CHAPTER 22 : Unimproved

ONE OF A KIND LOVE

CHAPTER 22 : Unimproved


----------

(No One’s POV)

*May 11, 2k--*

“It’s already 3? 4 days and she’s still like that.” Sica stated the fact.

“Do you think that’s still normal?” Yuri asked worriedly.

“Let’s not force her to recover fast. We all know that wasn’t easy at all.” Tao answered.

“Woah! Where did that came from?” Yuri laughed at him.

“Tss. Lovers.” Sica left them in the living room and heads to the kitchen where TOP and Lay are preparing their lunch.

“Did she eat her breakfast?” Lay asked Sica but she shrugged her shoulders.

“I don’t know, but Jiyong’s inside so probably, she ate it.” She said as she took a bite on her apple.

“Only you and Jiyong have the guts to be alone with her.” TOP said facing Lay. “They are all scared that they will just make the situation more complicated that it already is.” He continued.

“Yeah, and…” Sica swallowed the food. “We’re scared that she’ll just cry when we talk to her about it. Girls will be girls and when we’re alone with each other, it’s either we talk about our crushes or our pains. With her situation, I don’t think we can talk about our crushes.”

“I didn’t hear her cry nor see her cry these past days. That makes it scarier.”

“It’s because she doesn’t want us to see her grieving anymore. She’s showing us that she can be strong, but…” Fany paused. “…but we all know she can’t always act strong. Donghae’s right, it makes me scared more.”

*knock knock*

They heard a knock from outside. Usually, no one knocks on that door except when TOP, Donghae and Yuri come back from Kwon’s residence.

Yuri opened the front door and all of them picked.

“Jae oppa.”

“Yuri can I talk to her?” Jae asked with a sad look in his eyes.

“Jaejoong.” Donghae called him with a serious expresson.

“P-Please…” Jae looks down at his feet. They all know that he’s crying now.

Jiyong saw it as he goes down from Yoona’s room. The others just stood there, not knowing what else to do.

TOP walks to Jae and holds his arm.

“Do you know how much the tension here is?” TOP whispered to Jae. “You shouldn’t show yourself just like that.” He said as he pulled him away.

“They don’t want to see you here, much more, let you talk to Yoona. Just wait until it’s cool.” Donghae added and helped TOP.

When the 3TS are out of sight, Yuri closed the door immediately.

“Woah.” Yuri let out a loud sigh.

They are all hurting or what’s happening to them right now. She can’t help but shed tears for her friends. She loves Jae because he’s her step brother, but he hurt Yoona. She doesn’t know how to handle things now. Not like before, she’s sure everything’s gonna be alright, they just need to talk things out, but these situations make her lose all her might. With all these in her mind, she’s grateful that Jiyong’s there. He hugs her when he saw her crying, he calms her when she don’t know what to do, he makes her believe that soon, all these misery will be over. With Jiyong beside her, she knows she can be at peace.

---

*May 14 2k--*

More days have passed but instead of improving, Jae’s case worsens. He’s bugging everyone to see Yoona every hour despite of everyone’s disagreement.

This time, Jiyong can’t help it.

“Yah! We already said many times, that we don’t want to see you here! What’s wrong with that head of yours?!” Jiyong shouted, loud enough to be heard by Yoona from her window upstairs.

“I just wanted to apologize.” Jae said almost inaudible.

“I don’t want to punch you again.” Jiyong whispered through gritted teeth. “But you’re just a pain on my fist. So back off.” He pushed him.

“You can punch me if you want, as many as you want. I just wanted to talk to her.”

“You’re pathetic Jae, you know that?”

“…” Jae didn’t answer, enough hint for Jiyong to continue.

“You’re the one who said that you don’t love her anymore, not exactly the words you’ve said, but it means the same for me. Tss. Stop playing victim, Jae.”

“Just…Just this once, please.” He pushed Jiyong aside as he tried to enter the house but Jiyong’s reflexes are fast so he grabbed him and pushed him on the floor.

“You don’t get it do you?” Jiyong said. “You don’t have the right.” He turned his back at him but before opening the door, he looked back at Jae.

“Right, you always had the right with her.” He nods. “But you throw it all away just to have fun. You messed up, Jae. Big time.”

With that, Jiyong left him still sitting on the ground. But without them knowing, Yoona saw what happened. She doesn’t clearly hear everything but she’s sure about one thing.

“I love you Jae. So much.”

---

Yoona pretended to like she didn’t saw what happened to Jiyong and Jae earlier. Like what she’s doing for the past days, she faked her actions.

“Guys, I think you need to go back home. You’re already 8 days here. Aren’t you missing your parents?”

“If we go home now, you will never have a rest because I’m sure Jae will bug you to talk to him.” Tao said and Yoona just smiled. “Well, he’s still our friend but I’ll always support who’s right.” Tao added.

“Thank you Tao. I appreciate it but…” Yoona paused. She knows that her friends still don’t want to leave her alone but she still need to think. “…maybe you should think about yourself more than me, right? Few weeks from now we’ll be leaving together in one house. You can continue protecting me there.” Yoona before she laughed.

“Okay. Since our Yoong don’t want us here anymore, we will leave tomorrow.” Lay stated.

“It’s not like that, Lay.” Yoona disagreed.

“Hahaha. I’m just joking Yoong.” Lay ruffled her hair and pulled her for a hug. “You are my princess and your wish is my command.” Lay whispered.

Yoona smiled and hugged him back.

‘I told you, faking don’t and can never solve anything.’ Jiyong thought as he watched Yoona’s every move.

“I’ll be okay, guys. Don’t worry. I can call Yuri anytime, right Yuri?” Yoona asked.

“Ahmm. Why me? I think we’re both just going to cry. Haha.” Yuri awkwardly laughed. “If you want, you can call Jiyong oppa. He’s always available. Right, oppa?”

Yoona looked at Jiyong but was surprised when she saw him grinning.

“What’s with the grin?” Yoona asked.

“Yuri’s right. I am always available. Even if I’m busy, just one call I will make myself available. Exclusively just for you.”

“Aish. Jiyong stop it!” Fany said. “I know how you feel but you look creepy.”

“Why? I’m just telling the truth.”

“Yes you are! Tss.”

“Guys, let’s just eat!” Yoona ended their silly argument and head to the kitchen to eat.

---

They spend the night like any other nights but with a little bit sadness. Everyone knew her reason. They think they should do what Yoona’s been doing all this time, faking. 

Yoona made sure that they all feel secure for her. She’s oblivious about their feelings, except for Jiyong. She thought they really believe her every move. That all the smiles she shares with them are real. But she thought wrong. She’s hurting, Jae’s hurting, and everyone’s hurting. Because seeing your friend fall in love makes you feel in love too as much as he or she feels and witnessing a friend’s heartbreak hurts you too, as much as he or she feels.

The girls are the most stressed. They are emotionally stressed but how can they cope up? They are not facing reality with what they’re doing. They know they should know better, but they can’t, not yet.

TOP and Donghae stayed with Yoona because they feel sympathy. They know its Jae’s fault, but when they think about it, they see wrong about themselves too. If only they tried harder to convince Jae the night of their graduation ball, these things will never end up the way it end up right now.

Tao and Jiyong only think about Yoona’s safety. Nothing else. They are mad at Jae for hurting Yoona and the real reason behind it was because they never thought Jae could ever do that to her, she’s his wimpy. 

Lay have the same mentality as Jiyong but he can’t help but act fake in front of Yoona. He, of all people, should understand Yoona’s feelings. He is very sure that he can’t make everything okay now by stating and rubbing in her face the facts. He’ll only hurt her, and that’s the last thing he wanted to do now.

Yoona, never improved. She cried every night and tonight is just like the others. It’s almost 2AM when she stopped crying but before she closed her eyes, he phone beeped.

---
From: Fany <3

One day, someone will walk into your life and make you see why it never worked out with Jae, Yoong. You just need to open you heart for it. Please, stop crying, ‘cause I can’t stop crying too. Be strong. We love you. Don’t ever forget that, okay? I’m sleepy. Goodnight.
---

Yoona can’t help but smile to the message.

‘Someone will walk into my life…’

 

 

 

 

A/N: THIS IS A SHORT UPDATE, THAT'S WHY, I WILL UPDATE 2 CHAPTERS ^_^

ENJOY!!