Chapter 18

Life is difficult
We finish our pizza and head back to school, where we go down to Josh's locker. He grabs my bag and hands it to me. "Thanks. Want to come to my locker with me?" I ask him. "Sure." I spot Jungkook sitting by my locker alone eating a sandwich all upset. I run up to him, bend down and give him a hug. "Kookie." I exclaim. He looks shocked but doesn't hug me back. I let go and pull down Josh to sit down. "Kookie, why're you upset?" I ask. "Why didn't you tell me where you were? I was waiting for twenty minutes." He says looking sad. 
 
"Oh Jungkook I'm sorry. I took Mia out for lunch since we had art together." Josh explains. "So it's not Mia's fault?" Jungkook asks. "No, it's mine. Sorry." Josh replies. "Okay then it's fine. I forgive you toki." He says all happy again. "You guys have nice couple shirts." Josh comments. "Thanks." I reply. "I'm going to go find Brian. I'll see you tomorrow Mia, bye Jungkook." He says and walks down the hall. 
 
"I missed you." Jungkook complains resting his head on my shoulder. "I was gonna text you but I was eating and I assumed you would be with the guys." I tell him. "Hey, we look good in our couple shirts. Let's go walk around the school and show off." He suggests. "Okay." We walk around the school and 'show off' lots of people look at us and whisper. Some say 'I wish I could date her' while others say 'I hope he dumps her.' It's really confusing but I don't mind at all since Jungkook is mine. 
 
After school I decide to go to the gym and sign up for track and field which is starting before winter. We like to do it when it's a little cold outside but not winter cold, just autumn winds. Jungkook follows me and sees I signed up, he sees that lots of people did. Track and field day is really big at our school and competitive, all of the grades compete against each other in the school. We don't compete with other schools, this is basically a day where we don't have classes and do track and field. Lots of people sign up and if you don't you can just watch people the whole day. 
 
In the past years I've always joined and my grade usually won, when you do win it's no big deal though. You just carry the title of winning and your whole grade feels happy. Last year we won so I want to win this year as its my last here. He signs his name for 100m dash same with all the guys' names. I grab his hand and take him outside. 
 
"I'm really excited for this year actually. Jungkook signed your names." I tell the boys. "Great, what are you doing Mia?" Hoseok asks. "I'm doing 500m hurdles. It's always been my strength in track and field." I respond. "That's cool, I think our grade will win this year as well. Only if lots of people sign up." He says more to himself than to us. We all sit in a circle around the tree and talk to one another.
 
"You guys look really cute in your couple shirts." Namjoon comments. "We bought them yesterday." Jungkook replies. Then Mark comes to our group followed by Youngjae. "Can I talk to you Mia?" He asks. I stand up and Jungkook grabs my hand. I tell him it's fine and walk off with them. "Yes?" I ask. "No need to be rude. We were just wondering what you exactly want to do for the dance." Marks says. "Oh, it doesn't really matter. Are you guys good at dancing or not?" I reply. "We're pretty good, so is it fine if we make it a bit complex?" He asks. "Yeah sure. Go ahead I'll do anything." 
 
They leave me and I go back to the guys. It's only 3:30 so the bus won't come for another while. Then Josh runs up to me and grabs my hand pulling me up. "Sorry Jungkook, we got to go." He says panting. He drags me along back into the school and to the art room. Oh I forgot I had detention with Josh. The teacher crosses his arms and looks pissed. 
 
"First you're late to class, then your late for detention what are you gonna do next?"  He shouts. "We're sorry." I reply for both of us. "Of course you are. Since you're late you can stay for two hours and no phones allowed. Hand them in." He says. "How is my brother supposed to know where I am then?" I ask. "Stop lying. You don't have a brother." "Actually I do and he'll get worried and come here." I say sternly. "Stop trying my patience. I'll be outside the room, don't even try escaping." He finishes walking out and closing the door. 
 
*****
Meanwhile the bangtan boys have no idea where you went and why. "Is she cheating on you?" Yoongi asks suddenly very curious in their conversation. "No. He's in her dance group for gym and also in her art class." Jungkook replies. "Where would they go then?" Namjoon asks. "I don't know. Maybe they're practicing their dance." He says positive that's it. "Why is Mark and Youngjae out here then?" Jimin asks. "How do you know they're in her group?" Jungkook wonders. "She told me." He says simply.
 
Jungkook may seem fine but inside he's really worried. 'She wouldn't cheat on me would she?' He thinks. The more he worries about this he also worries about her brother. If he knows that Jungkook isn't with her and doesn't know where she is he might disapprove Jungkook of being her boyfriend. He shakes his head and decides to text her. 
 
Where are you? I'm worried, please text me back asap.
 
Nothing. She probably turned off her phone but why would she?
 
*******
 
It's been one hour and the clock says 4:30, just one more hour to go. I learned so many new things about Josh just by talking to him in detention. "Hey, we should play a game?" He suggests. "Like what?" I ask. "Truth or dare." He responds. I nod my head. "Okay truth or dare?" He asks. "Uh dare." "I dare you to touch the ceiling by putting a chair on one of the desks." "Well that's not that hard." I say getting up. I put a chair on a desk and climb onto it, it cause the ceiling in this room in high and I'm not the tallest. I try jumping but instead I fall down. I close my eyes expecting to break my back but I feel something soft and warm. 
 
Josh pokes my closed eyelid. "Yah, open your eyes." He says. I open them and see he caught me. I blush hard feeling embarrassed. "Put me down." I say. He puts me down and grabs the chair from the desk placing it on the ground again. "Maybe that wasn't the best idea." He says. "No not really."