Chapter 21

Life is difficult
 
"Are you ready?" Jungkook asks me as I'm waiting for my name to be called. It's track and field day and all the other grades have already gone for hurdles so Ik just waiting for the grade twelve names to be called. I nod my head to him and give him a faint smile. He pats my head and the announced calls the grade twelve names who are going to run hurdles. The rest of the boys come over to us and pat my back. "You can do it." Jin says. 
 
I walk over to the hurdle starting line and stretch my muscles, the other kids next to me do the same thing. We get into our positions and the horn blows. I run calmly and jump over all the hurdles not knocking down any of them. In a minute and a half I start to speed up my pace as were close to the finish. I cross the line first with the shortest amount of time. I bend over putting my hands on my knees to catch my breath, I haven't run that long in a while since I was sick. "And the winner for grade twelve is Mia. Congratulations!" The announcer shouts through the mic, "now all the grades winners will compete in ten minutes to see which grade wins hurdles." 
 
I sigh knowing I have to run that again, my legs are starting to feel sore already. I take a seat grabbing a heating pad and placing it on my sore muscles. I take a drink of water and eat a nutrition bar. Jungkook sits on the grass next to my chair and rubs my arm. "You okay?" He asks me. "Just a bit sore. I'll be fine, don't worry I'll win this for our grade." I respond. "Either way you get a medal for being first in grade twelve." "Yeah I guess." Ten minutes pass and I get into position again waiting for the horn to blow.
 
The horn blows and I keep my calm pace jumping over the hurdles, once I start to speed up close to the end my foot gets stuck in one of the hurdles. I fall over bringing the hurdle down with me, my foot stuck in it. I cry out in pain as my foot twists, I'm afraid I've sprained it. The other contestants pass by me but one of them stops and comes over to me. "Does it hurt a lot?" He asks. I nod my head. "I think it's sprained. Can you help me up?" I ask. He loosens the hurdles off my foot and pulls me up. 
 
"What grade are you in?" I ask. "Grade ten, it's fine I don't really want to win. There's always next year." He responds reading my mind. I'm wondering where Jungkook is right now but I think my foot is my priority right now. The boy brings me to the first aid tent where I sit down on a chair putting my foot up on another one. The nurse wraps up my foot telling me it's just a sprain but to just take it easy. I thank her and the boy helps me back outside, to the 100m dash lineup.
 
I know the boys and Jungkook are going to run this so I might as well wait here. "Is it okay if I leave?" The boy asks. "Yeah I'm fine. Thanks for watching me and leaving your spot." I say and he nods his head. I watch the 100m dash race between the grade twelves and out of the boys Jimin won the race. They all spot me and sit around on the grass. "Toki, what happened to your foot?" Jungkook asks. "I sprained it during my race but I'm fine." I assure him. "I didn't even see that, we had to leave to prepare for our race." He tells me. "It's alright." 
 
Jimin races again and wins letting grade twelve go to victory, I just hope because of my mistake we still might have a chance to win. "Grade twelve won everything but hurdles, we have discussed this thoroughly and decided to give the win for hurdles to Mia from grade twelve. She may have not won the second round but the first she did and she was far off in the lead until she tripped. Congratulations this year grade twelve has won!" The announcer explains. 
 
Namjoon pats my back and smiles at me. "Good job, I knew we'd win cause of you." He says. "Thanks." I reply. The day ends and Jungkook helps me get outside to the front of the school. "Can I just stay the weekend with you?" I ask him. "Why? So Jackson won't freak out and keep you home." "Well, yeah but wouldn't you rather see me. Maybe I just want to spend time with my boyfriend." I say then sitting up and kissing his cheek. His face flushes a deep red and so does mine since the boys just witnessed all of that. "S s sure you can stay with me." He stutters.
 
We take the bus home and Jungkook wraps his arm around my waist helping me walk home. I feel warm and safe with his arm around me, I wish we could just stay like this. He lets me sit on the couch and lifts my foot up on a pillow. "I can't believe you sprained your ankle." He says. "What? It got stuck in the hurdle making me fall over, I was lucky that one kid helped me up and took me to the first aid tent. I was actually looking for you to appear but I couldn't find you." I explain. "It's okay toki. Next time I'll be there for you." He assures me wrapping his arm around me pulling me close to him. I rest my head on his chest feeling his heart beat at an incredibly fast pace probably the same as mine right now. 
 
We stay like that for a while and watch tv until his mom comes home from work. "The two lovebirds, it's so cute." His mom exclaims, "oh Mia what happened to your foot?" "I fell while running hurdles and twisted it." I tell her. "I'd suggest you keep ice on that." I nod my head. "Jungkook, your father hasn't been doing well so we've decided to take him to a special hospital in Switzerland. I'm going with him and we will be staying there for a while. Mia would you mind keeping Jungkook company while we're gone." She says. "Of course, I hope mr Jeon gets better." I reply. "Thank you dear. I'll leave you two then, we'll be leaving tomorrow morning Jungkook." She says going upstairs.