CHAPTER 4 : Tamed

ONE OF A KIND LOVE

CHAPTER 4 : Tamed


----------

(Yoona’s POV)

*Monday*

I’m sitting in front of my vanity mirror, preparing myself for school.

“You can do this Yoong! You have to face them.” I encourage myself.

*sigh*

Usually Lay and Fany would walk with me to school but, some circumstances happen. I walk out of our house and as I am locking my door…

“Psst!”

I turned my head to the handsome person… ‘Omo! Did I just call him h-handsome?’

“What is it now Jiyong?” I ask.

“Hmm, nothing. I just wanted to greet you a good morning, maybe?” He slid his hands on his pockets. I think he went on a jogging.

“Whatever Ji!” I roll my eyes at him. “Yuri’s in school already?”

“Yes.” He continued to walk, then stopped and turned to me. “Have a good day at school YOONA!” After mentioning my name, he started grinning at me.

“Yah!” I blurted out! Omo! My face is getting hot again!

After that scenario, I walk to the school alone. I was hoping that I will be seeing one of y friend on the school gate, but no.

When I entered the room, I saw my friends looking at me with a very big smiles on their faces.

“Yoong I missed you so much!” Fany said while hugging me.

“Why are you not answering my calls?” Sica asked with one of her eyebrows raised.

I put down my things on my arm chair before facing her. “Hahaha.” I laugh. “Hold up guys. I missed you too. And you know,” I paused. “I just don’t know what to say, you know, after what happened.” I explain.

“Okay~ We understand..” Fany and Sica said in unison.

‘What’s happening to my friend? They are getting weirder and weirder.’ I thought.

As soon as I sit on my arm chair, Lay poked me on my right shoulder. “Are you alright?” He asked.

“O-Of course I am.. Hehe.” I smile at him.

“But why are you blushing?” Tao asked. “When you entered the door, you’re already blushing. Are you sick again? Did something happen?”

Now, how can I escape his questions? ‘Ottokke?’ I noticed that they are also waiting for my answer.

(Seating Arrangement)
____- Sica - ______
Fany – Yoona – Lay
Tao – Yuri - ______

I hold my cheeks. “Did I put too much blush on? Aigoo.”

They’re still looking at me for a few seconds before they began to laugh.

‘Hoo… I thought I was caught! You are o bright Yoona! Hahaha.’ I am mentally dancing “Gee” of SNSD having a celebration when…

“You can tell me what really happened Yoong.” Lay whispered. “As I can remember, you hate putting any make up on.” And he winked at me.

My subconscious stopped dancing and start to regress.

‘I really can’t hide anything from this guy!’

“Good Morning class!” Mr. Kim greeted. “Our topic for History today is…blah-blah-blah-“

I am actually trying to listen to Mr. Kim but my mind is really flying.

‘Jae will be back soon.’

-‘Don’t go anywhere, neh?’-

“Aigoo.” I hissed as I remember him on his interview.

---

After the first 2 hours of class is recess time. I decided to just stay on the room. I’m just not in the mood to eat.

“Yoong! C’mon.” Sica called.

“No, go ahead. I’m not coming. I just take a rest here.” I smiled at her. “I don’t have the appetite.”

“That’s the reason behind your weak immune system. Look at her,” Tao said while pointing at Yuri. “She’s eating a lot that’s why she’s-“

“What are you saying Tao?” Yuri cut him off and pinched his cheek hard.

“I’m just saying that you are strong! Now, let go!” Tao managed to say straight despite of his stretched face.

“Oh, okay.” She suddenly became soft.

I smiled at them. “You go now guys.” I said, convincing them to go.

“Okay. Just take a rest” Lay smiled at me, no. He smirked at me. I just roll my eyes. I know he knows almost everything. He memorized all my gestures. Even the smallest one! He’s a genius!

---

My subconscious is doing her yoga now, while I’m here in our classroom not knowing what to think anymore. I scowl myself in frustration and rest my head on the armchair.

After 30 minutes, they came back with our Art teacher, Mr. Wu (but he preferred ‘Sir Kris’). He really is very good. Not to mention that almost all of his paintings are sold to different parts of the world. It’s just a 1 and a half class.

Blah-blah-blah-blah

Again, my mind is flying. My subconscious is already sleeping on her bed.

*ring……..*

“At last!” Tao said while stretching his arms up.

“Okay class dismissed. Don’t forget to eat your lunch, okay?”

“Yes, Sir Kris.” Then we bid our goodbyes.

---

We headed to the cafeteria and seated on our table, there are still advantages of being popular on school, I guess.

(Our Arrangement)

Tao – Yoona – Fany 
Yuri – Lay – Sica 

As usual, Tao and Yuri are doing some weird games to decide who will pay for their lunch. Lay and Sica have their homemade lunch, while Fany brought lunch for the both of us! ‘Yay! This girl is really sweet.’

“Here’s your food Yoong.” She placed it in front of me. “Don’t say that you’re not in the mood to eat again or I’m going to push all of that down to your throat! I can be harsh sometimes.” Fany flashed me her sweetest eye smile. And I smiled back.

After eating lunch for about 25 minutes, Yuri started to ask questions.

“Do you know the exact date of Jae’s arrival?” She looked at me. “He never even called us after he announced about hi vacation here.”

“I…I don’t know too Yul. He never called me since he left.” I replied sarcastically. It’s true! He didn’t really contact me. Even just a mail.

“Oh…” Yuri reacted.

“And about what happened last friday…Sica started. “Why did you suddenly left us?”

‘Oh no! This is what I’m afraid of. Interrogation.’

“Yes! I really don’t understand why you reacted that way Yoong!” Tao said.

I give Lay a please-help-me-look but he remained smirking at me, showing his dimples! So cute!

“Yoong!” Fany poked my left shoulder. “Are you alright? Why are you blushing?”

‘OMO!! Am i?’ I thought.

“Hahahaha…” Lay started to laugh hard. I know that’s for me. “I’ll just buy some drinks.” He said and smirked at me again.

‘Wahhhh. You’re a dead meat later Lay!’ I mentally stub him at his back.

“Ahh… Hehe…” I started awkwardly. “Guys…I-ah, I-ahmmm…I was just…embarrassed? You know.”

“Embarrassed about what?” Yuri asked.

“Ah…” I really don’t know what to say to them. I don’t know where to start.

----------

FLASHBACK

They come back to Yoona’s house as soon as they got their things. Yuri and Jiyong arrived first since they just live just beside Im’s residence.

“It’s still early.” Sica said after arranging the whole living room to a big bed room. “What should we do?”

“It’s just 7:45PM.” Tao looked at the clock. “can we use the kitchen Yoong? We’re going to cook dinner.”

“Yes of course!” Yoona answered while finding a comfortable position on the other end of the couch. “Go ahead. Do what you want.” She continued.

“Okay.” Tao pulled Fany and Yuri with him.

‘Aish. These people.’ Jiyong thought.

“I want to help you guys!” Sica shouted while running towards the kitchen.

‘Why is it so awkward here?’ Yoona thought.

“So Jiyong.” Lay said facing Jiyong. “Are you studying here for good or you’re just going for a vacation like Jae?” He asked.

‘Oh please Ji, say that you are just here to have a vacation.’ Yoona hoped with crossed-fingers.

“Ah…Yeah. I already graduated there. So,” Jiyong paused.

Yoona looked down, feeling disappointed by his answer and also fearing for her life. Call it over reacting but what can she do? She had enough of him during childhood. The last thing she really want now is to experience all of it again.

“I’m going to college to here Yuri is attending.” He continued.

“Oh!” Lay reacted. “We already took the entrance exam at SNU. We all 6 are going to the same college. Though of course, different courses.” Lay continued.

“Okay, then I’ll going to take the entrance exam there too.”

“That sounds good. We can live in the same house there! But we need to find a comfortable place to live.” Lay suggested.

‘Not a very good idea Lay!’ Yoona thought.

“That’s great.” Jiyong said. “We are free to do what we want, right weakling?” 

‘Did he called me?’ Yoona thought.

“Hey weakling! Are you deft now too?” Jiyong asked, laughing.

Yoona just rolled her eyes at him. “I thought you’re not gonna bother me Jiyong?” she started.

“I’m not bothering you!” Jiyong defended himself. “I’m just asking.”

“Well that’s not a very good idea!” She faced Jiyong on the other side of the couch. “Now drop that ‘living together’ Lay.” She commanded to Lay who’s sitting between them.

“Yah! Yah! Yah! Don’t you start a fight, okay? You’re still like the old times.” Lay said.

Jiyong just smirked at Yoona then she struck her tongue out to him.

‘So annoying!’ She thought.

‘She looks so cute when she’s pissed.’ He thought.

‘These two! Still so childish.’ Lay thought.

“Hey guys! The foods ready!” Yuri called out.

“C’mon Yoong, let’s eat.” Lay offered.

“Ahmmm. I’m not hungry Lay.” Yoona said. “I ate the ramen and the kimchi you bought me earlier so I’m still full.” She smiled.

“Okay, if you say so.” 

Lay started to walk towards the dining area when Yoona noticed that jiyong is still at the other end of the couch starring at her.

“Yah! Stop starring!” Yoona shouted not looking at him.

Jiyong just blushed. ‘Aish! I am too obvious.’ He thought.

“I-I am n-not! In your dreams weakling!” Jiyong still denied.

“Tss.” She then looked at him. “Then why are you stuttering? Hahaha.” She teased and laughed hard.

Jiyong can’t accept the fact that he loses this petty game so he stood up and headed to the dining area. He stopped when he heard her say, “Don’t blush Ji!”

He looked at her once more. “I am not blushing! Whatever!” then he continued his way to the dining area.

---

“Hey Yoong!” Lay called. “Drink this.” He handed a glass of orange juice to Yoona and sat beside her. “I know you’re just pretending to be okay now that Jiyong’s back.” He started with a very serious look on his face. “But I don’t see any reason for you to feel scared. Maybe he still bully you sometimes, but not the way he did before. So loosen up, ‘kay?” Then he started to laugh. “Hahahaha. I remember the time when he…”

“My gosh Lay!” Yoona cut him off and covered his mouth. “Stop talking about the past.” She said.

“Okay. Okay. Arasso! I’m just cheering you up!”

“Well you’re just making me feel more scared. You’re not helping.” She smiled. “Thank you for the concern Lay. I just don’t know how to handle things right now.” Yoona tighten her grip on her shorts. “But it’s just so sudden. First, Jae will be back. Then now Jiyong’s already back.” She added. “I’ve had enough.”

“You’re still a weakling.” Jiyong suddenly appeared.

Yoona and Lay looked at Jiyong. Lay tapped Jiyong’s back and left the two alone.

He’s still standing in front of Yoona. Awkward silence filled the living room until Jiyong started to talk.

“Look.” He started. He sat beside her and looked at her in the eyes. “Sorry for bullying you many years ago, okay?” He bowed his head. “I can’t promise you that I’m gonna stop because you know, I’m used to it and I missed it.” He paused. “But not to the point that you’ll cry and be hurt. I won’t let that happen again.”

‘Why is he telling me those?’ Yoona thought.

“C-Can y-you…I-ah…” He stuttered.

What they didn’t know is that the others are all listening to their conversation.

“What s he trying to say?” Fany whispered.

“Shhhh…” Tao hushed.

“Is this another way of bullying her?” Yuri said in a low voice. “I swear I’ll knock him down if he does!”

“Shhhh…” Tao hushed again while glaring at them.

“It’s like he’s confessing to her.” Sica suddenly commented.

“”What?! Jiyong likes her?” Tao reacted.

“SHHHH!!!” Fany, Yuri and Sica hushed him.

“Guys let’s just leave them alone.” Lay suggested.

“No! I want to know.” Yuri disagreed.

“Tss.” Lay gave up. ‘They are unbelievable!’ He thought, shaking his head.

“Ahmmm..” Jiyong can’t continue what he was going to say. “*sigh* can you please forgive me?” he bowed.

‘Wha- I thought he’s going to…’ Yoona can’t believe what she was thinking.

“Ahh…Hahahaha.” She laugh awkwardly. “Stop joking, Jiyong.” She withdraws her gaze from him.

“I-I’m not joking weakling.” He said.

“Okay, if you say so.” Yoona just shrug.

‘Fine! I already put my pride aside just to say sorry. That was hard!’ He disappointedly thought.

“Yoong is harsh.” Tao said. Lay just shook his head in disappointment.

“Hahaha..” Yuri laughed quietly. “If he’s going to apologize to me too, I will also give him the same treatment!”

“Don’t be like that to your brother Yul.” Sica felt a tinge of pity for her friend.

“The show’s over. C’mon.” Fany  already walked away. She also can’t believe why Yoona said those. ‘Poor Ji.’ She thought.

---

“Have you taken any medications?” Lay asked before sitting between Jiyong and Yoona again.

“Oh! Hehe. I haven’t. I don’t have medicines here Lay.” Yoona answered. “But don’t worry, I am fine now.”

“You need to take one.” Jiyong stood up.

“Where rae you going?” Lay asked him.

“If you don’t have any meds here, then I’ll buy you one.” And he continued walking outside the door.

“Is he my brother?” Yuri asked herself, confused.

“Of course he is.” Fany tapped Yuri’s shoulder. “He’s still the most arrogant person I know.”

“With a little soft side, I guess.” Tao added.

Yoona and Lay remained quiet.

---

They decided to play ‘Truth or Dare’ while waiting for Jiyong.

It already rained and Jiyong’s not back yet. They are almost done with the game too.

“Yoong. You’re the only one left to ask and oppa’s still not coming back.” Yuri said with a concerned tone.

“Maybe he’s buying some snacks for us too.” Tao said, calming Yuri.

“Calm down Yul. He’ll be back soon. Maybe he’s just waiting for the rain to stop.” Lay added.

The door suddenly swinged open revealing the soaked Jiyong.

“Omo!” Yuri and Sica immediately ran towards him.

“I’ll get some towel.” Yoona ran upstairs to get one.

After changing clothes, Jiyong handed the medicines to Yoona. He’s sitting on the couch now, with Lay.

“Don’t forget to take this, okay?” He said.

“N-Neh.” Yoona answered. “Y-You know you shouldn’t have buy me these. But still,” She started. “Thank you for the effort Jiyong.” She smiled.

“Ehem.” Lay faked a cough. “Let’s continue the game guys. Tao, go.”

“Well, you see you and Yoona are the only two left,” Sica started.

“Yes we know that already.” Tao cut her off that earned a glare from Sica and flying cushions from Yuri and Fany.

“Yah! Geumanhae!” Tao pleaded.

“Hahahaha..Okay. Okay. Let’ do this.” Yuri stopped.

Fany raised her hand. “I’ll ask Jiyong.” Then she grinned at him.

‘Now where is this going Fany?’ Jiyong thought.

She smiled and started, “Being the most arrogant guy I/we know a long time ago, I don’t think you wouldn’t tire yourself just to buy medicine for Yoona, not to mention you still managed to stay calm even after being drenched by the rain.” She paused.

‘What are you trying to say Fany?’ Yoona thought.

“So, why do you care so much for her after so many  years of being away? I mean…You know, giving effort.” She continued.

“Ahhh..” Jiyong started. Everyone’s waiting for him to continue. ‘I don’t know what to say! Aish.’ He thought.

“Ahmm, you know, it’s already dark outside and I just can’t let her buy her own medicines.” He said.

“But we are here too. We can buy her some medicines if you don’t want. It only means that you want to buy her medicine yourself.” Tao blurted.

‘Aish Tao!’ He mentally killed Tao in any way he can.

“Nice try Jiyong. We want to know the truth.” Lay said.

“…” Jiyong said nothing.

“Just say the reason. Yah! Geez.” Sica impatiently said.

“Yah! Just…Just relax okay?” Jiyong started before looking at Yoona. “It’s because…it’s because I want to show weakling that I’ve changed. That I’m not the same Jiyong that only knows how to make her cry. That I can be her friend too. Again. I want to prove that to you Yoona.” He paused and bowed. “I want to be there when you’re happy. I don’t want to be the reason of your tears and fears anymore. I really want to be friend with you again weakling. I can still remember the time when you said that you want me to changed back to my old self and you want me to call you ‘Yoona’ again. So… Can I do that now? Can we be friends again, like we used to?”

“…” Yoona didn’t answer. She doesn’t know how to react to Jiyong’s sudden change of heart. She just looked at him the moment he looked at her. After a few seconds, she stood up and ran upstairs. She closed the door and took a deep breath.

*sigh*

“What’s wrong with her?” Tao asked no one in particular.

“Don’t worry Ji. You should understand her.” Lay said. “She needed time to think about this because you know, you hurt her big time. And she can’t just trust you easily after the last time.”

“I-I understand.” Jiyong said looking down at his feet. “It’s my fault anyway.” He admitted. “So! Let’s just enjoy the night!”

‘Jiyong-ah.’ Fany and Sica both can feel the sadness on his tone.

“That’s what I like about you.” Tao obliviously pulled Jiyong on the mini bar counter besides the dining room.

“Don’t drink too much oppa!” Yuri shouted.

“Tss.” Sica hissed. “Our Yoona should really need to think about this. It’s been a long time. And it’s already time for our clique to be complete after all these years.”

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: did you guys like it?? ^_^

and please do support my story.. thanks !!