Chapter 13

Life is difficult
I sit on the couch with Jackson and I look at him fiddling with his fingers. "You go first." I say. He sighs and says alright. "Okay I know this may be a little weird but I'm your brother. And the parents you just left are not your parents." He blurts out. My eyes widen in shock as I have no idea what he is talking about. "What the hell are you talking about? Why should I even trust anything you say?" I ask basically shouting at him. "Just let me explain everything alright?" He asks pleading almost begging me. I nod my head. "Go ahead, but I might not even believe a word you say." I say.
 
"Alright, well like I said this is really weird. I was born in Hong Kong and my parents were really happy but my mom wasn't actually Chinese. Two years later they had you and like our mom you looked more white. Then of course the worst thing had to happen. I was five and you were three years old, There are some pretty bad gangs in China, they murdered our parents and you and I were sent to an orphanage. Since you were still really young and they thought you were adopted they sent you to an orphanage in Canada. I was left all alone but knew that some day I would find you. I was adopted by a Canadian family on vacation in China. They brought me back to Canada and I lived my life knowing that I was safe here and you probably were as well. Now, my parents are going to move to China so that part was only half of a lie. They're leaving and that's when I started looking for apartments. I'm done school and need to live somewhere, so one day I was going home from work I bumped into these guys. I had no idea who they were but they clearly knew who I was. They called my name and I ignored then they beat me up while shouting things in my face. They knew who I was and they knew where you were, they said that they'll kill both of us just like our parents. I assumed they were a separate part of the gang that killed our parent so I tried to fight back but they were with five. I was left alone in the streets. I knew I couldn't go home so I just stayed there till morning that's when I knew I really had to find you or they would hurt you. I looked everywhere and then saw you one day just walking down the street. I wasn't sure if it was you at first but then saw your smile and face it was absolutely my baby sister. I then saw your ad online for apartment roommate, I thought you might recognize me but when we met you didn't know who I was. I should've expected it but I still felt hurt. That's when I moved in with you, you were fine until you came home with a bruise on your face and a broken wrist. I had no idea what happened but I thought it was your fake parents. I did some things and figured out they divorced and your father hurt you. I felt awful knowing what happened to you and that's where JB comes into the picture. He's my really close friend and also works in a secret agency, I told him my whole life story as well and he said he will help if I find you and figure things out about your fake parents. When you got hurt I told him and he said to keep a close eye on you. I did that and now I know so much more about you. I'm sorry I lied to you but I knew if I told you straight away you wouldn't believe me. We can do a test if you want to prove I'm your brother if you want." He finishes explaining the story. 
 
Wow, just wow. It's a sad story but I can't believe it's mine. I didn't know all of this happened to me in the past. I always assumed my parents were my actual parents but I guess not.
 
"I believe you but if anything we have to clear some things up." I say. He looks confused so I tell him the whole story about me getting hurt by those girls and my ex saying things. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asks. "I didn't really trust you yet and it was depressing." I reply. "Alright well can we move on now and start over but this time as brother and sister." He says. I nod my head. "I've always wanted a big brother, oh by the way. Do you know a Mark?" I ask. "Yeah why?" "Well, this Mark at my school confronted me today about breaking up with you and stuff. So I said we weren't even dating and that I lived with you. He said I'm digging my own grave staying with you and he gives you his regards." I explain. 
 
"You should've mentioned that first." He says. "Well clearly your story was a little more important. Who is he?" I ask. "He's one of the guys who beat me up." "What? You got beaten up by a grade twelve kid. Dude, it may have been five of them but still." I say shocked. "Oh shut up. Watch your back, he's dangerous. He could hurt you, make sure your boyfriend is always with you nowadays. Until I clear this up." He tells me. "Alright, why don't we do that DNA test and then eat some food?" I suggest. He agrees and we go to take the test. 
 
The results will come in a week so we can just be patient and wait. In the meantime we both are craving junk food so we go to a nearby McDonalds and eat lots of food. Today has been a long day and now I have to explain everything to Jungkook and the guys so they also understand. Ugh....