CHAPTER 13 : Vacation

ONE OF A KIND LOVE

CHAPTER 13 : Vacation


----------

(Yoona’s POV)

*March 12, 2K--*

I’ve never been this giddy in my life. I know that Jae will be the one for me, the perfect one for me. As crazy as it may seem, I think I can’t live without him now. Yeah, yeah. It’s so sudden for me to say and feel that way but you know, after all those years of loving him…I still can’t believe that he just confessed to me 4 days ago.
 
Having no communication for almost 8 years, here we are, still in love with each other. I feel all giddy when I think of him being in love with me. I thought that he just look at me as little sister. As you can see, I’ve waited for him for years. I’m dumb to wait that long if he doesn’t give me his promise.

-‘Wait for my debut, okay? I’ll be the one of the most admired star in the industry and my inspiration will be you. I hope you are no mad at me for leaving. But I’ll try to keep in touch. When I finally meet my goals, please be my number 1 supporter. Don’t give up loving me, okay? Because I won’t. I promise.’-

So what should I think? I’m sure anyone who has heard those words will hope too, with his promise.

I almost gave up actually. ‘Cause he never keep in touch, like what he promised. He never contacted any of us, even Yuri. I thought he already forgotten about it. He never mentioned my name or even his nickname for me, on his album promotions. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not after the fame or something. I just thought that I’m his inspiration, so I expected that I’ll be one of their acknowledgements. I guess I expected too much.

But suddenly, weeks ago on his interview, he finally mentioned my name. At that moment, I don’t know what to do. I’m shocked. I’m happy. I’m contented.

That is why I’m looking forward to our 1 month getaway this summer on Jeju Island. Just for compensation, I want to spend every single day with him because after that 1 month vacation, he’ll be back on his own world. And I’ll be left alone again. Though of course, I still have my friends, but there’s still this feeling of loneliness when the one you love leaves. You get what I mean?

Before I forgot, I’m gonna be late on out date!

----------

(No One’s POV)

Yoona and Jaejoong, the newest couple, spent each day together. Though they never really go out, she understands. They are just staying on his house, all the time.

“You wanna go out today?” Jaejoong asked which shocked Yoona.

“Really? You’re asking me out?” She looked excited because for the first time, her boyfriend asked her out. 

“Yeah. That’s what you want, right?”

Yoona just nodded with full of excitement on her eyes.

She changed outfit for her very first real date. After her preparations, she goes back to Jae’s. She was greeted by Jiyong.

“Hey Ji!” She chirped as she walks near him.

She’s staring at him while waiting for his reply.

“W-“ As soon as he opened his mouth to talk, Jaejoong appeared.

“Hello there beautiful.” Jaejoong started as he hold Yoona’s right hand.

“Are you ready babe? I’m excited.” Yoona jumped up and down. They continuously walk out of the house without even saying goodbye to Jiyong. 

“Tss. . Who does he think he is? Stealing her away from me just like that. It’s as if I don’t exist anymore. Aish!” He ruffled his hair and heads back to his room, probably sulking, again.

‘Wait. She’s not even mine in the first place.’ He thought and shook his head.

Ever since the confession night, exactly 4 days ago, he didn’t go out of the house. When Yoona’s in their house, he waits for them to go inside Jae’s room, doing God-knows-what things, and that’s the only time he’ll go out of his room, for example, to eat.

He feels sad because he thinks he’s invisible to her again. That’s the last thing he wanted to happen, but it’s happening.

---

(Mall)

They are happily walking hand in hand. As weird as it may seems like what’s Jae is wearing, she knows the reason behind it.

‘Don’t worry about anything, just enjoy this date.’ She said to herself.

The stroll around the mall, eat, watch movies, and when she realized that her leg’s feeling tired, she pulled Jae on the benches in the middle of the lobby. The same place where she and Jiyong rested before.

She smiled remembering the girls’ checking Jiyong out. Even talking about him aloud.

She giggled.

“What’s the matter babe?”

“A-Ah. Nothing babe.”

“Okay. If you say so.” He’s smiling at his girlfriend’s silliness. “You want ice cream?”

She clapped her hands and nod.

“Aigoo. My girlfriend’s so cute! Wait for me here, okay?” he pinched her cheeks before leaving.

She waited for him for about 5 minutes now but he’s not yet back.

‘Where is he?’ She thought and looked around pouting.

“Why is my girlfriend pouting?” Jae suddenly appeared.

“Ahmm. I was waiting for my boyfriend, actually. But he took so long to buy me an ice cream.” She continued to pout.

“Tss. That boyfriend of yours is so lucky. Here’s your ice cream.” He handed the cone to her.

“You’ll look more handsome without this.” She said as she takes off his sunglasses. 

Jae smiled but he feels uneasy about it. When he noticed that some group of students is getting some photos, he thought, ‘I smell trouble.’

“HERO!” someone shouted.

Both of them were startled. They looked at each other not knowing what to do. People are getting aware of his presence. Jaejoong took off his cap and put it on Yoona’s head. 

“One…Two…Three!” He whispered and pulled Yoona with him to get out of the mall. After minutes of running, they saw narrow and dark alley. They turned and hid there as they lost the fans running after them. 

“Whoo!” Yoona’s catching her breath. “That was fun.”

“Yeah. But don’t do that again okay? I don’t want you getting hurt by the fans.” Jae said holding his chest and caching his breath too.

They arrived home laughing.

“Guess you had a good time.” Yuri stated before going to her room.

---

*April 11, 2k--*
*8AM*

“Yoong! C’mon, let’s go! They are all here.” Fany shouted outside Yoona’s room.

“Wait a sec!”

They are going to Jeju Island today for a month. Jaejoong and his friends will be going too.

They are now inside the coaster, riding their way to the airport. Yoona is sitting beside Jae, Lay and Tao, Yuri and Sica, Jiyong and Sulli, and then TOP.

Sulli’s the only one talking inside and with that, Yuri and Sica are pissed.

“Why is she even here? Is she invited? Who invited her?” Sica whispered to Yuri.

“I don’t know too friend. Yoona said she invited her. Aish! I hate it!” Yuri whispered back.

They arrived at the airport and walked comfortably inside except the 3TS who’s covering their faces.

---

After many hours, they finally arrived safely on the resort that Jiyong suggested.

“Good morning Mr. Kwon. The rooms are all ready for you. You can rest as soon as you entered your room.” The old looking lady and accompanied them to their assigned rooms.

“Mr. Kwon, I hope you don’t mind sharing rooms with the others.”

“Of course I don’t, Deb.” He smiled sweetly to the old lady. “But I think they will.” He winked at her and the old lady laughed at Jiyong’s playfulness.

The group needs to share rooms due to the unexpected visit of 3TS and Sulli. When he called to book for another 2 rooms, the receptionist said that the whole hotel is occupied already. That left them no choice but to just add beds to the rooms.

He reserved 4 rooms, 2 for girls and 2 for the boys.

Room 402 – Lay, Tao and Donghae
Room 403 – Sica and Yuri
Room 404 – Jiyong, TOP, and Jaejoong
Room 405 – Yoona, Sulli and Fany

As much as Fany refuses to the arrangements, Yoona looks calm and okay with it.

“Yoong, I don’t think this is a good idea.” Fany said.

“Why? Sulli looks nice. Don’t worry about her.”

“She shouldn’t be here in the first place! The day didn’t even start yet it’s already ruined!” Yuri said as she crossed he arms in front of her.

“I know right.” Sica added.

“Guys, don’t worry about her. I don’t know why you don’t like her but she looks…” Yoona looked at Sulli talking with Jiyong. “…fun to be with. Just, just bear.” She gave them a sweet smile and left.

“What’s wrong with her eyes?” Yuri asked pouting. “What’s wrong with her Sica?!” She shakes Sica’s shoulders.

“Hey Yul! Stop it, will you?” Sica demanded.

“Guys, Yoong is really, undeniably, truly an angel.” Fany stated before following Yoona inside.

---

*knock knock*

“Guys! Come on down, let’s eat lunch!” Sica shouted behind the door.

“Yoong faster! I know you’re hungry and you want to eat every piece of foods there! Hahaha.” Fany joked.

“Ahh~ Of course not! I’m not yet hungry!” Yoona reacted, but her stomach growled.

*crwlll*

“Hahahaha!” Fany’s laughter filled their room before she went out leaving Yoona with Sulli.

“Hehe.” Yoona awkwardly looked at Sulli.

“You guys are best friends, right?” Sulli asked.

“Yeah. Why’d you ask?”

“Nothing. Just, you are so lucky to have friends like them.”

“Yes I am. They are always by my side, against all odds. *sigh* When me and my parents first moved to our current hometown, they are the first who approached me. You know, I’m a shy little girl back then. We came from New York so I don’t have a lot of friends here. Not to mention I’m not that good speaking our language. Oh! I’m sorry for telling you unnecessary things.”

“No no. Don’t worry. Go ahead, continue.” Sulli smiled.

“Hmm. I’m the only child of my parents. They gave me all I wanted as a child. And that made my classmates on pre-school to get envious of me. So they started to bully me…”

“…”

“…so when I became friends with them, I learn to smile and laugh again. They are all precious to me. I feel like my world’s crashed when someone so close to me, almost my best friend, bullied me for no reason. *chuckle* No reason at all.”

“Oh…” Sulli didn’t know that behind her smiles, laughs, and her kind personality, there are still things that already ruined her. ‘She’s tough.’ She thought.

“I envy you…” Sulli continued.

“W-Why? Why made you say that?”

“I don’t have friends like them. I think I am cursed.” Sulli looked down.

“…” Yoona just looked at her and waited for her to continue.

“Hahaha. The only person, who treated me as a real person, is Jiyong.  That’s why I can’t move on. We never were a couple. I just used to think that way. But I’m not. He loves someone, harsh. But I’m trying to move on now because if being friends with him was the only way for me to still see him and be close to him, then I don’t have a choice but to settle for less.”

“You really love him.”

Sulli smiled. “Don’t worry about me. I’m fine.”

“Hmm. You can be friends with us.” Yoona stated.

“They don’t like me, obviously. Especially Jiyong’s sister.” She said in a matter-of-fact tone.

“They are just like that at first. Don’t worry.”

Sulli just smiled and they both head to where the others are.

---

Lay saved seat for Yoona between him and Jae while Sulli sat beside Jiyong.

“Mr. Kwon, the lunch will be served in a minute, sorry for making you wait.” The waiter said.

“We don’t mind. Just make sure it’s all mouth watering.” Jiyong smiled.

“Why do all people here know you?” Sulli asked.

“Thanks for asking that, girl. They address you like you own this place.” Yuri added.

“Yu own this place? Wow!” Tao reacted earning a smack on the back of his from Sica.

“. Yuri’s just assuming. Tss.” Sica said.

“Why don’t you answer them bro.” Jae stated.

“Tss. Bro.” Jiyong smirked. “The lunch is here. Let’s just eat.”

‘Why do they respond coldly to each others? These guys are giving me headache.’ Yoona thought.

They eat with silence and after some time, they started to talk about the 3TS career.

“So what made you continue and still pursue singing and acting if all the procedures aren’t satisfied with your work?” Tao asked.

They are all looking at Jae now.

“Of course, it’s Yoona. My friends know it, right?” he answered and looked at his group mates. They both nodded.

“You’re blushing Yoong. Hahahaha.” Sica teased.

“I-I’m n-not!”Yoona denied but her cheeks said it all.

“So cute.” Jae complimented. And they all laughed at Yoona.

Yoona’s cheeks continued to blush while she pouts.

---

They spend the whole afternoon playing on the beach, swimming, and being the childish Tao and Sica, they suggested playing dodge ball.

At every games and activity they are doing, both Jiyong and Sulli didn’t joined.  Most of the times, they’re nowhere to be found.

“I guess Jiyong and Sulli are getting back together.” Donghae said after noticing that the two are missing in action again.

“What?! Are they really exes?!” Sica over reacted.

“So that explains everything.” Fany nods.

‘If they only know the truth. I was right. Jiyong will never deny a girl if they really became an item.’ Yoona thought.

“That’s why she’s so clingy with my brother. Tss. .” Yuri said.

“Yul, watch your mouth.” Yoona whispered. “TOP’s still her brother.”

“Opps.” She covers for a moment. “But still!” Annoyance in her voice is evident.

“Let them be. Maybe they are really made for each other. Destiny made their ways crosses again.” Tao commented.

“You’re seriously joking Tao!” Yuri shouted at him and then walked out.

“Yul, wait!” Yoona shouted.

“What’s wrong with her?” Donghae asked. Confused. “She surely has something with Sulli.”

“Yeah. God only knows.” Tao added.

“We’re so sorry Seunghyun (TOP). She didn’t intend to-“ Yoona tried to apologize but TOP cut her off.

“No, it’s fine.” TOP shrugged.

“But we really don’t like your sister.” Sica retorted.

“Hey!” Yoona tried to stop her but failed.

“We’re so sorry. But we really don’t want to be friends with her. I don’t know, there’s something in her that makes me uneasy every time. *chuckle*” Fany added.

“I don’t blame you. If I didn’t know her, I will surely feel what you’re feeling about her either.” TOP smiled.

“Maybe my sister’s just needs a boyfriend. Don’t you think?” Jae asked.

“You’re right oppa. She needed one.” Fany said and eyeing Sica.

“Oh! Tao can be her boyfriend! It’s obvious that they like each other. Am I right Tao?” Sica said while searching for Tao. “Where’s Tao?”

“He left already. He’s following Yuri, probably to apologize. Tss. He’s into her, no doubt.” Lay stated.

“I think so too. Besides, you’re always right, Lay.” Jae said.

“But if that’s really true, don’t you think they will just bully every time they’re together?” Yoona asked.

“Hahaha.” Everyone laughed at the fact.

After their crazy conversation, they watched the sunset before eating their dinner.

----------

(Yoona’s POV)

It’s been a week since we started this vacation, and I think there still many things that we didn’t do, like shopping, watching the fire dancers’ performance, bar hopping, helmet diving, even doing a bonfire. But even though we do things routinely here, we still can’t get enough of it. We eat, play, swim, eat, play, swim…and then eat again. The following days are all like that, but still no dull times. 

Maybe one of the reasons that I don’t get bore here is because Jae is with me all the time. He never failed to surprise me. Imagine, he serenade me in front of the whole crowd.

----------

FLASHBACK

“I know you never hear me say this. But Ms. Im Yoona! You are the girl I adore and you’ll always be my wimpy.” Jaejoong started to strum the guitar.

***
(YOU AND ME by: Lifehouse)



'Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do, nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you
***

Yoona just listened to his song. She stared at him with teary eye.

***
All of the things that I want to say just aren't coming out right
I'm tripping on words
You got my head spinning
I don't know where to go from here

Something about you now
I can't quite figure out
Everything she does is beautiful
Everything she does is right

And me and all of the people with nothing to do and nothing to prove
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you…
***

“…Im Yoona.” Jae finished the last chorus with her name as he looked intently in her eyes. He let the backup guitarist strum the guitar with ‘You and Me’ tune.

“Ahh~”

“So sweet~”

“I envy the girl!”

“That’s Hero, for Pete’s sake!~ Lucky girl!”

The crowd gets wilder when Jaejoong walked towards Yoona.

‘Omo.’ Yoona can’t contain her tears anymore.

He pulled her in the center and they danced, hugging each other.

“Shh…Don’t cry babe.”Jae tightened his hug to Yoona.

“I-I’m just happy Jae…I didn’t expect any of this, yet…” Yoona cried.

“I’m happy too because finally, I can hold you close like this in front of many people. You don’t know how much I love you Yoona.” He whispered.

She stared at him, can’t formulate the right words to say.

“I never felt something this strong before. I loved you since then. I promise I won’t hurt you. I won’t let anything or anyone get between us.” He continued. Sincerity is evident in his eyes.

“I love you.”

“…”

She still can’t open my mouth. ‘Is this still normal?’ She thought.

She doesn’t know how to react. But when he leaned closer, her eyes automatically shut. Before she can feel his lips on hers (just like what she expected to happen)…

*EHEM*

END OF FLASHBACK

----------

He ruined my first romantic kiss! OTL

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: OMG!! JAE!!

thanks for the support guys ^_^