Chapter 2

Life is difficult
I open my eyes and move to the side but my back hurts a lot. Oh yeah, I fell asleep on the floor. I wonder how long I will rebel. I sit up and groan, maybe the bed would've been smarter. I take a long hot shower, get changed and eat a banana. Then I go outside to the bus stop, I'm one of the first people picked up and dropped off which is weird but whatever. The bus comes and Jungkook hasn't arrived. I assume he's getting a ride and just proceed getting on. I sit in the middleish seat and listen to music. I close my eyes and slowly doze off. 
 
You might not believe it but when you sleep on the ground you don't sleep as much as usual. A little while later more people are on the bus so I keep my eyes open. Jimin climbs on the bus and I thought for a second he would sit with me but he sat with Yoongi. At least I know all of their names already. When we arrive at school I go straight inside to the gym to talk to the teacher. I tell her I hurt my back and I can't do gym. She says I have to because no one else is good at the sports and I'm interesting to watch. What a strange teacher, sighing in defeat I go to the change rooms. I put on my gym clothes and return to the gym. 
 
Gym and art went by fast and it's already lunch. My back hurts even more from doing gym but I try to ignore it. I sit down by my locker and eat an apple, when I see Jungkook walking towards me.  "Where were you?" I ask. He sits down and sighs. "I overslept. How was gym?" He says. "It . I told the teacher my back hurts but she said I had to play because I'm interesting to watch." I explain. He looks shocked and then pats my back. "Bring a note." "Are you kidding? Did you not listen to what I told you yesterday? My parents would never even talk to me so no thanks I'd rather be in pain." I say getting up and walking away.
 
Jungkook follows me and grabs my wrist turning me around. "Mia, I'm sorry. I didn't remember." He says. "It's fine Jungkook. I have to go." I say and turn around leaving. A tear rolls down my cheek as I walk down the hall. I wonder if he actually listened to everything I told him or not. It doesn't matter if he doesn't care that's his problem not mine. Or is it? I stop thinking when I bump into Dean. "Why are you crying?" He asks. I shake my head and wipe my tear. "It's nothing. How's rugby?" I ask. "It's great, I think I'll be on the team but that does mean more practice." He says. "That's okay. They want me on the soccer team when that starts." I explain. His buddies walk by and he ignores me to talk with them. I roll my eyes and continue walking.
 
The rest of the day was boring except I realized that Yoongi is in my math class. I sit down by a tree with my headphones in waiting for the bus. Someone sits beside me and I see it's Jimin. I pull out one earphone and look at him. He's also listening to music. I turn back and relax, when the bus comes everyone gets on. I sit alone until Jungkook flops next to me. I take out my headphones and turn off my music. "Why are you sitting with me?" I ask. "You're my friend and bus buddy. Right?" He says. I sigh and smile. "Right." I respond. 
 
We get to my stop and we both get off. "I'm going to my house to talk to my parents. I'm going to try and make them stop. I'll call you later." I tell him and he nods his head and walks away. I go inside my house and they're fighting of course. I stand in between them and yell "stop!" They both look shocked at me. "Honestly just stop. Do you even know what you're fighting about? You guys are literally bad parents, every time you fight you send me to aunts. Well not anymore because I'm staying here from now on. If you don't like it, then leave because honestly I hate you too and I can't stand it here." I say feeling happy I told them all of this. First they look at me shocked and then my dad raises his hand and strikes me across the face. 
 
I fall on the ground in pain. "Don't ever think of talking to us like that again." He says and they go to the living room continuing their fight. Well that didn't work. I get up and go to my room, now I'll have a bruise what will people think then. That I'm abused or it was my boyfriend. I lay down on my bed and touch my face. God that hurts, I close my eyes and fall asleep. The next morning I get up still wearing my clothes from yesterday. I go in the shower and keep my hair loose so no one will see my bruise as much. I look in the mirror and am shocked by how bad that looks. It looks like I've been beaten which technically is true. 
 
I put on black jeans, white shirt, white converse, and a blue hoodie overtop. I look through my closet until I find my favourite SnapBack. I put it on and feel a bit better but when I slightly touch my face or move it I feel pain. I decide to skip breakfast and sit on my bed grabbing my phone. I have 20 missed calls from Jungkook along with 34 texts. Most of them say: are you okay? What happened? Are you coming to school? Talk to me, Mia. 
 
Well he is a caring friend, I get up and grab my bag. I swing it over my shoulder and walk to the bus stop. I pull my hood over my face and see Jungkook coming over to me. I look away to hide my face but he stands in front of me. "Mia, what's wrong? I thought you would call me." He says worried. I pull off my hood and he gasps while looking at my face. "I tried to make them stop but my dad hit me. I don't know what to do." I explain. I want to say more but he pulls me in s tight embrace. "I'm sorry Mia. I wish I could help you but....." He says. "It's okay." I say pulling out of the hug, "I'm fine. Just don't tell anyone alright?" He nods his head. "Alright." He responds.
 
I put my hood on again and we get on the bus. The whole day I avoided people because I didn't want to be seen. Jungkook stayed with me between classes and at lunch which made Dean a bit jealous but right now I don't care. He will survive one day without me, the only problem is I have my last class with Jimin. I'm walking down the hall with Jungkook to my last class. "Hey after class meet at my locker." I say. "Okay I'll see you then. Good luck with Jimin and let me know if you tell him anything." He says. "Okay bye." I walk in the class and take a seat. 
 
Class ended and Jimin wasn't there which I was happy but also sad about. We had a partner activity and I was alone which , but he wouldn't be able to see my face so okay. I meet Jungkook at my locker and we head outside. We take the bus home and I go straight to my room. My dad and mom come in my room and I sigh deeply. "What do you want?" I ask. "We're getting a divorce and you need to decide who you're living with." And right then my world crumbled to pieces.