Chapter 4

Life is difficult
The next few days were the same, wake up, go to school, come home and sleep. I acted normal but Jungkook and his friends knew I wasn't okay. When I was alone with Jungkook I would smile and laugh and not care about any worries. But when alone at night I cried and couldn't sleep, Jungkook noticed the bags under my eyes but said nothing. I know I'll be okay if I try. 
 
This morning I woke up again in a miserable state. I took a shower trying to wash away the redness by my eyes. Then I got changed and went to the kitchen to eat breakfast. When I finished Jungkook came downstairs dressed in black jeans and a white v neck shirt. I said good morning at him and watched him make him food for himself. "You already ate?" He asks. "Yeah I did. I'm glad it's Friday, don't want to go to school for a long time. It's only been one week and I feel dead." I say. "You'll be fine. How's it going with Jimin?" He asks me. "What do you mean?" I ask back. "Nothing. Let's go to school." 
 
The whole ride to school all I could think about is what he meant by Jimin. I don't like him or anything but maybe it seems like I do. Oh, awkward. Jimin takes me out of my thoughts by tapping my shoulder. "Yeah?" I ask. "I didn't do all the science homework. Can you meet me in the library at lunch and help me?" He asks. "Sure." I reply and stand up getting out of the bus. 
 
First two periods went by fast which is good since I'm starting to not like sports anymore. I used to always play sports with Dean and he would help me get better but now I don't want to think about that. I tell my teacher I'm not doing soccer and she seems shocked but is fine with it. I'm walking down the hall with Jungkook right behind me. "Why did you quit soccer?" He asks grabbing my arm. I turn around and hug him. He acts shocked but then wraps his arms around me. I let go and look at his face. "What was that for?" He asks after a while. "I needed a hug. I have to go help Jimin with his homework now." I say and he nods his head. "If you finish early I'll be at your locker." "Okay." I say and turn to leave but he hugs me one more time and then leaves.
 
I smile as I walk to the library and spot Jimin. He's sitting by himself at a table looking over a textbook. I sit across from him and tap the desk. He looks up at me and smiles. "Well, is this your homework?" I ask. "Yeah I understand everything but one question. Can you help me?" He asks. What a cutie, he needs my help. "Of course I can." I say. I help him understand the question and write down a proper explanation, then we just sit and talk. 
 
"How it's going with Jungkook?" He asks. What the heck, Jungkook asked the same thing to me this morning. "What do you mean?" I ask. "Well, are you guys a thing or what?" "Jimin, he's just a good friend of mine, we've only known eachother for a week. And my boyfriend only just broke up with me so I'm not ready for a relationship. I'm done with boys for now." I explain. "For now huh?" He asks smirking. "Yeah for now. Since we're done I'm going to Jungkook, see ya." I say standing up and leaving. "Bye." He mumbles.
 
I sit next to Jungkook by my locker and rest my head on his shoulder. "Why is life so annoying and difficult?" I ask him. "I don't know, but I know someone who makes life annoying and difficult." He replies. "Really? Who?" I ask. "Look down the hall." He says and I turn my head to where he said to look. I see Dean talking with the head cheerleader of our school and the biggest snob there is. Wow, so compared to me she's beautiful. I look back at Jungkook and he has a sad expression on his face. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't of let you look." He says. "It's okay. I don't need him, I have you right?" I respond. "Right." He says and I put my head back on his shoulder. 
 
In science Jimin got a good grade for his homework and I was really happy for him. He thanked me about a million times and won't stop. "Thank you Jessie. You're the best, if you ever need my help with anything I'm here for you." He says after class finishes. "Okay I'll let you know if I need help. But can I have your number then or I can't contact you?" I ask. "Sure." We give eachother our numbers and go outside to wait for the bus.
 
The whole group of boys come to us and start talking about their days. "Hey Mia, did you hear that Dean slept with the head cheerleader?" Namjoon asks me. "What?" I ask. "He slept with her and she told the principal. Now he's suspended for a week." Jin explains. I look down and think about all of this. What a jerk, why would he do that to her? It's not like I like her but why? And I saw them talking today but it didn't look like a friendly conversation. "Good for him. Where's Jungkook?" I ask. "He has soccer practice." Jimin informs me. "Oh, I totally forgot. I'll be back, text me if the bus comes." I say running to the gym changing rooms. 
 
I enter the boys changing room not caring what they think, and spot Jungkook. I go up to him and hug him even though he's shirtless. "What are you doing here?" He asks. "I'm just wishing you good luck." I respond. "Oh well thanks. I need that. Look at all these guys they're pros." He says a little worried. I look around the room and see very muscular guys but Jungkook is also pretty muscular. I start blushing when looking at him. "Put your shirt on." I say and he notices my blush. "If you say so." He puts on his shirt and cleans up the rest of his clothes. I kiss his cheek and wish him good luck again. "Bye." I say and walk out of the changing room blushing and smiling.
 
I return to the guys right when the bus comes and we get on. I decide to sit by myself but Jimin plops down next to me. "Do you want to come to my house?" He asks me. "Sure." I reply. We talk the rest of the ride home and then get off at his stop. "I live close." He says. "Okay." When we get to his house we go up to his room and sit on his bed. "So, what do you want to do?" He asks. "It's your house. Shouldn't you think of something to do?" I respond. He shrugs his shoulders. "I don't know. My house is pretty boring but since my parents are gone I do enjoy having company." "Oh okay, well earlier Jungkook asked me how it's going between me and you. Do you have any idea what he meant?" I ask him.
 
He looks a bit confused at first and then sighs. "I'm not sure but I thought you and Jungkook were together. I guess not." He explains. "No we're just friends. He's been helping me out through some problems I had." I tell him. "Okay, well enough with the Jungkook talk. He's not here it's just you and me. Let's watch some tv." He suggests. We go down to the living room and watch tv. A couple hours and three seasons of kdrama it's time for me to go home. "I should be going." I say getting up. It's already six o'clock and I know for sure Jungkook will be home. I text him saying I'm coming home and he says he'll pick me up. 
 
"Do you want me to walk you home?" Jimin asks. I shake my head. "No that's okay. Jungkook is coming to pick me up." "Are you sure nothing is going on between you two?" He asks. "I'm sure. Its just I'm staying at his house this weekend so that's why he's going to pick me up." I explain. "Okay. Well we'll just wait." He says pulling me to the couch and making me sit down again. In a couple minutes Jungkook knocks on the door and Jimin invites him in. "My parents came home and they have dinner ready so let's go." Jungkook tells me. "Okay bye Jimin." I say giving him a hug. Then I turn and walk out the door with Jungkook.
 
As were walking down the street he grabs my wrist and turns me to face him. "Now that my parents are home we can look for apartments or you could just stay living with me. I've gotten used to it." He says. "I don't know Jungkook. It's only been a week, I think I just need to be alone for a while." I explain. "I understand but if you need to talk to anyone I'll be here." He says. "Alright let's go." I suggest, "it's getting cold." I grab his hand and pull him along to his house. 
 
When we get to his house, I meet his parents who surprisingly like me a lot. They want me to stay but I really need time alone, they understand and then we go to sleep. As I'm laying in my bed I think about everything that's been happening this week. My parents are getting divorced, my boyfriend dumped me via text, and I have two guys who both think I'm together with one of them. The worst part is that they're friends, well that was the worst first week of school ever. I close my eyes and slowly drift off in a peaceful sleep.
 
The next morning Jungkook and I wake up early to look for apartments. There are lots of apartments for sale just down his street so we start there. They aren't too expensive and they are already furnished as well. I find the perfect apartment with two bedrooms, one for a guest and one for me. I talk to the realtor while Jungkook inspects the house. "I'm sorry miss, but because you are only seventeen you would have to live with someone for a year until you can live here by yourself." The realtor explains. "Oh okay, if I come back in a week with a room mate can you promise it's mine?" I ask. He nods his head. "One week." He says. I thank him and head outside with Jungkook. 
 
We decide to walk around the park and talk about the apartment. "Well, don't keep me waiting what did he say?" Jungkook asks. "I have a week to find a room mate to live with me." I say and he looks confused, "since I'm seventeen I'm too young to live by myself. So I need to live with a room mate for a year and then I can live by myself." "How are we gonna do this?" He asks me. "I'll just put the apartment online and ask for a room mate, preferably close to my age." I tell him and he nods his head. "Okay but now, let's go eat somewhere I'm starving." I agree and we go to a restaurant and eat some lunch. 
 
After lunch we sit in the park and enjoy the nice fall weather but my phone beeps, Jimin sent me a text.
 
Do you want to hang out again today?
 
I'm not sure I can today. How about tomorrow?
 
Sure do you want to watch a movie?
 
Okay just tell me the time and place tomorrow.
 
Alright see you later :)
 
"So, you're going to watch a movie with Jimin tomorrow?" He asks me. "You know it's rude to read other people's text messages." I mumble not looking at him, "we're just friends, you don't have to worry." "I know you are, it's just I know Jimin is a great guy but he's had plenty of girlfriends and it never ended well." He tells me. "Oh, well I'm not planning on dating now anyways." I say and we head home.