CHAPTER 7 : Provisions (1)

ONE OF A KIND LOVE

CHAPTER 7 : Provisions (1)


----------

(Yoona’s POV)

It’s been almost 2 weeks since my parents left, 2 weeks since Jiyong came back, and 2 weeks since I watched Jaejoong’s interview.

Today is Wednesday, a very busy day. Since we’ll be graduating the following week, Wednesday to be exact, everyone is busy for the preparations. We already had our final examinations last Monday and yesterday and I hope everyone will have a good results.  I hope that I won’t be below rank 5 (crossed-fingers). The awards will be announced this Friday and I’m sure everyone is nervous, especially our Yuri. Who wouldn’t when all our classmates are the best when it comes to studies?

Tao, for example, I don’t really know how he became our batch’s rank 2. He just sleeps whenever and fools around wherever. And for your information, Tao rarely sleeps late. (Yeah! Yeah! I don’t really know the reason behind those unique eye bags.) He does for the times that we are having a sleep over or something, but never because he is studying. For Lay, he doesn’t take down notes and he doesn’t even bring any books to school. He reads the lesson once ahead of time, and then Boom! He knows everything already. Lay and Tao are the best because they don’t really put any effort on studying. They are just like that since birth, I guess. Unlike us, girls, we are putting our 1000 percent (if it is even possible) when it comes to studies. I don’t know, but we are grade conscious. Though of course not to the point that we are pulling each other down just be in rank 1.

We already took the first 6 ranks for our batch and I’m very happy to be friends with these guys.

Anyways, my parents are coming back tomorrow. I’m too excited to see them. I missed them so much! I volunteered to pick them up from the airport but they refused. Instead of asking how I am, they asked if Jiyong ‘dear’ is taking good care of me. Tss. Sometimes I feel like they love him more than they love me. ? Hello! Daughter here!

Hmm, speaking of Jiyong, he’s still my bodyguard. He goes with me everywhere I go. Though the last time, he’s the one who did almost all the talking but these past few days, he doesn’t talk much. He does from time to time; I think he’s not in his usual self. I want to ask him why, but I don’t want him to think that I’m too nosy for a friend. I actually asked Yuri about it but she just shrugged. So I dropped it. I remember he didn’t eat with us last Friday in our house. Yuri said he’s going to meet some friends from his alma mater but I don’t think so. It feels like it’s because of Taec. Maybe he’s still pissed at him.

I was about to text him that night but I remembered that even Yuri don’t have his new number. Geez Yul.

My weekend turned out to be boring because all I did was to read and read and read. My girl friends are also busy that time. And my boy friend are also busy…playing Xbox in my living room. Though I am sill thankful that I am busy, it distracted me to think about bad things. You know.

Truly, he scared the hell out of me. But I think I can face him already. I really want to be mad at him but I guess being mad is out of my vocabulary. I just can’t. I saw him earlier but we both ignored each other. Thankfully.

I am now walking to the cafeteria when I saw Jiyong on his phone. I take a seat beside him but I guess he doesn’t feel my presence. He’s talking with his phone on the table and his cheeks over it. Nice! His back is facing me. I wasn’t supposed to eavesdrop but his voice is automatically entering my ears. Hahaha.

“Yeah. Dae said you can’t come because you’re still preparing for you flight back here.”

“Hahahaha.” He suddenly laughed. I roll my eyes at his back. Tss.

“Okay. Okay. I missed you too. Let’s meet next time. Just text me whenever you’re available.” He said. ‘Why do I feel a little uncomfortable here?’ I thought.

“…So you’re saying that you completely over me? Ha?” I looked at his back. ‘So it’s a girl.’

He chuckled and continued. “You are my good friend Sulli. In fact I still care for you. We just didn’t work out because we don’t. As simple as that.” ‘OUCH!’ my subconscious reacted. How can he casually say that to a girl? Aish.

“No. Don’t wait for me anymore. I already found the one for me, you know.”

I can’t take this anymore. *Ehem*

After hearing my fake cough, he straightened and looked at me, grinning.

“Are you here to eavesdrop?” He wiggled his eye brows.

“N-No!” I looked the other way. “O-Of c-course not! Why would I? Tss.” I denied. No. I just said what I really did. I really didn’t eavesdrop. Did I?

He laughed. “Okay. Hahaha. Just stop blushing!” He said. I automatically hold my cheeks and look down.

“Hey.” He called, still laughing. “Just kidding, okay?” He turned me to him. “Why are you here anyway?”

Oh. Why am I here anyway?

“I…I..” I don’t know what to say. “Actually I don’t know too.” I chuckle. “Maybe I just missed your presence?” I sweetly smile at him.

“O-Okay?”

Now it’s my time to laugh. “Hahahaha. Stop blushing Jiyong!” 

He stood up and ready to walk away from me when I call him. “Hey!” He looked. “Don’t go. I’m just joking. Come back.” I said, still laughing.

“Tss.” He reacted but still sat back next to me.

“I’m here to ask you your number and I want to eat. I’m starving already.” I hold onto my stomach.

“Aish.” He ruffled his hair. “What do you want to eat?” He asked.

“Hmm…I changed my mind.” I answered. “Let’s just go back to our room. Yuri is being her baby self again.”

We walked to our room. Just like what usually happens, he’s awkward again. Earlier he’s playful and now…he’s…never mind. Or am I?

Our day pass by so quickly. We just did this and that. Everyone is talking about the graduation ball, and I still don’t have a date! Ughh! This is so frustrating. See, my friend told me that they will be bringing outsiders. Sica, Fany, Lay and Tao will be dating Jay, Siwon, Hyoyeon and Suzy respectively. I’m actually tempted to ask Jiyong because Lay already decided to ask his crush. *sigh* But how can I ask him if he’s being awkward to me? 

‘Omo! What if Yuri asked him already? Oh-No no, she said she will be dating an outsider too. For what I remember. ‘ I thought.

It’s embarrassing to ask a guy to date you though. What to do?

----------

(No One’s POV)

It’s almost past midnight when Yoona fell asleep thinking about the ‘date thingy’ on the graduation ball.

The next day in school, the principal will be announcing the rankings of the graduating students after the deliberation. It will be said to students by section. 

Jiyong, on the other hand, still sticks to Yoona, whenever and wherever. He fears that this girl will be in trouble again. The teachers didn’t mind him being inside the class though. When he is bored, he just sleeps at the back, and that happens every time. He’s just sitting in the back with his earphones on the whole time.
 
For now, they only have to hear the rankings and they are free to go.

But he’s still not taking to her. Or maybe the way he’s talking to her before. He doesn’t know that it bothers Yoona as much as it bothers him. They are being awkward with each other though both of them neither want it. Both don’t know the reason behind their own attitudes.

‘Geez. I miss playing with her!’ He thought. ‘I never got the chance to hear her alligator laugh since I became this way. Aish! Kwon Jiyong!’

Soon, the principal and their class adviser entered the room. Jiyong didn’t realize that he fell asleep until Yoona shook his shoulders. He frowned at her but she just gave him a wide smile. They stared at each other for a few seconds before Yoona hugged him tight. Because of that, his frown turned to smile.

“Jiyong!” She shouted.

“W-Wait. Wha- Don’t be too aggressive weakling! I know I’m hot. But please, not here!” He joked.

Yoona just slapped him beside his arm. “Yah! Majulae?” She warned.

He laughed. ‘She’s so cute.’

“So…” She paused. “…no awkwardness?” She asked while still hugging him. He just nods as an answer. This time, he returned the hug.

“What’s with those two?” Tao asked Yuri. 

“I don’t know…” She answered.

“Awkward? Are they awkward?” Sica asked with confusion.

“I don’t know either.” Fany replied.

“Yoong…” Lay stood behind Jiyong so he’s facing Yoona. “…c’mon, don’t be too obvious.” He joked and started walking out with Tao and Sica. All are laughing.

It took them a few seconds to realize what Lay just said. 

“S-Sorry!” Yoona ran outside pulling Fany with her.

Yuri shook her head and tapped her brother’s shoulder. “Don’t smile like that!” She said making Jiyong to look at her. “She’s waiting for someone, and you know that. Oppa…” She paused. “…you’ll just hurt yourself.” Then she left him dumbfounded.

“Yah! Yuri-ah!” He shouted.

‘I’m just being kind here.’ He denied to himself. He ruffled his hair. ‘Ahh. Who am I kidding? Am I that too obvious?’

----------

(Yoona’s POV)

I am with my friends now and we decided to celebrate the ranking’s result to our house. I was about to get my keys but the door  suddenly opened revealing my parents.

“Mom! Dad!” I ran to hug them. How can I forget about today? ‘Aish! Pabo.’

“I missed you baby!” Dad said. I hugged them tighter. Too many things to be celebrate today.

“Jiyong!” My mom shouted. “Come here son, you too Lay, Fany, Sica, Tao, and Yuri. Let’s eat inside. We prepared foods for all of us.”

Sometimes I think my mother really loves Jiyong more than me. Tss. I think I already rant about this? Hahaha.

We eat while discussing about the ranks and awards of everyone, of course except Jiyong.

“I’m so proud to all of you.” My father congratulates. “I hope nothing bad happened when we’re away?” He continued.

We automatically paused, I stiffened. Lay tightly hold onto my hands. I should be forgetting those by now, but I think it will take time. I looked at him and to my parents before I looked down.

“O-Of course nothing h-happened!” Jiyong suddenly spoke. I mouthed him my ‘Thank You.’

“Y-Yeah… everything went fine. In fact, we’re always having a slumber party here Auntie, Uncle. I hope you don’t mind.” Yuri added. I owe these siblings, really.

The conversation continues and the Sica opened the topic about the graduation ball. *sigh*

“What about you baby? Who’s your date?” Dad asked.

“Uhmm…A-Actually dad, I still don’t have a date up to now.”

“Omo!” My mom reacted. “But why? It’s just a few days before the event.”

“I know mom, but…” I paused. “…I don’t know someone who’s free that day.”

“Hmm.” My mom showed us a freaky smile. “What about you Jiyong?” She looked at him.

“Mom! Of course he’ll be dating his sister.” I said.

“No…Of course I’m not going to date oppa!” Yuri started. “I’ll be dating Youngbae.”

“Oh…”  I don’t know…

“Then that’s perfect!” My mom clapped. “Jiyong is your date!”

“Mom! He didn’t even say he’s free!”

“I’m free.” Jiyong blurted out. “I’ll be her date.” He smiled sweetly on my parents. Ugh! I mentally cussed. At least I won’t have any more problems about the date. Might as well agree to their set up, besides, I want to ask him too in the first place.

The lunch/dinner went great and my parents already took their rest.

“Thanks guys for covering me earlier.” I said.

“No worries Yoong! Anything for you.” Yuri replied.

“Thanks for the lunch Yoong.” Tao said before they bid their goodbyes. I am walking to our door when I heard Jiyong said… “See you later date!”, emphasizing the last word.

I hate it when he teases me. Aish!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: hi again guys!! hope you like it !! 

is it short?? hehe