Chapter 56

Life is difficult
Mia's POV: 
 
I wake up ready for wrestling today, I turn over to Brian and peck his nose. He wipes his nose and wraps his arms around me. "We have to go to school." I tell him. "You know how much I love hearing your voice first thing in the morning." He says and I smile. "It's been a couple months, you should be used to it." "But I'm not." He replies and sits pulling me up with him. 
 
He pecks my lips and goes to the bathroom to change, I grab some clothes and change as well. I change into adidas pants and a school logo wrestling hoodie, we eat breakfast and go to school. I have wrestling the whole day against all the four champion girls from each school. Brian wants to skip to watch but I told him to pay attention for me, he is coming to visit at lunch when we have a break.
 
We meet up with Josh and Yoongi, who has basically switched groups, he is still close with the guys but likes hanging with us during school. "Are you ready for wrestling?" Josh asks. "I'm ready, should be interesting." I reply. We sit in the cafeteria for fifteen minutes until I have to go. 
 
Brian's POV: 
 
I really want to watch Mia wrestle so all of the guys decided to skip last period so we can watch the finale. In English were doing nothing at the moment so it shouldn't matter. 
 
In drama we sit around doing nothing, the teacher comes in and asks why. "Mia is at wrestling so there's nothing to do." Jungkook explains. "Because you guys are ahead of the other groups already I'll let you go watch. But just this period." She says and we go to the gym. 
 
It smells really sweaty and it's very humid, there's a big ring on one side and two smaller ones on the other side. We sit in the middle so we can watch both at the same time. 
 
Mia's POV: 
 
I competed against four people and won all, I'm off to a good start so far. At around 9:30 I spot Jimin, Namjoon, Jungkook and Brian in the crowd. What are they doing here? It's not my turn for a while so I climb the bleachers and stand on the top step so I can talk to them. They're sitting up high on the top bleachers but I can't climb there. 
 
Brian just stares at me probably because I'm just wearing a sports bra and school shorts. The other guys give me high fives, I smile. "Why're you guys here?" I ask them. "To cheer you on of course." Namjoon states, "the teacher let us go." I nod y, head. "Well, I got nothing to do for now. My next match is in ten minutes, I'll just wait with you guys." I say. 
 
Ten minutes later I wrestle with my component, she was pretty good so the match was long but I still won. The guys cheer the loudest for me and I just smile at them. I sit on the side bench where my gym bag is and take a long swig of water, it's really hot here. The next few matches go back and it's lunch time, the guys come back since they left for period two and it's all of them now. 
 
They sit around and on my bench with their lunches and we eat together. "Wow, you got so many guy friends Mia." Melanie says, she's one of the wrestlers form our team and now a good friend of mine. "Mel, you can eat with us." I tell her, as she sits down I see Yoongi tense up. Strange. Lunch is soon over and Brian pulls me to the side. "Good luck, I'll see you soon. I hope you win." He says and I smile. "Thanks, I'll be fine." I kiss him and he goes. The rest of the guys wish me good luck and Yoongi also says it to Melanie. 
 
We have a couple more matches, I win, then Melanie and I take a short break. I drink my water while she talks about Yoongi. "He's really cute, I think I might have a crush." She says. "Really? He's single and also very shy. It took me months to open him up and talk to him normally. Now we're really close." I admit. "Oh, he seems nice. Introduce me after school." I nod my head. "Alright." 
 
Brian's POV: 
 
In class Taehyung decided to stay behind to write notes, he doesn't really like wrestling anyway and doesn't want Mia to get mad at him. The bell rings and we head to the gym, there's lots of people here to see the finale including Billy. I remember he liked Mia, got to watch out for him. We sit in the higher bleachers in the back so she doesn't see us. This is gonna be interesting. 
 
Mia's pov: 
 
It's last period and as I check to see if Brian skipped I don't see him, good kid. I have two more competitors, one looks east but the other seems like a gang member or something. It's my turn and Melanie wishes me good luck, it's just me and her for first and second now. Whoever wins both is first and the other is second, I don't mind since I'm friends with Melanie. 
 
I step on the mat and face my opponent, in less than twenty second I hold her down on the mat and win. "Wang, Mia wins. The finale is starting in ten minutes." The announcer says. Melanie lost to the other girl so she's second place now, if I win I'm first but if the girl wins I'm third. I don't want that, I sit on the bench and Melanie rubs my back. I look around the gym and spot a familiar face, Yoongi. I go up the bleachers and find all the boys, Melanie follows. 
 
"I said don't skip." I hiss and they look oblivious to what's going on. "We have to cheer you on, if you win you're first. We need to see this." Namjoon says. "Congrats on second Melanie." Yoongi shyly says and blushes right after hiding his face in Taehyung's shoulder. Melanie smiles and I turn to Brian. "You better hope I win, or I'm blaming you for distracting me to make me lose." I say pointing at him. 
 
 He raises his hands in defence as my name is called, I climb down the bleachers and head to the mat. The girl stands opposite me looking disgusted by my existence. We start moving around, a few hits here and there until I'm on top of her pinning her to the ground. The timer starts counting but what she does shocks me. She places her hand under my left hand and pushes as hard as she can upwards, my shoulder dislocates itself and I fall to the side holding. I cry out in pain, as the girl moves over to me. 
 
She presses her hand on my shoulder and pushes it, I cry out louder. No one can stop the match yet. She leans close to my ear and whispers something that scares the crap out of me. "People want you and your brother dead. They're coming for you first ! Enjoy your free time now." She moves away and punches me in the face and then in my hurt shoulder. 
 
I lay motionless on the ground before someone pulls her up and drags her away, Melanie runs up to me and helps me sit up. I hear the crowd shout out that the girl was playing false and she should be disqualified. My couch and Melanie help me up and take me out the gym to the medics in the hall. I sit on a chair and they hand me a tissue for my nose, then they feel around my shoulder. "Yeah it's dislocated for sure, we'll have to relocate it and give you some painkillers." The medic says holding my hand. She counts to three and pushes my arm back into place, I shout out in pain and the crowd in the gym quiets down. Maybe that was a bit loud. "You'll have to keep this for a few weeks, you're arm should be good in twelve weeks." They tell me and I nod my head. 
 
They wrap a sling around my arm to hold it in place, just like when you have a cast. Melanie helps me out of the chair and they give her my painkillers to hold onto for now. We go back in the gym and the crowd silently watches, the announcer comes over to me with a microphone. "Due to injury inflicted, Mia wins by default. The other contestant is disqualified." He says and the crowd cheers. 
 
As everyone is cleaning up, the crowd leaves and all the boys come over to me. "Mia, are you okay?" Brian asks. "I'm good. Just in excruciating pain right now." I tell him, he looks worried but I put my hand on his cheek to calm him down. He holds onto my hand and smiles. "We're still here." Namjoon declares and everyone laughs. The bell rings and we get ready to go home, Brian suggests we should go to Jacksons place. 
 
He drives us there and JB opens the door, looking shocked to us. "Mia, what happened? Are you alright?" He asks worried and I smile. Jackson comes running up to the door and hugs me. "Ow that hurts." I tell him and he lets go. "Sorry, how dare you get hurt." He scolds me. "Actually there's more to it than you think." I say making all of them look confused.