CHAPTER 37 : Space

ONE OF A KIND LOVE

CHAPTER 37 : Space


----------

(No One’s POV)

“Oh wait! I forgot my purse.”

Yoona got her purse and went out of the bar to go home. She’s busy checking on her phone so she didn’t notice the big bike that’s coming her way.

*beeeeeeeeeeep*

With that moment, Yoona fell on the floor, unconscious. Jaejoong came running to her and the others immediately called for an ambulance. There was no blood found on her but she’s still needed to be checked in the hospital.

2 of the boys went with Yoona inside the ambulance and the others followed.

---

When Jiyong left the bar, he went straight to his room and cried. He knew he was wrong, again, but the way Yoona looked at him back there was just too hurtful for him. The coldness in her eyes was stuck in him that he still feels it especially when he close his eyes. He cried just like what he’s doing every night. And unlike before, the hurt he feels now can’t be compared to it. It is hurt and guilt that he feels.

‘Jae’s right. If Yoona feels this way before, it’s just right for me to feel it too. The most difficult part is when I can’t feel that she loves me anymore.’

He tried to think about every possibility to defend Yoona from his thoughts. He can’t even believe himself hurting her again but still, he did.

“I will understand if you cried babe…” Another tear fell from his eyes as he caresses Yoona’s face on his wallet. “…I will come running just to hug you and just to get you back.”

He continues to cry until his tear gland can no longer produce tears, but it’s as if it doesn’t get tired, he doesn’t get tired.

“I’m the one at fault.” He forced to laugh. “Maybe I won’t say, but I feel. Maybe I don’t show, but I never stop caring. It hurts…” He choked. “…everything that happened hurts me too. Up until now, I still love you. No. I never stop loving you. I will never stop doing that, even if it means that I’ll be hurt forever. One of a kind, I hope you never forget that.”

He keeps on encouraging his own self that there’s still a chance for them until he fell asleep. He had a bad dream, something terrible that he never want to happen in real life, that Yoona will never be with him again. He woke up sweaty, calling for her name and without him knowing that Yoona really had an accident that very same night.

---

“Hello, Uncle! We’re heading to **** Hospital. Yoona had an accident. Please, come.”

Tao ended the call and concentrate on driving.

---

“It was so sudden…we didn’t…oh my God…” Fany continuously cry as Jaejoong comforts her.

“She will be okay, Fany.” He said.

“Please let’s be strong for her. It’s no one’s fault.” Mrs. Im added. “Everything’s going to be alright. I believe in her, I hope you are all too.” She continued.

They are waiting outside the Emergency Area when the doctor called Yoona’s parents. After a few minutes, they came back with Yoona. They are thankful seeing her on just a wheel chair and cast on her left arm.

Yoona smiled. “Hey guys.”

“Yoong~” The girls greeted her with teary eyes.

“Stop worrying now. I’ll talk to you later, ‘kay? The doctor said I need to sleep.” Yoona continued.

They all nodded as the nurse pushes her to her room.

“What happened, Aunty? Why did she collapse?” Yuri asked.

“It was just because of shock that she collapsed on the bike’s impact.” Mrs. Im started. “She’s also drunk that time and it added to the stress she feels.”

“He said the only thing we should worry now is her depression. She can’t cope up well and she already needs medications for it. I just don’t understand…” Mr. Im added.

“What is it honey?” Mrs. Im asked.

“He told me to make her forget the thing she saw last night. When I asked Yoona about it, she just shrugged. Does anyone of you know what it is?” Mr. Im continued.

“Personally, I don’t know.” Jaejoong said.

“Me too.” The girls added.

Donghae, on the other hand, knew everything but he decided not to tell them.

“It’s better if we didn’t know, that way we can never talk about it with her, right?” Donghae said and everyone agreed.

They all went home at Im’s residence and waited for the sun to shine before visiting Yoona again. Donghae didn’t have a good sleep because he’s thinking if what he did was right. Besides, if he tell them what happened, Jiyong will be dead, again.

---

“Maybe we should take her with us honey.” Mr. Im said.

“Is it the best idea now? Will that be a good help?” Mrs. Im asked.

“Actually, I don’t know. I don’t know what the right thing to do anymore. I just want her to get away from all these things.”

“…”

“If I decide to take her, will she understand?” Mr. Im hugged her wife.

“*sigh* If we talk to her, she’ll probably would.”

---

When morning came, they go straight to the hospital to visit their friend.

*knock knock*

“Hi Yoong!” Jaejoong hand her the flowers and fruits they brought.

“Wow! Thanks guys.”

“Are you feeling better now?” Lay kissed the top of her head.

Yoona giggled. “You’re so sweet Lay. I’m fine now.”

“If I don’t know you, I will think you like Yoona, Lay.” TOP stated.

“I do.” Lay replied. “She’s my best friend.”

“*chuckle* Okay. Whatever you say.”

“Hey~” Yoona called. “Can I go home now?”

“Yoong~ If you really want to recover quickly, then you will have to stay here as long as you need.” Fany tap her shoulder and Yoona pouts.

“I missed you Yoong!” Sica suddenly hugged her.

“Hahaha.” Yoona hugged her back. “I missed you too so much Sica. It’s been what? 7 hours! 7 hours since we last saw each other. Hahaha.”

“Yah! I’m serious here.” Sica pouts.

“*chuckle* I know. I know.”

“But seriously, don’t ever do that again, ha?” Yuri asked worriedly.

“What?” Yoona asked.

“Collapsing. Please stop this depression, okay? I want you to recover quickly so…”

“Okay, okay. Thank you Yul.” Yoona smiled at her as they hold hands.

“Don’t tell me you’re going to cry again Yul? Hahaha.” Tao exaggeratedly asked.

“Yah!” Yuri replied and they all laughed.

“Why are you so quiet?” Jae whispered at Donghae.

“Nothing. I just love to look at this people taking care of each other.”

Jae smiled when Donghae smiled.

They gave Yoona a note on her cast, everyone of them.

“Yah! You’re just making fun of me! I’m not a princess anymore!” Yoona complained when she read TOP’s message.

-Your left arm is on cast. Now I don’t have to worry about your cooking. Just rest…no. Stop cooking. ‘Kay?

“Tss. Just because you don’t have a prince doesn’t mean you’re not a princess.” Lay suddenly said.

“Here we go again on your sweet comments, Lay.” TOP shook his head.

“Hahaha. Don’t give another meaning to everything I say.”

“Who say you don’t have a prince? We are your princes.” Jae said.

“Oh God!” TOP reacted again.

Yoona giggled at TOP’s reaction. She never thought that he will stay on her friends’ side when his sister, Sulli, is on the other party.

They eat their lunch with Yoona in her room before the doctor came. After an hour, they enter her room again.

“The doctor said I can be discharge the day after tomorrow.” Yoona stated.

“That’s good news.” TOP said. “What about the cast?”

“He said I can just come here for removal after a month.”

“Well that’s good. We can all go to school now.” Yuri said.

“Tss. That’s the last thing I want to do.” Sica disagreed.

“If I know, you don’t want to go to school yet because of him!” Fany pointed at TOP.

“Me?” He asked. “Oh~”

Sica grimaced to see TOP getting all hyped up.

“It’s not what you think! Aish. Tiffany!”

“Hahaha. It’s obvious.” TOP said.

“Yah!” Sica shouted.

“Stop it guys. Anyways, aren’t you excited to see your fans again? You’re going to come back on stage.” Yoona asked.

“I am more excited to be with you.” Jae answered.

“Yuck!” Sica reacted.

“Hahaha.”

---

“She’s in the hospital now.”

The man said to Sulli.

“That’s good. Is she in a bad condition? She better be.” She said.

“Well, I don’t know about her condition but…she collapsed. That’s the last thing I saw.”

“Okay. Here.” Sulli handed an envelope to the man. “It’s a complete payment. Go!”

‘You need to die. That’s the only way I can have Jiyong to myself.’ She thought.

---

“Hello…oppa. Hmm…Yoong’s in the hospital. She got hit by a big bike. I don’t know if telling you this is the right thing to do but…I think you should know. Please call me oppa. I miss you so much! Bye.”

Jiyong heard Yuri’s voice on his voicemail and he suddenly feel sober.

“I need to see her.”

He hurriedly took a shower, changed, and drives his way to the hospital.

“! What hospital is it?”

He fished his phone on his pocket to call Yuri but its dead.

“Aish!”

He didn’t have a choice but to go to every hospital on his way and asked the Emergency Department if they admitted a patient named Im Yoona.

---

“The flight is ready for the three of us.” Mr. Im said.

“I hope that we’re doing is the right thing honey.” Mrs. Im cried. “How can we bring our daughter back?”

“She hasn’t changed at all. Maybe it’s just her way to cope up.”

“I can’t see her like this anymore. I’m going to tell her our decision later. I hope she’ll understand.”

---

He already asked 3 and finally, on his forth try, he found her. The nurse gave him Yoona’s room number but before he turns on the corridor, he heard Yoona’s parents talking.

“She will, honey. She needs space away from all these stress…and for the person who gives her stress.” Mr. Im said.

“Are you mad at Jiyong?”

Jiyong stopped on his tracks. He doesn’t want to eavesdrop but he wanted to know.

“You know I like him for our daughter. I’m just disappointed that for all the efforts he gives, destiny always made its way to break them. I’m a bit mad maybe because of the miscarriage, but besides that, I don’t have any reasons.”

“I feel the same way. I feel sorry for him.”

Jiyong understands them. He knows that he’s the one to blame for all of these. With that, he left the hospital without even having a glimpse of Yoona. He wanted to see her, God knows how.

He decided to just go home and sulk, just like what he’s doing most of the day, but he’s surprised to see everyone inside.

“Oppa!” Yuri called and run to hug him. “I miss you oppa.”

She cried on his shoulders and Jiyong hugged her tighter.

“I miss you too Yul. I’m so sorry.”

“It’s okay…”

As soon as Yuri say that it’s okay, his tears automatically fell from his eyes and he cried nonstop in front of them.

They finally saw how hurt he is and that he’s hurting the way Yoona is hurting. Sica and Fany can’t control their tears so they cried silently as they watch Jiyong breakdown.

“I’m so sorry Yoona…I…I never thought that it will come up to this point. I’m so…sorry.” Jiyong said.

Tao felt guilty of accusing him but he tried to keep his cool. He’s hurt seeing them both hurting yet they can’t do anything, especially when destiny’s in between them.

‘I don’t understand you Ji. You love her but you’re with another woman.’ Donghae thought.

‘I still believe that you’re destined for each other.’ TOP thought.

They waited for him to calm down before talking.

“Do you know that she’s in the hospital?” Lay asked.

Jiyong nodded.

“So you knew.” Lay whispered. “Have you seen her?”

He shook his head. “I came. But I didn’t see her.”

“But why? It’s your chance!” Tao exclaimed.

“Believe me, I really want to see her. But I heard how her parents hate me.”

“Wait. What?” Sica asked in confusion.

“They hated me. I wanted to show myself to them and apologize but…guilt took over me and eats all the confidence I have.”

Jaejoong chuckled. “Do you think they’re the only one who hates you? Well you’re forgotten about us.”

“Pfft…” Fany controlled her laugh. “Do you love her?”

Jiyong creased his brows.

“She’s asking if you love my wimpy.” Jae repeated.

“O-Of c-course, I do.” Jiyong answered.

“Then win her.” Fany said.

“You…You’re giving me a…a chance?”

“Do you really need to have permission before you win the one you love? Tss. You’re hopeless!” Fany stated.

“She just wants you to have the confidence and guts you used to have, but now it just vanished, like, really? Is it possible for the ‘Great Kwon Jiyong’ to be this hopeless?” Sica said.

“And besides, we really think you’re the one who can make her happy. Though of course, the one who made her miserable too.” Yuri added. “But! The decision is still with Yoong. We’re just telling you these things for you to realize that what you’re doing right now is not enough to get her back. Apologize to her, say things you usually tells her before and make her realize that you’re still worth it, well, if you really want her back, that is.”

“Do you really think I will let her slip away?” Jiyong asked lively, smiling at them.

“Now that’s what I’m talking about.” Tao put his arms around Jiyong’s shoulder.

“I know that it’s just a misunderstanding, what happened to you and Yoona. Enlighten her; make her understand everything that you did. After all, she deserves an explanation.” Lay said.

“And we do too.” Tao added.

“Whatever your reason is, I want to see Yoona smiling again, a real smile. I’m a bit hesitant about this ‘one more chance’ thing but…for her good, you should really do your best to win her again.” Hae said.

“I don’t know what really happened between the two of you, but I’m giving you my blessings. No reason at all.” TOP added.

“Hahaha.” Sica laughed. “Yah! What?” She reacted when she felt all eyes are on her.

“Just make sure you won’t hurt her again because if you do…she’s not the only one you’ll lose.” Lay warned.

Jiyong nodded.

“I know that you love her too much, and I know that she feels the same way for you. I’m supporting her here, not you, so don’t think I completely forgive you.” Jae said.

---

After having a talk to Jiyong, Fany invited him to go with them to the hospital but Jiyong declined. He said he’s waiting for the right time for them to talk, and it’s not yet the right time.

They head back to the hospital to have a little talk with Yoona before they go home and rest.

“Are you still hurting?” Fany asked Yoona as she holds her hands.

“Hurting where? Here?” Yoona points on her left arm covered with cast. “Or here?” Then she points at her heart. “I’m starting to make myself believe that we’re not meant for each other.”

Fany don’t know how to react so she didn’t talk. She feels sad for the ex-couple.

‘Don’t give up Yoong. Not now that he’s going to make an effort to win you again.’ She just prayed.

“Some people come in our lives as blessings…and others come in as lessons. He’s my heartbreaker. And I guess I learned my lesson.” Yoona paused. “You need to go home now. It’s already late. My parents are packing my things now.”

They all creased their brows.

“What do you mean, Yoong?” Jae asked.

Yoona just smiled and forced them to leave.

Two days have passed and her discharge day came. She was surprised to see the banner on their house saying ‘Welcome home Yoong!’.

“Aigoo~ Thank you guys! I love the balloons!” Yoona chirped.

They organized a small party for Yoona and they started to party during lunch. They see Yoona’s smiles but they also see the sadness behind it. They chose to ignore that fact and acted like they really believe that she’s happy because they know that that what she wants.

It’s already 2PM when they noticed Yoona being gloomy.

‘Whatever we do, only Jiyong can make you feel satisfied, ha?’ Jaejoong painfully thought as he stares at Yoona.

“Where are you?” Yuri said over the phone. “Where throwing her a party Please c-“

-I know. I’m just outside.- Jiyong said.

“But-“

-Bye Yul.-

Then Jiyong hang up.

Yuri went back to the living room when Yoona talked.

“Guys, I’m already tired. I’m just going to my room, okay?”

They just nodded and smiled at her. They know that something’s wrong with her besides being tired.

‘I know it’s Jiyong. I saw him.’ Yoona thought as she heads to her room.

She hurriedly closed her door and peak through her window while hiding behind the curtain.

“Jiyong.” She silently called. “I miss your hug, your kiss, everything. I miss you. I wish you were here.”

Right after saying those words Jiyong looked up to her room and they met each other’s eyes. Jiyong didn’t know if he’s going to smile at her but he still did.

“Yoona.” He stood up and smiled.

But despite of how she wanted to smile back, she remembers him kissing Sulli the night before the accident. She keeps a straight face and pretended to see no one outside then she let down the curtain. Deep inside, she wanted to smile back at him. 

In her heart she knows Jiyong is the only one for her, that he still thinks that she’s his one of a kind love and that he still cares. But in her head, Jiyong will be her ruin. And that he doesn’t deserve any of her love after what he did to her.

“Think Yoona. Follow your mind. No heart this time.” She said to herself.

“Yoona…” Jiyong is still looking up to her room. “I’m sorry.”

He looked down and started to walk to his car to go back to Seoul.

“Maybe it’s really not yet the right time.”

---

Days have passed before they finally heard the news that Yoona is leaving with her parents for New York.

“Oppa! She’s leaving!...Yes!...Now!...Hurry!”

Yuri shouted over the phone as she and the others drove their way to the airport.

“Hurry, hurry, hurry.”

“Stop it Yul. You’ll lead us to accident. Aish!” Tao said concentrating on his driving.

“I’m just nervous. Sorry. I hope oppa can make it.”

After some more minutes, they arrived at the airport and they automatically searched for Yoona.

“Where is she?!” Sica shouted.

“There! C’mon. Yoong!” Fany shouted. “Wait!”

Then they run to Yoona.

“Girls. So loud.” TOP complained.

“Yes they are.” Lay agreed.

“Hey Jae, TOP. I can feel the stares of the people here. They’re starting to take pictures.” Donghae said as he tried to cover his face with his hands.

“Aish!”

TOP and Jae did the same then they followed the girls.

“Yah!” Fany slapped Yoona’s shoulder. “Why do you have to do that?” She started to cry.

“That hurts~” Yoona pouted. “Hey, don’t cry. I did that to lessen the sadness you’ll feel. I don’t want you to feel sad for days just because I’m leaving.” She hugged Fany.

“Tss. That doesn’t change the fact that you’re still leaving!” Sica tear up.

“Guys. I’ll be gone for just a month, okay? I’m still enrolled in our school. Stop crying! Sica you’re funny!” Yoona said.

“Hahaha.” Yuri laughed.

“Wha-“ Sica looked at her. “Aish! Yuri!!!”

“These girls.” Lay shook his head.

They took their last pictures before she leaves.

“By the way, I want you all to be there when I come back, okay?” Yoona started. “Oh! We’re called!”

She hugged them all one by one. “I love you! See you soon, goodbye!”

Then she run to her parents but stopped when Jae caught her wrist.

“Reason?”

She smiled t him. “It’s better to be alone sometimes; in that case, no one can hurt me.”

Jae let go and nodded.

“Yoona, come here.” Lay pulled her to a hug. “Don’t think you’re broke.”

“But I am.” She replied and tears started to fall from her eyes.

The girls started to cry too thinking that Yoona is running away from her problem.

“Shhh…Don’t cry.” Lay said and tightened his hug. “You’re not broken. One small crack doesn’t mean you’re broken. It means that you were put to a test and you didn’t fall apart.”

“I believe I’m falling apart. *sobs*”

“Tss. Don’t think like that. Where’s the optimistic Yoona I know? When you come back, make sure that you’re the old you, okay? Promise me.”

Yoona nodded and wiped her tears away.

“Guys…I’m leaving now. I love you!”

“We love you too. Goodbye.”

She turned her back from them and continued walking towards her parents.

“Yoona!” Lay called. “Don’t forget to smile and let everyone know that you are a lot stronger that you were yesterday.”

She nodded and another tear fell from her eyes. “I’ll miss your words of wisdom Lay! I will never forget everything you say.”

Lay just nod and smile.

They are just staring at her back when Yuri gasp.

“Omo! Oppa!”

“. How can we forget about him?” Tao said.

“I’m here.”

They all looked back and saw Jiyong looking haggard.

“Ji…” Fany whispered.

Jiyong smiled at them and glanced at Yoona’s back before turning his back to his friends and started walking towards the exit.

“Now she’s gone.” Lay said.

“But she’ll just be gone for a month, right? There’s still a chance.” Yuri assured.

Lay smiled sadly at her and followed Jiyong out.

---

School started, 3TS is busy again and they are all longing for someone’s presence, especially Jiyong.

‘I can’t believe I survived 2 months without her by my side. 3 weeks since school year starts, I can’t wait to see her.’ Jiyong thought.

*knock knock*

“Oppa! Breakfast is ready. You’re going to be late, hurry!” Yuri shouted behind the door.

Jiyong immediately followed her sister. “Yeah, yeah. It’s still early Yul.”

“It’s almost a month now yet our lessons are boring as hell.” Yuri whines.

“Ours too. Right Tao?” Fany agreed and Tao nodded.

Jiyong just listen to the girls’ whines and continue eating his breakfast.

“I hope she can come back here by tomorrow.” Tao said out of the blue.

“I’m hoping for that too. I miss her so, so much. How about you Ji?” Sica asked.

“You don’t have to ask him that. You should know the answer.” Yuri said and the girls chuckled.

“Tss. Don’t include me to your conversation. I’m out of here.” Jiyong stood up. 

“Don’t you miss her, Ji?” Fany asked. “Okay, I’m going to tell her that you’re not excited to see her back.”

Jiyong stiffened and looked at Fany.

“W-What are you saying? Is s-she…c-coming back?”

“…”

“…”

“I’m just joking Ji. I’m not going to tell her that you know. Besides, even if I tell her, I’m sure she’ll never believe me.” Fany laughed. “Hahaha. You’re so funny Ji!”

“Tss.” Jiyong feel embarrassed and blushed. “Stop it! Well…I’m…Aish! I’m really out of here!”

He walked out of the house and drives his way to the school.

‘So embarrassing! God, I can’t help it when it’s about her.’

“Be cool Ji. Be cool.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: AHHMM, what WOULD I SAY......... ENJOY HAHA!!! ^_^v

let's see, how many chapters left??? hhmm--