CHAPTER 8 : Provisions (2)

ONE OF A KIND LOVE

CHAPTER 8 : Provisions (2)


----------

(No One’ POV)

Yoona is preparing herself to buy a dress for their ball. She wanted a perfect dress, perfect accessories, perfect shoes and of course, a perfect date. But the last one doesn’t bother her. She already knows her date will be perfect.

“Hmm. Why doesn’t anyone respond to my texts?” She asked herself. “It’s boring to shop lone. *laughs* Why am I talking to myself? Tss.”

She’s ready to go outside when Jiyong called her from the Kwon’s garden.

“Hey date!” he shouted that earned a glare from Yoona. “I mean Yoona! Where are you going?” He smiled.

“I’m going shopping.” She answered. ‘Why don’t I ask him to come with me? It looks like he’s not busy.’ She thought.

“Alone?” She nods as an answer. “No!” He said. You are not going by yourself. Let me just change my clothes and I’ll go with you.” Then he ran up to his room.

“O-Okay-“ She whispered.

She waited for just a few minutes inside the house. ‘I can’t believe he can read my mind.’ She thought while looking on the photos displayed on the living room. ‘At least he asked me first. I hope this day will be good to her.’ She thought. She’s still a little bit awkward when he’s with her but that’s only because…she doesn’t know actually.

She saw a picture where Jiyong is hugging Yuri from behind. “Cute.” She blurted.

“Oh…” She’s holding a picture frame that holds a photo of 8 kids way back 8 years ago. That was the biggest picture displayed there. 

(Imagine the photo with this)

RIGHT – LEFT

Yuri is on the right end of the picture, smiling brightly while holding - Fany’s right hand. She’s showing her best eyes’ smile while holding - Sica close to her, almost hugging each other, smiling with eyes closed. - Tao is holding both of his hands up and showing his most charismatic stare. - Beside him is Jiyong, with his hands on his back, smiling but instead of looking at the camera, he’s looking on his left. - Lay has his wide smile that shows both of his adorable dimples while holding - Yoona’s right hand. She’s happily smiling on the person on her left. - Jaejoong is holding Yoona’s left hand and smiling back at her.

The picture made Yoona smile and at the same time feels sad because of Jaejoong. ‘I miss him.’ She thought.

She didn’t notice that Jiyong is already beside her. He saw her smile turned to something he doesn’t like. ‘Maybe she’s thinking about him again.’ He thought.

*Ehem*

Hearing Jiyong’s fake cough, she immediately put the picture back and then smiled.

“We’re happy back there. Very happy.”

“Really?” Jiyong asked sarcastically. ‘Can’t you see my gazes there?’ He thought. ‘Maybe not. You are busy smiling back at him. Until now it’s Jaejoong, ha?’ he wanted to voice out all of it to Yoona but he knows that it will just ruin the mood, or worst, Yoona will never look at him again.

“Yes! C’mon?” She answered and pulled Jiyong out of the house by his wrist and started walking. Jiyong then pulled Yoona towards his car.

‘Well at least we’re friends again. I’ll force myself to live with that. I’ll try.’ He thought.

“Where’s Yuri by the way? She didn’t send me any reply.” She pouted while fixing her seat belt. “Actually, all the others too. Aish.”

“Stop pouting.” He said while smiling. “Youngbae picked her up early. Maybe he asked her on a date.” He shook his head, not liking the idea.

“You know Jiyong…” She started while looking at him. “Yah! Just look on the road! Geez. I don’t wanna die here. Tss.” She yelled.

“Aish. You don’t have to shout you know.” He yelled back. “What are you going to say to me anyway?”

“Ahmm…About the graduation ball…” She paused, looking at her fingers on her lap.

“What about it?” He quickly glanced at her then concentrates on his driving again. “If you’re worrying about me feeling burdened being your date, then you’re absolutely right!”

“…” She looked at him.

“Hahahaha. I’m just kidding. I know you are worrying that I’m just doing this because your parents asked me to. You don’t have to, I want to experience it too, you know.” He explained.

“*sigh* I’m actually thinking about it.” She laughed. “But if you’re going to be busy that day then don’t go with me. Don’t worry; I can take care of myself. Just don’t force yourself to come when you have something else to do, okay?”

“Aish. Yeah yeah. Fine.”

The ride continues with comfortable silence that made Yoona happy. She’s not really fine when someone’s awkward with her and vice versa.

They arrived at the mall and the first thing that crossed Jiyong’s mind is food.

“Let’s eat. I’m hungry.” He pulled Yoona’s wrist and drag her to the nearest food chain.

“Ouch!” She reacted. She still has the bruises she had from that time.

He stopped and caressed it. He saw the violet-greenish bruise on her wrist. “Damn that bastard.” He cussed.

“N-No. I-I’m okay. It’s okay.” She denied.

He dropped the topic and just stayed close beside her. They entered the Japanese restaurant just nearby the entrance of the mall. She already ate her breakfast but because it’s foods, she can’t resist eating again. 

“So what you want to eat?” He asked.

“Anything. Just be sure it’s your treat.” She demanded.

He smiled at her before walking towards the counter to order the foods. He came back with the tray full of foods. While arranging the foods on the table, he noticed that the guy on the other table is looking at Yoona. He smiled at the guy then glared at him. The guy immediately avoided Jiyong’s gaze. Yoona is busy looking at the foods so she didn’t notice Jiyong’s act.

“You ordered too many Ji.” She complained.

“Tss. You can eat all of that even without me.” He laughed. She just pouted but suddenly smiled when Jiyong started eating. They still eat slowly and quietly.

“Wow! The foods’ great.”

“Yeah. You’re right. C’mon.”  They went out of the restaurant and decide to go to their next stop.

“But hey. What are you doing here anyway?” He asked.

“I’m buying a dress.” She replied while looking from side to side.

“Oh. I see…”

They went in and out if each store but still can’t find the perfect dress she likes.

“Gosh. I’m tired Ji…” She complained.

“You want me to carry you, weakling?” He teased.

“Tss. Let’s take a seat there.” She pointed the chairs in the middle of the lobby and pulled him with her. She noticed that almost every girl who passed them stare at Jiyong and then giggle. ‘Tss.’ She just rolled her eyes at the thought. She’s getting pissed already because for the nth time, same scenario happens right before her eyes. The girl smiles at Jiyong and them he will smile back.

“Are you not tired smiling to everyone?” She asked with an annoyed tone.

He laughed. “Why Yoona? Are you…are you jealous?” he teased again.

“Aish. So full of himself.” She whispered before she smiled. “Of course not. Tss. Let’s eat ice cream.”

Jiyong looked around to find an ice cream parlor by the side. “Okay, wait here.” Then he left. She stared at his back while walking towards the ice cream parlor but immediately turned her head at the girls on her side. They are also staring at him.

“He is so damn hot. With those fitted denim jeans and black long sleeves, he will really get my attention.”

“Don’t forget the cap sissy. He looks like a player. I bet he’s a good…kisser.”

‘Tss. How can they say that? Just because a man is well dressed does it mean that he’s a good…Aish, never mind!’ Yoona thought.

“Have you noticed his lips? Oh my ghaad. It’s so y!”

“If I’m his girl, I’ll definitely kiss him everywhere.”

‘Geez.’ She shook her head. ‘She’s right though. Omo!’ Her cheeks blushed.

She looked back at Jiyong who’s walking his way back to their place.

‘Why is he smiling?’ She asked herself. Then she looked at her right. ‘Hmm, so he’s smiling at the girl who loves his lips, ha? Tss.’ She rolled her eyes.

He sat beside her and handed her the ice cream. She raised her left eyebrow before accepting it. All the thoughts she has earlier with these girls beside them vanished just by the taste of the dessert.

“Is it good?” He asked.

“Hmm…” She nodded.

“Yeah, isn’t it obvious Jiyong?” He whispered.

---

“I know a store that sells very elegant dresses in Seoul. If you want we can go there.” He offered.

“…”

“Let’s just try. C’mon.” He didn’t wait for her to speak. He just pulled her to his car and drove their way to Seoul.

“So you’re a head-turner now, ha?” She asked him with a poker face.

He chuckled. ‘Why is she saying this now?’ He shook his head. “Well, am I ugly? Don’t I have the right?”

“Ugh!” She rolled her eyes at him. “You’re full of guts!” She turned her head on the other side.

“Hahahaha.” He laughed. “Many people used to tell me I’m handsome. It really boost my confidence.” He started. “So I don’t blame them for liking me.”

“Tss. So that explains why you’re smiling at them too?”

“That’s one.” He said. “But of course, I’d be rude if I didn’t smile back at them, you know. I’m just appreciating their appreciation.” He laughed again.

“You are really, really…Ugh! Never mind. You already know what I’m about to say anyway.”

“You can’t blame me Yoona.” He started. “I really wanted to be appreciated by this girl, only by this girl, but it’s as if I don’t exist to her world.” He still smiling but the sadness on his tone didn’t escaped Yoona’s ear.

“S-Sorry Jiyong...” That words from made him looked at her.

‘She knew?’ he thought.

“Yah! Don’t kill us! Geez.” she yelled. “Well, that girl, I think s blind.”

‘Yeah, you are blind.’ He smiled at himself.

“I heard the girl you’re smiling at said that you’re a…you’re…”

“I’m a what?”

“She said that you’re…Aish! Never mind.” But she’s into you, I guess.”

“Who?”

“The short-haired girl. The tall and slim one. She kind of look like a model to me.” She described.

“Hahahaha. Now I can really tell that you are jealous.”

“Tss. Don’t be assuming Jiyong! In your dreams!” She blurted out.

‘Ouch!’ he thought.

“Anyways, I think you should date a girl. If the girl you’re talking about earlier is not into you, then you should just move on.” She started. “Hmm. But…but if you really love her and you don’t want her to be with someone else, if you can wait, then wait for her. *sigh* Nothing’s really easy when it comes to love, you know. Sacrificing is one of its elements.”

He just shook his head. ‘If you just know who she is.’

*sigh* “But how can you say that she’s into me? The girl at the mall.” He asked.

“If looks can melt, I wouldn’t have a driver now that asking me questions. Tss. I bet you’re already melted on the mall’s floor.” She said pouting.

“Aigoo. You sounded like a jealous girlfriend.” He laughed.

“Aish. I’m telling you I’m not jealous. Never! And why do you always accuse me of that? Do you want me to get jealous? Tss.”

“…”

A long silence filled their ride.

-du du du du du du du du du du du du du du-

Yoona picked her phone. “Yeoboseyo…Yeah mom…With Jiyong…Mom! Tss…Yeah…I will…Of course mom!...Bye bye…I love you.” She hung up.

“Tss.” She hissed. He just looked at her quickly.

-naega baram pyeodo neoneun jeoldae pijima, baby… naneun neoreul ijeodo neon nareul itjima, lady-

She looked at the phone beside her. ‘Sulli. He’s ex-girlfriend?’ she thought after seeing the caller’s name.

“Hey Ji. Are you not gonna answer your phone?” She asked him.

“No.” He said. “I don’t want to talk over the phone now.”

“Aish. Then at least tell her to just call you later. Tss. So arrogant.”

Jiyong still didn’t answer his phone; instead, he turned it off.

“You’re mean!” She’s pissed. He just smiled at her.

The ride continues with a comfortable silence.

---

The car parked to side of the road. 

“We’re here.” He said.

She got off the car and went inside the boutique. ‘Wow! Nice shop.’ She thought.

“Omo! Jiyongie!” The girl on her late 20’s called excitedly. “I missed you! Are you still with that brat g- Oh~” she looked at Yoona from head to toe and suddenly hugged Jiyong tightly. “She’s the best decision you have ever made.”

Yoona was left confused with the girl’s act.

“Yah! Noona, calm down.” He pushed the girl off of him. “I want you to meet Yoona.” He pulled the girl towards Yoona. “Yoona this is Dami noonaa. Dami noona this is Yoona my-“

“You’re girlfriend! Oh thank you Good Lord! Jiyong already bumped his head onto something.” She cut him off and hugged Yoona.

“…” Yoona, though still dumbfounded about Dami’s comment, managed to return the hug.

“Yah noona!” He pulled Dami off Yoona.

“Tss. Don’t get jealous Jiyongie. I’m a straight girl, you know. I won’t take her away from you.” Dami said.

“A-Aniyo u-unnie.” Yoona said while waving her hands in front of her face. “-I’m just a f-friend. Hehe.” She continued.

“Oh~” She glared at Jiyong while nodding her head slowly. “Pabo!” She slap Jiyong’s head and then smiled at Yoona. “I’m sorry Yoona…”

“Yah! Why did you do that?” He complained while caressing his head. “Aish.”

“Because you’re an idiot! Anyways,” she looked back at Yoona. “What can I do for you Yoona?”

“Ahmm…I ah…I-I actually n-need a dress…for my graduation ball. I-I hope you can help me find one.” She smiled awkwardly at Dami. ‘This unnie is scary.’ She thought.

“Of course I can! Come with me. I have new arrivals at the back.” She held her hand and pulled Yoona with her.

“Aish. Noona!” Jiyong shouted.

Yoona find the store amazing because of the elegant dresses it sells. Even simple dresses caught her attention.

Dami made her try out every single beautiful dress that they found. Simple to elegant, y to demure, types of dresses and gowns.

Jiyong waited for them on the counter looking at the accessories displayed on the stand.

‘I wonder what kind of dress she’ll wear.’ He thought.

---

After an hour or so, Yoona and Dami went out of the room with a smile.

“So the last dress that you tried is the one you’re going to wear?” Dami asked.

“Yes unnie. Do I need to pay for it now?”

“No…You can pay after it was delivered to you. I’ll be the one to hand it to you or I’ll just tell someone to do that for me. Hehe. Okay, just fill this up.” She handed a form to Yoona.

Dami sat beside Jiyong. “I like her.” She started. “She’s gorgeous, kind, and she’s very funny. She’s everything that Sulli’s not. Hahahaha. If you like her, or more, go! Tell her right ahead before it’s too late.”

‘Just so you know noona, I want to. But I’m late. 7 years late.’ He thought.

-‘She’s waiting for someone, and you know that. Oppa…you’ll just hurt yourself.’- He suddenly remembered Yuri’s words and ruffled his hair. ‘Yuri-ya! You’re making me lose my mood.’ He thought.

“So,” Dami started. Yoona looked at Jiyong so he stands up. “Thank you for visiting my store Yoona, Jiyonggie.” She smiled.

“No worries noona.” He smiled back.

“Thanks for helping me find the perfect dress unnie. See you?” Yoona hugged Dami.

Yoona realized that it’s already 7:15PM and they still need to drive home. So they finally bid their goodbyes to Dami and drive off.

“Jiyong, thanks for taking me to Dami unnie’s store.” She sincerely said.

Jiyong smiled at her. “No problem, weakling.”

It was already 9:30PM when they reached home. Yoona is already sleeping on her seat.

“Aish.” He got off his car and opened the gate and the door of the house.

“Oh Jiyong. Where is Yoona?” Mr. Im asked.

“She’s already sleep in my car uncle. I’ll just carry her inside.”

“You can just carry her straight to her room Jiyong. Wait, I’ll just open the door.”

“Thank you uncle.”

He went back to his car and opened the door on Yoona’s side. He tried to wake her up but to no avail. He carried her bridal style to her house.

“You’re so light. You need to eat more.” He said even though he knows that Yoona’s asleep. 

He entered her room and safely placed Yoona on her bed. He removed her sandals and then kneeled beside Yoona.

“You look so beautiful Yoona. Be happy always.” He said before kissing her forehead. “Goodnight.”

He closed the door of the room behind him and saw her parents smiling at him.

“Thank you Jiyong. Goodnight.” They said.

“You’re always welcome Mr. and Mrs. Im. I’ll go ahead now. Goodnight.” He said.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: here's another update  ,, hehe 

congrats to Bigbang by the way!!