CHAPTER 21 : Pain

ONE OF A KIND LOVE

CHAPTER 21 : Pain


----------

(No One’s POV)

*Day28*
*May 8, 2k--*

When Fany wakes up without Yoona, she automatically feels the nervousness the she don’t want to feel.

‘I hope she’s okay.’ She thought while fiddling on her phone.

----------

FLASHBACK

Fany is so concerned on her best friend’s issue about Jae, how he became distant to her.

She went to a bar, out of the resort, and gets a drink alone.

‘What keeps him busy these days?’

She didn’t want to think about it because it gives her a headache. And besides, all her feelings she sets aside since Jae confessed to Yoona. She loves her best friend more than anything and a simple infatuation with Jae since young can’t ruin it. She’s willing to do everything for Yoona and her friends even if her love life is at stake. 

‘Aish. Why am I even thinking about it now? They’re fine and I’m sure they’re okay. I hope.’

She sighed before sipping on her drink.

After an hour of thinking about Yoona and Jae, she decided to go back and sleep but before she reach the exit, she saw a couple making out on the dark corner.

‘Tss. Get a room.’ She wanted to shout.

She turned her head towards the exit again but something on the guy caught her attention. So she went near them, enough to see the guy’s face, and hid herself.

“What the f-“

She covered , stopping herself from cursing, once she had a great view of the guy. She looked again and her eyes welled up in tears when they head upstairs to the private rooms of the bar.

‘Jae.’

END OF FLASHBACK

----------

She wanted to talk to Jae about what she saw but Jae’s always missing.

‘I guess I’m late.’ She buried her face on her hands.

*knock knock*

“Hey, breakfast’s ready.” Sica opened the door and her brows’ creased. “Where’s Yoona?”

“*sigh* I’m not sure, but her clothes are gone too.” Fany answered.

“She left. I saw her packing her things last night.” Sulli stated as she heads on the bathroom.

“Why didn’t you stop her?!” Sica shouted.

“She’s crying, okay? How can I ask her if she’s on that state?” Sulli answered back before closing the bathroom’s door.

“Have you seen Lay?” Tao suddenly barged in.

“N-No. Why?” Sica asked, confused.

“I can’t find him and his things are gone and-“ He suddenly paused when he saw the girl’s faces. “Where’s Yoona?”

“We don’t know too Tao.” Sica sat on the bed. “Why did they left?”

“Don’t worry about Yoona anymore. She’s with Lay.” Fany assured.

After telling the others that Lay and Yoona already left, they packed their things and left earlier that they expected.

Everybody’s not in the mood to talk especially the 3TS, Jiyong and Fany.

“Oppa. Don’t worry about them. Lay will never let her get hurt.” Yuri assured Jae by patting his back.

Without them knowing, Jiyong is glaring at Jae the whole trip.

---

*knock knock*

Lay opened the door and saw his friends standing all worriedly outside.

“Where’s Jae?” he asked with a serious tone.

“Home? W- Yah! Lay!” Sica called when Lay passed by them.

He didn’t bother to turn around and head straight to Kwon’s residence.

“Jae.”

He called him and as soon as Jae turned his face, Lay punched him right in the face.

“Bro. Stop!” TOP said as he tried to pull Lay off Jae.

“Yah! Lay, why did you do that?” Donghae asked helping TOP.

“Lay, what happened?” Jiyong asked.

“Ask your bastard step brother!” Lay answered.

“You!” Lay pointed at Jae. “You don’t have the right to hurt her like that! You know how much she loves you! You should’ve just told it to her straight than lying and hurting her!” He paused. “You shouldn’t have courted her and making her believe that you love her as much when you’ll just end it in the first place.”

“…”

Lay acted like he’s going to punch Jae on the floor but Jiyong restrained him.

“Where’s Yoona?” Jiyong asked.

“She’s in her room.”

And they both left leaving Jae still sitting on the floor.

“Here oppa.” Yuri helped him up. “Why did he punch you, oppa?”

“He deserves it.” TOP stated.

“Why? Omo!” Yuri gasped. “D-Did y-you…”

Jae keeps his head down.

“Oh. My. God.” Yuri covered her hands with both of her hands and stood up before running outside.

“Bro, these all became too hard to handle now. Sorry.” Donghae apologized before leaving with TOP.

---

The girls continued to knock outside Yoona’s room, pleading her to open the door but to no avail.

“Hey Yuri.” Fany smiled weakly to Yuri.

“Yoong. Please open the door. Talk to us, please?” Yuri shouted.

“Yuri, maybe she really needs to be alone now.” Sica patted her back.

They go downstairs finding TOP and Donghae in a serious talk with Lay, Tao, and Jiyong.

“So he’s just gonna dump her like that?” Jiyong asked in a furious expression.

“I guess, for now they really need to talk.” TOP suggested.

“She’s not yet ready to face him. He can’t be near our Yoong!” Tao replied.

“If they’re really over, they should talk and have their peaceful closures.” Donghae added.

“No Donghae. What he did to her is unforgivable. They can’t have a peaceful closure, at least not now.” Tao said.

“What’s happening to them, really? Please let us know. Lay?” Sica plead.

“I don’t think I can speak in behalf of Yoona. Let’s just hear TOP and Hae for Jae’s side for now.” Lay said.

So then the 2 members told them the whole story, from the beginning.

As soon as they are finished, Jiyong stood up.

“Thank you for enlightening me.” He said with a tight fist and run outside.

“Oppa!”

“Ji!”

They all followed him but were too late to stop him from punching Jae. He continued to punch him on the face while hovering over Jae on the floor. The girls didn’t move as they felt the dark aura from Jiyong. The boys tried their best to pull Jiyong off Jae, but he’s too strong, they can’t restrain him.

“I already told you not to hurt her! But you still did it, you bastard!” Jiyong said with gritted teeth as he holds onto Jae’s collar tightly.

“I-I’m…Please let me talk to her. P-Please.” Jae’s voice breaks while pleading to Jiyong.

Jiyong smirked and finally released Jae but he pushed him hard on the floor.

“I don’t want to see you near her again.” He paused. “Or heaven knows what I can do to you!” he said as he walked out.

The others split in two as they made room for the furious Jiyong.

“H-He…” Fany didn’t finish her sentence as her knees got weak and she fell on the floor, crying. Yuri and Sica tried to help her up but they are feeling weak too with crying.

They stayed there not moving, not knowing what to do.

---

“Yoona! Can you please open the door? Don’t be a weakling to me!”

Jiyong tried many times to convince her.

*sigh*

He’s now sitting outside Yoona’s room then after a few more minutes, he heard the door clicked. He stared at it for a few seconds before standing up and holding the knob. He let out another sigh before turning completely and he saw Yoona sitting on the floor by her bed, head on her arms folded over her knees.

“Yoona.” He softly called as he heard her sobbing. He sat beside her and continuously pats her back.

“Shhh.”

He never stop patting her back and hushing her for the whole 30 minutes. No one talks; Yoona’s sobs and Jiyong’s hush can be heard inside the whole room.

“What’s wrong with me?” Yoona finally asked when she calmed down.

“There’s nothing wrong with you, Yoona.”

“Maybe I’m really a weakling.” She faked a laugh.

“Yeah, you are. But you’re only a weakling to me, not to anyone, just me.”

Yoona didn’t respond so he thinks this is the best opportunity to ask her about what happened.

“*sigh* What do you think?” He asked.

“Ha? Think about what?” She asked back.

“Hmm. About everything…you know.”

“Ahh.” She paused. “White Horse.”

“White- what?” Jiyong asked confused.

“White Horse by Taylor Swift.”

“I…I don’t get you.”

Yoona smiled weakly at him.

‘Faking it doesn’t help.’ Jiyong thought as he smiled back at her.

“I don’t get myself too. We’re even.” Yoona stated.

Jiyong looked at her while she’s fiddling on her fingers on her lap.

Yoona stiffened when Jiyong suddenly held her face and stared on her eyes.

“You can smile in front of them all…but you can’t fool me.”

“Ji-“

“Shh. I understand that you want to look strong. But remember that all fakes in this world just add to the original problem we have. Just stick this to your mind; you can always count on me, okay? You’re MY weakling anyway.”

He saw how her tears are forming on her eyes so he brushed it off as one by one, it dropped.

“Jiyong, I don’t want to cry anymore.”

“Then don’t. But if really can’t hold it in anymore, me and all your friends are here for you. Don’t hold back, we understand.”

“Thank you Jiyong. But…” she paused and took his hands. “Why are these bruised?”

“Nothing.” He pulled his hands back.

She smiled at him. “Hmm…I don’t feel like crying right now. I feel like eating. I’m so hungry.”

“Tss.” He just ruffled her hair before assisting her up.

---

After the not-serious-talk of the two, they head down the living room that made everyone shocked.

Lay nod at Jiyong as they walked towards them.

“Yoong~” The girls shouted.

“Hey~” Yoona smliled and hugged them. “Let’s eat?”

“Yoong, whether you like it or you most like it, we’re all staying here.” Sica said.

“My bags are packed!” Fany smiled.

“Me too!” Tao seconded.

Everyone laughed. They try to do cheer Yoona up.

“Thank you Jiyong.” Fany whispered and he smiled at her.

“Yoong, sorry for what happened.” Yuri cried. “Omo. I mean…I’m not going to ruin the moment, so just ignore me.”

“Aww.” Yoona hugged her. “Let’s forget about that now, okay? I’m starving.”

Yuri nodded.

TOP and Donghae started to prepare lunch.

“What happened to your hands?” Yoona asked as she saw Lay’s bandaged hand. “Are you and Jiyong been in a fight?”

Jiyong and Lay laughed.

“Yeah. Jiyong’s been a headache to me. So I punched him.” Lay answered with a big smile.

Yoona looked at Jiyong for confirmation.

“Yeah.” Jiyong agreed and smiled at her.

“Tss. Come here. I’ll treat you hand.” Yoona said and pulled Jiyong with her.

---

They eat their lunch and spend the whole afternoon and almost half of the night cheering Yoona up. They all sleep inside, with TOP and Donghae, hoping that everything’s alright though they clearly know that it’s impossible now. 

They all slept comfortably due to the tiresome day not knowing that someone cried her heart out all night.

 

 

 

 

A/N: sorry for the short update guys.. ^_ ^v