my purse and leave with him. "Have fun." Jackson yells stopping us both in our tracks. He walks up to us and holds out his hand. "I'm Jackson her bro." He introduces himself.  Billy shakes his hand. "I'm Billy, nice to meet you." He stutters a bit. I smile and grab Billy's hand dragging him out of the apartment.
 
"Why're you holding my hand?" He asks. "Sorry." I mumble and let go. "Not that I don't mind, just wondering." He smiles and catches up to me. Outside is a younger boy, almost as tall as Billy surprisingly, wearing all black, he has natural hair colour is blond but most of it now is dyed different colours. I can see yellow, pink, purple, red, light blue and orange. His hair looks so fluffy and I really just want to mess it up. He's wearing a black beanie overtop making it look really cute, if I didn't know better he could be in grade twelve. 
 
"Sehun, this is Mia. You know her right?" Billy says as we reach the boy. Oh, I do know him, he's the grade ten kid that helped me when I hurt my ankle at track and field day. "I know him, you helped me when I hurt myself." I say and he nods his head. "Thanks for that." He nods his head again. I have a feeling this boy is a little shy. "Okay let's go." Billy says breaking the silence and we all hop in the car. Sehun sits in the back with me while Billy drives. 
 
I take this time to get to know him and he really is shy, but he opens up when he knows you a bit better. "We're here." Billy says and I see were at the shopping street downtown. Lots of tents are set up with food and accessories, this should be fun. We walk down the street, eat things, buy things and have fun together, at around three o'clock we go to the ice cream parlour. 
 
"Yes! Ice cream finally!!" Sehun shouts and runs ahead of us. "He's always like is, just saying." Billy tells me. I nod my head. "How did you two become friends anyways?" I ask him. "When he started grade nine I was one of the people who showed him around and helped him find classes and stuff. We just stayed friends after, but since I'm leaving this year he'll not have me anymore." He explains. "He doesn't have friends?" I ask. "He does but he likes people older than him better. I think anyway, his best friend is Kai though and they're like twins. They're always together and in the same grade. He also has a good friend Kyungsoo who's a year older than him." 
 
"Lots of friends, lucky kid. I only started having actual friends this year, before I was all alone always. Jungkook doesn't understand that he always wants someone to be with me when I'm trying to be alone." I tell him. "Tell him that then. I'm sure he'll understand." He suggests and I nod my head. We go inside the ice cream and get cones for all of us. Sehun finishes first and tells Billy to get him another one, Billy agrees and Sehun jumps up and down. 
 
We walk around another two hours and decide to go home, it's about six o'clock now and I still have to do homework. "Thanks for the ride. I'll see you two Monday." I say and go inside. Jackson already has dinner ready and Jungkook isn't here anymore. "Did he leave?" I ask him. He looks up from his rice and nods his head. "He was watching you guys from outside this morning and got a bit jealous." Jackson replies. I sigh and go downstairs to their apartment, silly boy is always jealous. 
 
I open the door and walk inside ignoring the stares from the boys in the living room, I go to Jungkook's room and sit on Namjoon's bed. "You jealous?" I ask him. He shakes his head. "Then what?" I ask. He sighs and looks at me. "I just want to spend more time with you on the weekend, I barely see you. And I know you want to be alone or hang with friends but I feel left out." He explains. "Well, don't you worry silly boy. I'll always have time for you like tonight, what do you want to do?" I say and he smiles. 
 
"Nothing really, I just want to fall asleep holding you." He shyly admits, I laugh and pat his head. "Alright, I'll grab clothes from upstairs. Wanna come?" I hold out my hand, he willingly grabs it entwining our fingers and we go upstairs. I'm too lazy to come back up tomorrow so I literally bring all my school stuff and things. "It's only one night you know." He comments. "I can always stay longer." I smile and he squeezes my hand a bit. That night we lay in his bed together with his arms around me, nice and warm.
 
Jungkooks POV: 
 
I hold Mia in my arms and she slowly falls asleep, I know she's fast asleep because her breathing changes. It's softer than before when she's awake, Namjoon comes inside and lays in his bed across from mine. "You guys look cute like that." He comments, "kookie I can't tell you how many times to be careful with her. She's fragile, had a rough past, is still going through rough times. She needs you to be there for her." " I know Namjoon. And I am. I would never leave her even if someone put a gun to my head." I tell him. 
 
"Good, she's had that experience and it just proves how tough she is. Take care of her and next time don't be so jealous when she's with another guy. I know Billy and he wouldn't do anything knowing you two are together, and that other kid I'm not sure." He says, I nod my head. I know Namjoon trusts me but just wants to make sure I don't make any mistakes. I shouldn't have been so jealous this morning, it was dumb and she can hang with whoever. 
 
A/N: Sorry for the long update, hope you enjoy reading this. Leave comments