Chapter 5

Life is difficult
 
At three o'clock the next day I receive a text from Jimin. He wants to pick me up at five to have dinner and then watch a movie. I agree and tell him it's fine with me. I sit down next to Jungkook who is reading a book on the couch. I sigh loudly and he looks over at me. "What?" He asks. "Do you think Jimin wants to date me?" I ask. "Who doesn't want to...." He starts but stops when he looks at my shocked face. "I mean I don't know. I guess after tonight you'll find out." "I guess, but I don't want to hurt his feelings." I say. "Don't worry. You won't. Trust me. Now what are you going to wear?" He asks. 
 
"Just a pair of jeans and a nice shirt." I reply. "Okay good. Don't dress too fancy he won't like that." He says. "Jungkook this is not a date, I don't like him and I can wear whatever I want." "I understand. Can I continue reading now?" He asks. "Go ahead, but I'm staying here." I say resting my head on his shoulder.  
 
It's four thirty already and I fell asleep on Jungkook's shoulder. I sit up and fix my hair while seeing he's still reading the same book. "Why didn't you wake me?" I ask. "You were sleeping peacefully, I didn't want to disturb your slumber." He replies coolly. "Okay then. Imma get changed." I say getting up and going upstairs. I put on a white t shirt, with a denim thin jacket, black jeans and converse. I put my hair in a messy bun and go back downstairs.
 
I sit down next to Jungkook again and he looks at me. "I told you not to dress nice." He says, "do you want him to like you?" "No these are normal clothes but if you want me to change again...." I start. "No no, it's fine but if he makes a move, don't blame me." He finishes for me. "He won't make a move because of how I'm dressed Jungkook." I says but he just rolls his eyes. 
 
My phone rings and I pick it up seeing it's Jimin. "Hey Jimin. What's up?" "Hey Mia, I'm outside Jungkook's house right now." "Oh okay, I'll come out." I hang up and grab my small purse. "Jimin is here so I'll see you later tonight." I say giving him a hug. "Have fun." He says. I turn and walk out the house to Jimin's car. 
 
I get in the car and he drives us to a fancy restaurant. As I get out of the car I take the chance to look at him. He's not wearing the normal jeans, sweater thing but actually dressed nice. He's wearing black tight jeans with a white button up shirt and a black leather jacket. And Jungkook said to me don't dress nice, well he looks really nice. But no don't think about this, I don't need a guy right now. I shake my head getting rid of the boy thoughts and Jimin looks at me strangely. 
 
"Are you okay?" He asks me. "Yeah, there was a bug." I lie and grab his arm as he holds it out. We enter the restaurant and go to a private booth and sit down. "Is this supposed to be a date?" I ask. He looks up from the menu and grins. "What?" I ask. "Nothing, this isn't a date no. You don't have to be worried." He replies. I sigh in relief but then he says it. "It could be a date if you want that." Oh man, why did he have to say that. I don't know what to say so I just keep quiet as we order the food. When the food comes we eat and talk about school, things we like and dislike and the food. 
 
"I never really talk to you even though we have the same class together." I say. "Well, next class I'll talk to you more. Alright?" He suggests. "Sure." He pays for the food even if I insist I can pay for myself and then we go outside. "The theatre is close so we can walk." He says and we begin walking. 
 
After the movie which was with lots of action and gross things we walk back to the car. I thought the movie wasn't really something I would watch with a guy or by myself so I'm glad this wasn't a date. We get in the car and he starts driving me back to Jungkook's house. "Can I ask why you're staying over at Jungkooks house?" He asks. "We just like hanging out. Why do you want to know?" I respond. "I don't know. I was just wondering, you guys seem close after the first week of school." He says. He stops at his house and I turn to him. "Tonight was fun. I'll see you tomorrow at school." I say. "Sure. See you later." I open the door, get out of the car, and go inside the house.
 
Jungkook is laying on the couch with his eyes closed and headphones in his ears. I poke his forehead and he opens his eyes in shock. He takes out his headphones and I sit down putting his legs on my lap. "How was it?" He asks. "It was okay. The movie was scary and we talked a lot." I say. "So, you don't like scary movies?" He asks and I nod my head. "I put your apartment online but no takers yet." He says. "That's fine. I'm going to bed. We have school tomorrow again." I say and stand up again. "Okay night."
 
The next week goes by faster than the first and it's Friday already. Jungkook and I got home from school upset that no one wants to live with me. I guess I won't be getting that apartment after all. We fall onto the couch and he grabs the laptop. "Let's check one last time. We still have till tomorrow." He suggests and I nod my head. He goes to the site where we posted and someone commented on the post. It says: I'm looking for a place to live as well, I can meet you to talk today at five o'clock. 
 
We both gasp and I quickly dial the number on the screen into my phone. It's already 4:30 so I hope we can still meet up. It goes over and someone talks. "Hello?" "Hi, you wanted to meet me for the apartment?" "Oh yes. I was afraid you wouldn't call. We can meet at the park near the apartment." "Sure. I'll see you there at five." "Okay bye." He hangs up and I close the laptop. 
 
I look at Jungkook who's smiling at me. "Well, hopefully he'll want to live with me." I say. "I'm sure he will. I didn't know it was a guy." He says. "Jungkook, don't worry about anything. Maybe tonight we can take the apartment off of the website and buy it tomorrow morning." I say excited. He nods his head and I get up to change into different clothes. 
 
I put on a burgundy t shirt, blue jeans and put my hair in a high ponytail. I look in the mirror one last time and then decide to go to the park. When I get there I see a young adult who I'm hoping is the guy. He has black sunglasses, snapback and muscle shirt on, with white pants, a chain necklace on his neck and is listening to music with red headphones. Should I mention he's also Asian. How many Asians are around this place? I walk up to him and tap his shoulder. He turns and pulls out his headphones.
 
"Do I know you?" He asks a bit rude. "Um, are you here for the apartment?" I ask him. "Oh, yes. I'm sorry I didn't know what you look like or anything. Sit down." He says much happier patting the seat beside him. I sit down and look at him. "So, I'm Mia. I'm seventeen years old and I guess I can't buy an apartment unless I have a room mate. When I'm eighteen you don't have to live with me anymore, it doesn't really matter to me." I say. "Alright, my name is Jackson Wang, I am nineteen years old. I was born in Hong Kong but moved here as a young kid. I really need a place to live." He explains.
 
"The spot is yours if you want it." I say. "Really? Thank you. When are you buying it?" He asks. "Tomorrow morning and you have to be there at ten o'clock alright?" He nods his head. "See you later then." He says and leaves putting his headphones back in.
 
No ones POV: Mia returns home and talks to Jungkook. Meanwhile Jackson calls someone. "She is letting me live with her." He says over the phone. "Good, make sure you find out everything about her and her family." "Are you sure you want me to do this she seems pretty innocent JB?""I'm sure. Update every couple weeks or so."JB SAYS AND HANGS UP.