Chapter 16

Life is difficult
I slowly open my eyes feeling very cold, I sit up rubbing my arms with my hands which doesn't help since my hands are also cold. The clock says it's one in the afternoon, Jungkook should be here soon. I hear a knock on the door and go to open it. Jungkook smiles while looking at my tired self, he opens up his arms and I slowly rest my head on his chest. He wraps his arms around me making me feel warm and nice inside. Thanks Jungkook. He closes the door and grabs my hand leading me to the couch. He sits down letting me lay on his lap, wrapping a blanket over my cold body. "Sleep some more, I'll wake you in an hour." He whispers and I fall asleep with him combing my hair with his fingers. 
 
An hour later Jungkook wakes me and I feel a bit better. "Why don't you go take a shower and get changed. I'll wait here and make some lunch." He suggests. I go to my bathroom and look in the mirror. Then I scream. "Aaaah!" Both Jungkook and Jackson come into the bathroom shocked and looking at me. "What's wrong?" They both ask. "You could've told me I look horrible. I'm a monster." I complain. "Oh." Jackson turns and walks away. "Jungkook." I whine. "You look fine. Now shower." He says calming me down a bit. 
 
I strip down and go into the shower, I wash every inch of my body especially my face. When I finish I put on a pair of ripped jeans and a blue long sleeved shirt. I grab my makeup remover and take off all the makeup I couldn't wash off in the shower then I brush my teeth and hair. I put my hair in a French braid so it will be curly tomorrow. I walk back into the kitchen feeling much more awake, Jungkooks making an omelette while humming to a song. 
 
"Chef kookie." I say while sitting at the bar. "Hmm." He turns around looking over at me. "Ah, you look much better. My pretty toki." He says smiling. I look down hiding my blush and he comes over with the plate. "Eat, then we can go shopping." I thank him for the food and eat really fast since I'm starving. "Woah slow down do you want to choke?" He asks. By his sudden question I look up and then actually start choking. I continue coughing while Jungkook grabs a glass of water and hands it to me. I drink it and calm down. Then I eat some more. "Seriously how can you eat so fast? I knew you would choke." He says. "You jinxed it." I tell him after I finish the omelette.
 
"It was really good chef kookie." He smiles and puts my plate in the dishwasher. "Come on let's go." He grabs my hand and pulls me out the door. We walk to a nearby bus stop and sit on the bench. "Why are we here?" I ask. "I want to take the bus with you. Let's show everyone were dating then maybe they'll stop looking at us." He says. "No I think they'll look at us more if they figure out their suspicions were true." I argue. "Doesn't matter." He replies. The bus comes and we get on, we get off at central station downtown. 
 
Jungkook and I walk around window shopping mostly then walk into an arts and crafts store. I buy some paint supplies and we go back out to the streets again. Jungkook grabs my hand intertwining our fingers, just like yesterday. I lift up our hands and kiss his gently. He looks over at me and then smiles. "We should buy couples shirts." He suggests out of nowhere. "Okay, where do you want to go?" I ask. He leads me to a small clothing store and grabs two shirts. They're both dark blue at the top, then pink and under that white. His has a little dark blue chest pocket while mine has a floral white pocket. Mine also has open shoulders where it's been tied leaving a small whole around your shoulder.
 
We both try them on and to be honest I think we look really cute in them. "Let's wear this to school tomorrow." He says smiling. "Whatever you want kookie." I respond. He grabs and takes a selfie with me wearing the shirts, then we change and he goes to pay for them. As were walking out of the store he gives me a serious look. "Remember if you want to wear the shirt tell me you're going to wear it." He says, "we don't want to look like fools do we?" I nod my head smiling. We go back to the bus stop and head home or Jackson will be worried. 
 
I open the front door and he crashes into pushing me and Jungkook to the ground. "What was that for?" I ask. "I told you to tell me where you are when you're gone." He says worried helping me up. He leaves Jungkook so I sigh and pull him up. "Thanks." He whispers. "I'm sorry, but we were just downtown buying things for my project and enjoying life." I say a little rude but I can live my life can't I? He sighs and looks apologetically at me. "Look. I'm not trying to stop you from living your life  but there's dangerous people looking for you and me. I just don't want you to get hurt." He says. I take a step towards him and give him a tight hug. "It's okay, next time I'll tell you where I am." I whisper. He kisses my head and let's go. 
 
"You two have fun. I'll be home for dinner, oh and the lab called the tests are done. I can pick them up if you want?" He asks. "Okay, I'll see you tonight then." I reply. Once he leaves Jungkook plops down on the couch putting a pillow on his face. I grab my easel with the drawing and place it in the living room, then grab the paint supplies and put it on the table. "Sit up." I say to Jungkook who looks like he fell asleep. Reluctantly he sits up and fakes a smile. "You don't have to smile. I just have to paint what you look like." I tell him. He frowns and I start painting. After about an hour or so I finish painting and clean everything up. Jungkook falls over on the couch and closes his eyes. 
 
"Don't go to sleep, we still have to eat dinner." I say and he shoots back up. "I'll make it for you, we're going to have kimchi noodles. It's my famous Korean dish and you'll love it." He says going to the kitchen. "First, let's buy some things for this so I can make it." I write a note for Jackson saying we'll be at the store, then follow Jungkook out to his car. We drive to the grocery store and grab a cart when entering. Jungkook grabs everything he needs but seems to be forgetting something. "Okay hang on. I have kimchi ramyun package,garlic powder, sugar, green onion. Right I need eggs, do you have any at home?" He asks. I shake my head. "Do you not eat anything at all?" He asks. "I just never go shopping really." I respond. 
 
He grabs eggs and pays for everything at the cashier. We get the bags, put them in the car and drive home. "I'll teach you how to make this so watch carefully." He says while driving. "Alright kookie."