Chapter 57

Life is difficult
Mia's POV: 
 
"What do you mean?" Jackson asks me as we all sit on the couch. I explain to them what the girl told me before she punched me. They look shocked and Brian seems really worried. "I thought they backed off months ago, the last time something happened was so long ago, have you noticed anything suspicious bro?" Jackson asks JB. He shakes his head. "Nothing. They were probably waiting for you to come out in the open and at a tournament it'd be perfect. I know how these people work, they won't come until you're healed. They wouldn't want to make more damage on what they already inflicted." JB tells us. 
 
We finish talking and Jackson says I should stay here for the night, Brian comes to my room before I go to bed. "If anything happens, you'll let me know right?" He asks. I nod my head tears forming in my eyes. He pulls me close, not to hurt my arm. "Shh, it's gonna be okay. You're brother and JB will catch them, I won't let anything happen to you." He rubs my back and kisses my head. "I'll see you at school tomorrow." He whispers and kisses me one last time before leaving. 
 
Since my arm is injured I need someone to help me change so Jackson called mark over, he's already seen me last time and Jackson is too pissed to do anything. JB goes out to his workplace to find things and Jackson makes some tea for me. 
 
Mark sits next to me on my bed and takes the sling off my arm carefully, he helps me change to my pyjama pants. I tell him I'll just sleep with my sports bra on. "Should I sleep with the sling on?" I ask him. He shrugs his shoulders. "Yes you should." Jackson says coming in the room with my tea, "it will keep your arm in place." He puts it around me and hands me the tea, I drink most of it and tell them I'll sleep. 
 
At around ten o'clock I wake up to mark and Jackson fighting, I sit by my door and listen to what they're saying. "We have to do something, they're gonna go after her!" Mark shouts. "What do you expect me to do? JB is looking for any clues to them all we can do is wait." Jackson snaps back. "Wait? Wait! Sure lets wait until they kill her then we won't be able to do anything!" Mark yells, "I'm not sticking around to see them kill her under your nose. I'll protect her at school but I'm not coming here anymore until this is fixed." The door slams shut and Jackson comes to my room, he spots me on the ground and sits with me. 
 
"What are we going to do?" I ask him. "You don't have to worry about it, I won't let them hurt you. Mark is just upset this happened to you, he cares about you a lot." He explains and I rest my head on his shoulder. 
 
Jacksons POV: 
 
Mia falls asleep on my shoulder a little while later, I lift her up and put her in bed. I go to my room and sleep until I'm woken up by a call. "Yeah?" "Jackson good you're awake." "Why?" "I was checking camera footage of the inside and outside of your apartment building, there's been a car sitting outside of the building. It's there at the time Mia leaves for school, comes back or goes outside." "So they've been stalking her?" "For a couple months every day is the same, but one thing I noticed a few months ago. In the weekend the person got out of the car and talked to her, there were two of them. She got in the car and left with them." "What do I do?" "Just wait till I find out more, keep a close eye on her." I hang up and go to sleep. 
 
Mia's POV: 
 
I wake up the next morning back in my bed, I guess Jackson put me here, as I sit up I cry out in pain. My arm feels really numb but it's excruciating, Jackson runs into my room and I tell him I'm okay. "Go take a shower, I'll help you change after." He says. "What? I don't want you to see me ." I shout. "Mark saw you, I don't think he really wants to come around now." I look at him with pleading eyes and he rolls his eyes while grabbing his phone. 
 
"Hey, calm down bro. I know you don't want to come but Mia needs to shower and doesn't want me to help her change. Yeah okay." He hangs up and sticks his tongue out at me. 
 
Mark comes a few minutes later and I hear them talk by the bathroom door. "Hey I'm sorry I yelled at you, I'll let you know what JB told me last night. I think it might help, Mia needs you right now." Jackson says. "It's okay man. I'm sorry as well, I know there's not much we can do. I just don't want her to get hurt or killed." Mark replies and I can hear them hug. 
 
Mark knocks on the door and comes in, he smiles and winks at me. I roll my eyes. "You need me?" He asks. "Yeah, maybe you should just live with me and Brian for a while." I suggest. "If you say so, are you sure he'll be okay with it?" I nod my head. "It'll be fine, I'll talk to him today." He helps me unchange, I take a shower and he helps me change again. I put on a normal shirt, with a sweater my arm in one sleeve and the other hanging out because of the sling; with blue tidied jeans. 
 
Mark drives me to school and we meet up with Brian. "I'll talk to him alone, you'll make it awkward." I tell Mark and go to Brian. "I missed you, you're coming back right?" He asks as we sit in the cafeteria. "Yeah but is it okay if Mark comes as well. I need him to help me change when I shower and stuff." I ask. "You don't trust me?" He looks like a sad puppy just sitting there, I smile. "I'm not going to do anything Mia, you're hurt and I'll take care of you." He says and I agree. "I'll tell Mark." I send Mark a text and he seems disappointed but whatever. 
 
At lunch all of the guys eat with us at a table in the cafeteria, lots of people wish me better when they see me. I know lots of people saw the incident yesterday and since word spreads fast in this school it makes sense people are talking to me about it. I get my food and as I sit down I bump my arm into the table, I wince in pain and Brian notices. "You okay?" He asks. I give him a thumbs up and he continues eating. 
 
Melanie and Yoongi come in the cafeteria together chatting happily, I wonder how she got him to talk to her. Yoongi sits next to me and Melanie sits with Namjoon talking to him. "You and Melanie huh?" I ask grinning. Yoongi blushes and nods his head. "I've never had someone made me feel normal around them, not as shy as I usually am but Melanie does and I like it." He smiles and I ruffle his hair, realizing he dyed it a mint colour. "Oh my god your hair!" I shout out making our whole table look at me and Yoongi. 
 
"Sorry, it just looks really different. I like it though." I admit shyly, seeing everyone is still looking. Everyone continues eating and talking, I eat my pasta and head to class. The rest of the afternoon goes by slowly but once the bell rings I dash out the door. Some people bump into me and mumble sorry when they see its me, I tell them it's fine and I make it to my locker. 
 
I open it and two figures pop up from behind my locker door. "Hey Mia." Billy says and Sehun nods at me shyly. He's not wearing his hat like last time and his hair looks so different. He dyed it black. "Nice to see you two again." I say and Billy smiles. "I heard you got hurt, I hope you feel better." He says and Sehun nods his head before running away. "Is he okay?" I ask him. "Some jerks beat him up because he didn't do something for them, he's just a little upset about it." I nod my head in understanding. 
 
Billy goes after Sehun and I go outside to the fresh air, it's getting warmer and I can tell summer is about to come. I spot the guys and sit on the grass with them. "You took a while." Namjoon says, "and you weren't even with Brian. He was here so what were you doing?" I roll my eyes at him. "I was just talking to a friend, why?" I respond. "Just curious. After what happened yesterday I thought something happened." 
 
Friday comes around the corner quickly and Mark drives me to school, Brian finds me and spins me around in his arms. "Happy anniversary." He says putting a diamond necklace around my neck. I touch it and smile at him. "Happy anniversary, thanks for this. I got something for you as well." I say pulling my gift out of my bag. I bought him a pair of New Balance low tops, shoes, he smiles and puts them on. "How do you know my shoe size?" He asks me. "Do you want to know?" I ask grinning. He shakes his head and I laugh at him. 
 
We got to class where we have practice, in chemistry we watched a science movie, then at lunch Brian and I went out. We went to the mall and ate lunch there, I told him we should just skip the afternoon so we did. We went through different shops and had a great time, at around five o'clock we went back home. "Since, it's our three month anniversary I'm going to cook for you." Brian says while grinning. "You know how to cook?" I ask. "I'm not that great and didn't want you to think I'm awful or something." He replies. 
 
I sit at the bar and watch him make dinner, he made pasta with bacon pieces, and cheese. Not very healthy but I'm done with wrestling so I don't mind. He places two plates full of pasta on the table and we sit down. "I'm going to feed you since your arm is disabled." He states and grabs my plate away from me. He feeds me while eating his own food and we enjoy our time together. After dinner we sit on the couch and watch some tv, at around eight Brian gets up and gives me his sweater. I put it on, he brings me outside to his car and starts driving. 
 
We drive for a really long time until we reach a small cottage near the woods. "Woah is this gonna be like the cabin in the woods or something?" I ask him and he chuckles. "No, but we're staying here for the weekend I already told your brother. He was hesitant but let me." I nod my head understanding. "Wait, did you get clothes?" I ask. 
 
We spend the weekend together enjoying each other's company, Monday rolls by and the next hard week begins. 
 
******
A few more weeks later
******
 
Finally it's the last week of school which for us is the hardest week, graduation is Friday and prom is Wednesday. Thursday we have a day off to get rest for graduation. We're done school a week before everyone else, the rest of the highschoolers have another week after us. Today and tomorrow all we do is empty our lockers and spend it with our friends, but we have to stay on school grounds. 
 
My arm has healed and is perfectly fine as for what JB found out, noting happened but they're still careful with me. JB says probably when I'm in university because Jackson won't be there to protect me. I still have Brian so I'm not too worried about it. 
 
A few weeks ago at school Brian got the attention of the whole cafeteria and asked to take me to prom. Of course I said yes and lots of people are saying we'll have a special picture in the yearbook this year. I got accepted to the university of Toronto as well as Brian. I'm taking sports management and chemistry, Brian is taking chemistry as well. We both have the same job interests which I think is good. 
 
Yoongi asked Melanie to prom, Jin asked Namjoon. The other boys are going with each other, they're too scared to talk to girls. I know most of the boys are going to u of t but not for the same as me so it's not likely we'll see each other again. 
 
I wake up Monday morning with a headache, great just great. I turn to Brian who is still sleeping, I'll leave him, I go to the bathroom sit on the toilet and take a pill. I stay there a few minutes with my eyes closed against the light until I feel arms slowly wrap around me. I jump a bit in fright but relax in his arms and put my head on his shoulder, he's crouched on the ground. 
 
He walks away and turns off the light, I open my eyes and he comes back. He lifts me up in his arms and brings me back to our bedroom, placing me on the bed. He lays next to me and kisses my forehead. "You okay?" He asks. "I have a headache." I tell him and he grabs my hand. "Why don't I make breakfast and get ready while you sleep a bit more?" He suggests but I don't respond because once I heard sleep I fell asleep.
 
Brian's POV: 
 
Mia falls asleep before I can finish my sentence and I smile to myself, she's so cute. I convinced her to take the bus this week since it's the last time we can, I'll be glad when we don't have to anymore. I prepare a breakfast consisting of pancakes, banana smoothies and chocolate syrup. I get dressed myself and wake up Mia, she comes to the dining room and we eat in silence. "I've been thinking since we're going to university and we're staying in residence there, we won't come back here. I thought maybe we could rent the place while we're gone so we also get some money and in the weekends we'll stay with your brother if we come home." I explain to her. She nods her head. 
 
Mia's POV: 
 
I get up and go to shower, the bus is coming soon so I'll have to hurry. I get dressed in a grey long sleeved shirt, dark grey sweatpants and flats, grab my bag and go to Brian who's waiting for me. "Let's go?" He asks and I nod my head. We go to the bus and get on, I smile at the other guys and sit down with Brian next to me. 
 
"Are you feeling better?" Brian asks, I lean my head on his shoulder. "A bit yeah, I'll just sleep." I say and fall asleep. He shakes me awake when we get to school and all of us head to the caf. 
 
I sit down next to Brian and Yoongi, who is with Melanie, they have gotten so close and have a thing now. They both want to date but aren't going to since she isn't going to the same university as him. I feel bad it's like a sad love story, they can't be together because of the distance. I play on my phone until I spot Josh walking in the cafeteria.  I jump out of my seat and run to him giving him a hug. 
 
Josh's POV: 
 
I arrive a bit late for school but since we're not doing anything I don't give a crap, I walk in the cafeteria and spot everyone. Mia jumps out of her seat, runs to me and gives me a hug. I give a questioning look to Brian who shrugs, I hug her back and look confused at her. "What's with this?" I ask her. "Nothing, I was bored and felt like hugging someone." She says as we walk to the table. "Just hug your boyfriend." I reply and push her onto Brian. 
 
She falls hanging over his lap, that's cute, I sit on the opposite side of them and laugh with the rest. 
 
Brian's POV: 
 
I look down at Mia who's laying over my lap, she just smiles at me. "I think I'll stay here." She says feeling embarrassed. I grab her by the arms and pull her up, she sits back on her chair and we discuss what to do today. 
 
"Do you girls have your dresses?" Yoongi asks. "Yeah, you better have your tux ready." Mia replies, I smile at her and she pecks my cheek.
 
Mia's POV: 
 
We continue talking about how excited we are for prom, and graduation. "So who is going to university of Toronto?" I ask and they raise their hands. "So that's, Namjoon, Brian, Jungkook, Yoongi, Jimin, and Jin." I say out loud, "where are you guys going then?" "Ottawa." Taehyung and Hoseok say. "Harvard in the U.S." Josh announces. And I already know Melanie is going to university in Stratford. 
 
"Oh my god, Josh why so far away?" I ask. He shrugs his shoulders. "I'm just smart enough I guess, don't worry I'll visit." 
 
**********
 
The week passes by quickly, Brian and I spent lots of time together at prom and had fun with everyone else. I graduated and got a scholarship for my university, everyone graduated with honours as well, we threw a party and had loads of fun together. 
 
And now it's summer, free time until we go to university for four years, the best years in my life are coming ahead or are they the worst?
 
 
A/N: Sorry for dragging the update so long, I just needed to fit everything in apologies for that. Please leave comments or questions and let me know what you think. Thanks ;)