Chapter 27

Life is difficult
Mia's POV:
 
Jungkook and I go to the gym and I talk to the teacher, I'm not allowed doing gym for another while until I get doctors approval. I still have a concussion so I need to be careful and since we're playing basketball I should sit out. I sit in the bleachers and when the bell rings the whole class comes in. Most people looked shocked to see me but Josh runs up to me. 
 
"Mia, I was so worried. I didn't know what happened to you, I thought you switched schools or something. You're boyfriend always looked so sad." He says. "I'm fine, can we talk later?" I ask. "Art?" I nod my head smiling. Then Billy sits next to me. "I have to sit out as well." He sighs and shows his arm in a cast. "How'd that happen?" I ask him. "Long story." "I'll listen." I say and he smiles. The teacher gathers all the kids together puts them in teams, and let's them play fifteen minute games. Billy and I are timing them. 
 
Billy's wearing a grey hoodie, black sweatpants and his usual cap. I swear he has something with caps? Billy always reminded me of Harry Potter, he has circular glasses, not full circles but you know they look good on him. I wouldn't be able to pull that off, I don't think anyway. "Hey, can I try on your glasses?" I ask him. "Sure." He hands them to me and I put them on. "Is this even a prescription I can see perfectly through them?" I ask. "It's for far away and yeah I'm pretty blind. Usually people can't see through them, you should see an optometrist." He says. I give them back to him and lean back against the bleachers.
 
"This is actually really boring." I sigh, "why don't you tell me that long story of yours?" "Right, it was during our dance performance. Jungkook wanted to do a flip which was fine but I had to do it. They let me stand on their hands and held me up, I had to jump off into a flip. We practiced a few times and it was alright I guess but then I did the flip and broke my arm." "That's sounds really painful." I tell him. Gym class ends half an hour later and Billy and I exchange phone numbers. 
 
When I get to the hall Josh is waiting like he always does, I also see Mark talking to some friends. I tell Josh to wait a minute and head over to Mark, I pull him out of the group to the side. "I need to talk to you at lunch." I say. "Alright, I'll be in the caf." He replies. I nod my head and go to Josh so we can go to art class. 
 
We're watching a movie like Josh said so we can just talk to each other. "Well, what happened?" He asks. "This guy captured me because my parents have lots of hidden gold. Only my brother knows where it is so when he came to save me it was all a trap. Jungkook tried to protect me which wasn't smart, I jumped in front of him or he would've gotten shot. Then I got shot and had to stay in the hospital." I explain the dreadful story. "Are you sure you're okay now?" He asks me. I nod my head. The rest of class we talk quietly until the bell rings and we go to lunch. 
 
"I have to go talk to some people, I'll see you later." I tell him and he nods his head. I put my stuff in my locker and grab money. Jungkook comes to my locker and pecks my cheek, I look at him and he just smiles. "Let's go?" We head down to the cafeteria and I buy a salad, we sit down at the table where all the guys are. "Watch my food. I'll be back." I tell Jungkook and I stand up heading over to where Mark is sitting.
 
"Can we talk now?" I ask. He reaches his arm out pointing to the quad and we walk outside to sit on a bench. "I wanted to say I'm sorry. I never should've assumed you were bad, instead I could've tried to be nice to you." I say. "Why're you apologizing so suddenly? What happened?" He asks. Then I decide to tell him the whol story Jackson told me about him and then my kidnapper. "I don't know what to say." He says. "I am saying sorry for assuming and I hope we can still be good friends." I tell him. "Of course we can." He pulls me in for a hug and I hug him back. Feels good to have a proper friend again.
 
"So, why did you tell me to watch out for Jackson anyway?" I ask him. "I thought he was part of the gang that hurt your family. I only know about your family though because well, I'm your cousin." He explains. "What?" I ask. More family is being added one by one, soon enough Jungkook is my grandpa. Just kidding not possible, I hope not anyway. "I'm your cousin that's why I know everything about you and your family. Our families were close and when my friends and I beat up your brother he hated me, I don't think he'll be able to forgive me ever." He says. 
 
Mark and I continue talking about the past and Jackson until the bell rings. "Oh , I'm gonna be late. Time flies by fast." I say. "Yeah, uh here's my number if you need anything at all just call." "Alright thanks here's mine." I hand him a slip of a paper. I rush to my locker and grab my bag, quickly making my way to class, math is always in the basement though and my locker isn't. I make it just in time and sit next to Yoongi when I realize I forgot my textbook and my bag only had my notebooks. 
 
The teacher lets me go grab my stuff so I run back to my locker, by the time I grab my book and head back I begin losing my breath. The world is spinning and I feel as if I'm going to faint. Someone grabs my arms and holds me up straight. I turn to look at the person. "Billy." I gasp.